Author Topic: Hello  (Read 3146 times)

Offline baddream

• View Profile
Hello
« on: June 15, 2006, 02:18:00 PM »
I am a vet/survivor of the St. Pete program from 82-84. I came across this link after doing a search just for grins. Wow. I am seeing a lot of familiar names. I guess a little background is called for. I had my intake in March of '82 and spent my first 14 months on first phase. Not really a major misbehavor, more passive aggressive I guess. As I read some of the various posts, I'm not sure exactly how I feel (Newton would be disappointed I guess) ::bigsmilebounce:: . I guess I mainly have some sort of morbid curiosity about 'where are they now?' I remember the Newt of course and his hag (they really enjoyed their 'work'), Jim Saylor, Steve Mead (I think...dark tan, always talked about driving his motorcycle drunk). Just wanted to sound off a little and say thanks to whoever set this up, giving all of us somewhere to not feel so freakish for what we experienced. I don't feel 'damaged' really. I have a very loving wife and 3 great kids, so life could be a whole lot worse. My mom and I were able to get past all the crap and had a great relationship before she died, so I don't carry that baggage. Gotta say that I wish I could have those two years back though. Thanks for listening. See ya. :wave:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
n old newcomer/new oldcomer

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Hello
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 06:08:00 PM »
Welcome. May God grant you the senility to forget the folks you never liked anyway, the luck to run into the ones you did and the good eyesight to spot `em before they spot you.

It (the Bible) is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
--Samuel Clemens "Mark Twain", American author and humorist

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline baddream

• View Profile
Hello
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 06:26:00 PM »
Thanks. I noticed that there is a 'Bill' who lists himself as a Tampa survivor. Bill Yacko by chance?

Offline teachback

• View Profile
Hello
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 10:17:00 PM »
Not sure..

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
Hello
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 10:42:00 PM »
...Hmmmm...
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Pegasus

• View Profile
    • http://members.cox.net/readingsbypegasus/
Hello
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 11:10:00 PM »
I was there then. I didn't catch your name?

Offline baddream

• View Profile
Hello
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 09:43:00 AM »
My name is Keith. After posing my question, I started thinking it was out of line. Sorry, I 'm new to this whole thing (web forums). Anyway, no offense intended.

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
Hello
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 08:35:00 AM »
On 2006-06-15 11:18:00, baddream wrote:

"I am a vet/survivor of the St. Pete program from 82-84. I came across this link after doing a search just for grins. Wow. I am seeing a lot of familiar names. I guess a little background is called for. I had my intake in March of '82 and spent my first 14 months on first phase. Not really a major misbehavor, more passive aggressive I guess. As I read some of the various posts, I'm not sure exactly how I feel (Newton would be disappointed I guess) ::bigsmilebounce:: . I guess I mainly have some sort of morbid curiosity about 'where are they now?' I remember the Newt of course and his hag (they really enjoyed their 'work'), Jim Saylor, Steve Mead (I think...dark tan, always talked about driving his motorcycle drunk). Just wanted to sound off a little and say thanks to whoever set this up, giving all of us somewhere to not feel so freakish for what we experienced. I don't feel 'damaged' really. I have a very loving wife and 3 great kids, so life could be a whole lot worse. My mom and I were able to get past all the crap and had a great relationship before she died, so I don't carry that baggage. Gotta say that I wish I could have those two years back though. Thanks for listening. See ya. :wave: "

Hey, I think I know you........Keith A***s?  If you are who I think you are, I was a newcomer at your house when I went to court to get out.

I recognized a lot of the names you mentioned, PM me here if you want to talk.
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008, 05:37:29 AM »
Tampa Survivor is Old School.  I was in the old Milton Roy, then Morgan Yacht, and graduated a few months before the move to the Gandy facility.  Bill was in before me and most likely 'Stepped' from the program in the fall of 1978 or early Jan or Feb of 1979.
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?