Author Topic: TN: 502 claims of abuse since 2004  (Read 2266 times)

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
TN: 502 claims of abuse since 2004
« on: March 03, 2008, 02:57:04 PM »
http://www.wate.com/global/story.asp?s=7954113

Tenn. had 502 claims of abuse at juvenile facilities since 2004

NASHVILLE (AP) -- Officials report Tennessee had 502 claims of abuse at state-run juvenile facilities from 2004 through mid-2007.

According to statistics supplied by the state to The Associated Press, 14 of the abuse reports were substantiated.

There were 450 employees at the state's 16 juvenile facilities reprimanded or fired during the same period, but the reasons were not specified in information gathered by the AP.

More than 4,900 juveniles were treated for physical injuries during the time, most of them resulting from fights or sports.

The state reports one death, a suicide in 2004.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 04:07:44 AM by ZenAgent »
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Re: TN: 502 claims of abuse since 2004
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 08:45:17 PM »
I wonder if McCain would get riled up about kids being held captive for years and fucked up and fucked with...

I for one would rather enjoy seeing him go into a rage before Congress. :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."