Author Topic: Words of Wisdom  (Read 2465 times)

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
Words of Wisdom
« on: January 24, 2008, 03:41:13 PM »
"AARC requires every youth to sign a consent to treatment before being admitted in addition to a consent being granted by the government department or parent responsible."

"Inside he was told to go downstairs and in the basement he was surrounded by "eight guys all bigger than me who said I was getting a drug assessment."

"For company he was assigned the same husky youths that he believed he'd have to fight if he attempted to escape."

"CONSENT FORM SIGNED

Vause remembers the admission.

"Lawren was a really sick kid and he didn't want to be here but we talked to him and he did sign the consent for assessment and treatment," said Vause.

"Sometimes you have to step in front of a kid that sick, although the risks for us as an organization are great because we don't want to leave ourselves open to accusations of unlawful confinement. That's why we require them to sign a consent.""

http://www.aarc.ab.ca/images/fundraisin ... %20sun.pdf

Here's what some of the highly skilled, trained and emminently qualified professionals who have worked at AARC say about this:

"Richelle Hall wrote
at 5:48pm on October 13th, 2007
I've kept in contact with many graduates over the years, some who feel wronged, some who maybe didn't need to be there....everyone is entitled to their own opinion."

"Tracy Hall-Hobbs wrote
at 1:47pm on October 18th, 2007
And Yes....parents can sign their children into a treatment centre (not a church - again just clarifying your idiocy) if they are under 18. That my friend is a law...and if parents are trying a last resort..why the fuck wouldnt they?? "

"Tracy Hall-Hobbs wrote
at 2:17pm on October 17th, 2007
Actually Greg, AARC doesn't hold children against their will. In fact some kids can actually sign themselves in if they want to and parents can sign their children out at any time! Wow...I am sooo shocked your wrong again! ha ha"

"Tracy Hall-Hobbs wrote
at 7:36am on October 18th, 2007
Host homes are foster homes...except not at all..Im still not sure how you get this copmparison. The parents have all rights toward what thier children do before they turn 18."

"Tracy Hall-Hobbs wrote
at 1:47pm on October 18th, 2007
And Yes....parents can sign their children into a treatment centre (not a church - again just clarifying your idiocy) if they are under 18. That my friend is a law...and if parents are trying a last resort..why the fuck wouldnt they??"

"Steve Barton (University of Lethbridge) wrote
at 3:06pm on October 18th, 2007
its like saying all sleep overs were one child resides in a friends home over night or for a weekend constitute an illegal foster home or a youth hockey player that is hurt by his coach then the entire youth hockey system should be shut down."

"Steve Barton (University of Lethbridge) wrote
at 3:18pm on October 18th, 2007
Parents do have the right to make choices for there children even if the child is against these choices and they are perfectly with in there legal rights to get there child help for a drug and alcohol addiction which is what they are doing."

"Jason Tuer wrote
at 10:00pm on October 18th, 2007
As for AARC and it's illegal practices: Grey area.
...I think you would be interested to see transformations that have taken place at AARC. It is a thriving community, and proof of that is the continual growth and change through new ideologies and practices."

"Ben Goresky wrote
at 6:06pm on October 20th, 2007
Haha. Haraah! The AARC team just successfully silenced another person who "knows the real truth". Yet another success of AARC.
AARC Team - 1 / Greg - 0
"Right again Doc!"

"Josh Penner
12:42pm Oct 21st
I'll remind you again, we know who you are, so your safety blanket of a fake name and anonymity isn't a luxury you have any longer."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
Re: Words of Wisdom
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 12:14:02 PM »
Very amusing to see that Mr. Goresky has moved on from slavish devotion to All About Receiving Cash and the Leader to advocating the use of cannabis.  He still likes old-fashioned Frank Buchman step-craft and doesn't seem to question placing fifteen-year-olds into a therapeutic community that takes in thirty-year-old sex murderers.

https://www.evolvingman.ca/about-1/

https://omny.fm/shows/cbd-radio/004-ben-shelena

Now I don't mean to pick on Mr. Goresky.  He is a surivor of AARC, and he was traumatized and abused like every other person who went through the Wiz's Thought Reform process.  Here is a description of the experience in Goresky's own words:

"Come Junior High, I was getting expelled from multiple schools for defiance and general oppositional behaviour, and by the time I hit 13, I was addicted to escape and would do anything to change my inner world, mostly by the use of drugs and alcohol. I spent time in group homes and accumulated a few charges for theft, with threats of jail time. At age 15 I was admitted to a long-term rehab facility, against my will...
SO HERE I WAS, IN REHAB. 15 YEARS OLD WITH TONS OF SUPPRESSED PAIN, PRETENDING I HAD IT ALL FIGURED OUT.
Rehab wasn’t a smooth process, and I spent the first few months rebelling against the therapeutic process. I had a big ego, and was determined that I wasn't an addict like my brother. I eventually came to realize that I was the same as the other clients in treatment: lost, hurting, and itching to escape my pain. Slowly, I dug into my pain, and opened the floodgates. I experienced a full spiritual breakdown, and found my identity shattered. I had been living a lie to cover my pain. I surrendered to the recovery process and opened my mind."

AARC shatters the fifteen-year-old's identity and builds him a new one: lifelong sufferer of the brain disease "addiction".

So Dr. Goresky has got two kids with serious emotional and behavioural difficulties.  Ben describes his experience in the home thus:
"I grew up in a home full of turmoil and dysfunction.
On the outside, it may have looked like my family was normal, but behind the curtains there was constant fighting, negotiating, and behaviour management. Bullying and terrorism were everyday challenges for me, as my older brother's aggressive behaviour dominated the home."

Clearly, like all of AARC's amateur jails/Recovery Homes, an ideal setting into which AARC thrusts bewildered, traumatized Newcomers.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 03:17:50 PM by ajax13 »
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992