Author Topic: Teen Challenge  (Read 4431 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Teen Challenge
« on: January 21, 2008, 10:24:35 PM »
Don't know much about this place except that it's apparently everywhere....

Oh, and apparently they're linked to our good friends at the DFAF:

"Teen Challenge is the only group of programs endorsed by the Drug Free America Foundation (DFAF)."

Maybe this place could use a 'raid.'
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 10:42:24 PM by Froderik »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: Teen Challenge
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 10:28:58 AM »
My ex (a Straight vet) was sent there a couple years back vs. jail.  HEAVY on the religion and peer culture.  They send the inmates out to do 'volunteer' work....car detailing, house painting, odd jobs contracted through TC.  The money goes into TC.  They also get fairly large donations of goods and services.  Most of the goods end up taken by the employees, from what he said.  A ton of food and sundries, cd players and other smaller electronics.

Florida alone...

http://www.teenchallengeusa.com/locatio ... =9#results

This is where my ex went.

Bay Area Teen Challenge
1410 East Lake Road N.
Tarpon Springs, FL  34688
Phone: (727) 937-1033
Fax: (727) 934-6135    Email: www.teenchallenge.cc
Center Type: Adult Center (Induction/Training)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 10:47:08 AM »
I take it your ex was no longer a teen, but nonetheless he was sent to 'Teen' Challenge.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 11:23:44 AM »
Yeah, this was about 4 years or so ago.  They have them for all ages.  They've apparently gone global too.

http://globaltc.org/global_locations.html

Like I said...heavy on the religion.  Part of W's faith based crap.

http://www.teenchallengeusa.com/program.php

The Program

Teen Challenge programs have been developed to encourage the student to cope with everyday life issues. Students typically rise between 5:45 and 6:15am. Devotions, Bible Reading, and Chapels are essential elements of the program as well as discipleship training during an average day. Secondary education is provided in all adolescent programs.

There is generally very little free or unsupervised time as this has been found to be a hindrance to the successful progress of the student. Three healthy meals are provided throughout the day and students are provided a variety of work assignments to complete. This full day of activity normally ends between 10:00 and 10:30pm.

In the early phase of the program, several studies of the Teen Challenge curriculum, Group Studies for New Christians are taught. These cover many of the basic issues regarding discipleship, basic Christian living, and character development. Personal Studies for New Christians contracts may also be used to influence specific issues in the individual.

In the latter phase, students will be involved in more in-depth Bible study and issues basic to daily Christian living based on a Biblical worldview. The classes provide instruction on practical Christian living, intensive bible studies, and the responsibility of the Christian to the community.

Upon graduation, students are made aware of educational and ministry opportunities in their local community colleges and churches. Although pursuing higher education has obvious benefits for any individual, it is vital that the Church has a place for those in the after care process. Continuing involvement in the local church is critical to the on-going development of any believer, especially those who have come through the battleground of addiction.

Call today for more information 417-862-6969.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 11:40:51 PM »
Owned an operated by the Asemblies of God church.

Teen Challenge is a 12-15 month program ran by the Assemblies of God!  They have had complaints of physical, mental, and spiritual abuse, and have provided endless non-factual statistics about the success rate of  their program.  http://www.teenchallengeexposed.com/   Teen challenge incarcerates children for a year or more without due process and without the civil liberties afforded even to prisoners of war.
quot;It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.\"
                                        George Washington

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 05:42:19 PM »
:o must be raided......

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh me hearties.. let us go pillage the fundies!!!

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 12:05:41 AM »
seconding this.

Anyone wanna hit a place in jax with me or will I have to travel?
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Baby Cakes

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2008, 06:28:46 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Yeah, this was about 4 years or so ago.  They have them for all ages.  They've apparently gone global too.

http://globaltc.org/global_locations.html

Like I said...heavy on the religion.  Part of W's faith based crap.

Eeek. Are they born again? What does New Christian mean exactly? it really freaks me out when these places go global. And it sounds like they're just churning out missionaries.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 04:31:43 AM »
Anyone interested in putting some effort into creating some sort of informal think tank of sorts to collect information to use against TC?

Shouldn't be to hard.. lots of websites coming out against them these days.

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 01:03:03 AM »
Teen Challenge is a 12-15 month program ran by the Assemblies of God!  They have had complaints of physical, mental, and spiritual abuse, and have provided endless non-factual statistics about the success rate of  their program.  http://www.teenchallengeexposed.com/ 
quot;It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.\"
                                        George Washington

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 10:25:35 PM »
Quote from: "lorrispickelmire"
Teen Challenge is a 12-15 month program ran by the Assemblies of God!  They have had complaints of physical, mental, and spiritual abuse, and have provided endless non-factual statistics about the success rate of  their program.  http://www.teenchallengeexposed.com/   

Thanks for the link Lorri. I am going to send this link to a friend of mine who is an attorney that specializes in cases involving the seperation of church and state. I think he has won every case so far.

T
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2008, 10:54:04 AM »
just a tidbit of info...

When the ondcp came out with their annual report, so to speak, back in Dec, 07, you know, the one where they said drug use was down by blah blah %, ok, well...

George Bush hosted 2 kids from a rehab in the Oval Office, photo event, etc... you know, only open to the Semblerites of course, but either way, the programs that were represented by these 2 kids were:

Pathway Family Center (formerly STRAIGHT, Inc Michigan)

Teen Challenge

I spoke to Terri Nissley, CEO of Pathway Family Center, asking her why out of the thousands of programs for drug treatment in the US, why was a PFC 7th stepper kid chosen by Bush to be a guest. She said because they are the best. So, it might be a while till they get shut down. If you're going to protest, it should be often.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2008, 12:57:38 AM »
interesting.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 07:51:40 PM »
Teen challenge just opened up down the street from my house. . . . I posted "I brake for children fleeling abusive drug rehabs" bumpersticker on their vehicles.  Didn't last long, was taken off pretty soon.   Too bad; DFAF recommends them?  Then it must be a shit place to be!

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2008, 01:37:03 PM »
Quote from: "old man from st pete"
Teen challenge just opened up down the street from my house. . . . I posted "I brake for children fleeling abusive drug rehabs" bumpersticker on their vehicles.  Didn't last long, was taken off pretty soon.   Too bad; DFAF recommends them?  Then it must be a shit place to be!

;D

If we ever meet the first round of beers is on me. LOL!