Author Topic: Youth Liberation Foundation Bulletin  (Read 4234 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Youth Liberation Foundation Bulletin
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2008, 11:18:04 PM »
Who cares Zen?

I'm higher than shit right now.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2008, 01:29:07 AM »
Quote from: "pickles3"
Who cares Zen?

Well, yeah, but that's recreation, not an agenda!  Not on YLF, anyway.  I've emptied out a case of Reddi-Whip cans and I'm starting on gold spray paint.  I fail to see how it relates to teen programs, especially since I'm far beyond "troubled adolescent" status and have legal rights, dammit.

Who, what gets you high besides profiting from abusive programs and rolling naked in blood money? 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 01:38:42 AM by ZenAgent »
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2008, 01:45:14 AM »
Who cares Zen?

Oh come off it... On the entire week we were down at Benchmark I saw you have a grand total of like 3 beers and afaik you don't smoke pot either.  Stop scaring the parents.  You forget how clinically naive many of them are.  Some are liable to take you seriously.

Keep in mind just how...  different some parents are in their thinking.  I had a parent complain to me today (yes, this was a real parent) about the "I just" thread on the straight forum...  "Why are you letting these druggies talk about doing drugs!  kids can find this forum!"

Yes.  I'm sure the'll read RTP's posts about shooting up with oxy and say "gee, ma... I wanna do that tomorrow!"  IMO, being open and honest about what all drugs do is the best deterrent you can get.  Lie to kids, on the other hand, exaggerate to "protect them" and they're going to call everything you say on the subject bullshit and throw the baby out with the bath-water.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2008, 02:35:11 AM »
Fuck the parents™

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2008, 03:47:37 AM »
Quote from: "psy"
Who cares Zen?

Oh come off it... On the entire week we were down at Benchmark I saw you have a grand total of like 3 beers and afaik you don't smoke pot either.  Stop scaring the parents.  You forget how clinically naive many of them are.  Some are liable to take you seriously.

Keep in mind just how...  different some parents are in their thinking.  I had a parent complain to me today (yes, this was a real parent) about the "I just" thread on the straight forum...  "Why are you letting these druggies talk about doing drugs!  kids can find this forum!"

Yes.  I'm sure the'll read RTP's posts about shooting up with oxy and say "gee, ma... I wanna do that tomorrow!"  IMO, being open and honest about what all drugs do is the best deterrent you can get.  Lie to kids, on the other hand, exaggerate to "protect them" and they're going to call everything you say on the subject bullshit and throw the baby out with the bath-water.

Who said I'm high off weed? Remember... I'm not in the USA at the moment.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2008, 05:09:18 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Was there something specific that happened that led to this decision? Good job getting on getting it started. Are you still going to attend the protests?

It was sort of my intention to hand off the organization sooner or later. I've never been that comfortable being restrained by the exalted mantle of leadership. Sometimes I just want to hang my balls out like the rest of the hairy barbarians in this world.

yes I'll still be protesting and planning and leading them.

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2008, 05:42:10 AM »
I have no problem with there not being a leader as long as everyone in the YLF acts individually protesting, writing letters and staying involved in fighting these programs. Personally I work better this way and have never liked being in a group since being held captive in the program group. By working individually against a common enemy, we are in essence working together indirectly. Sharing of information here and there and surgical strikes seem to be the best approach, in my opinion. This allows for less angst between unshared ideas and more freedom for independent ideas. When an idea is shown to be very effective, this might be an insight for the rest of us. Political pressure and protests are essential to combat the programs. I am not entirely unhappy with what is happening here. I am interested in seeing where this goes.

Tony
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com

Offline The Fornits

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2008, 07:40:37 AM »
Quote from: "psy"
Who cares Zen?

Who said I'm high off weed? Remember... I'm not in the USA at the moment.

Be careful...

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2008, 08:37:24 PM »
No way... danger is my middle name.

Offline ~hurrikayne2

• View Profile
    • http://www.survivorsguidetotroubledteens.net
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2008, 11:31:49 PM »
Thank you Che for starting the ball rolling, and continuing to support and guide us as we make strides to educate America about the long term effects that programs/facilities have had on us.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 12:16:56 AM by ~hurrikayne2 »

Offline ~hurrikayne2

• View Profile
    • http://www.survivorsguidetotroubledteens.net
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2008, 12:59:28 AM »
We're looking for contributors to write articles for YLF, send me a message at [email protected] if you'd be interested.

Thank you,

~hurrikayne
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 12:18:19 AM by ~hurrikayne2 »