Author Topic: Why the silence here about Thayer????  (Read 13345 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Why the silence here about Thayer????
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2008, 02:35:00 PM »
watch Bootcamp on Youtube all eleven parts, all you parents considering sending your kids to them.   Makes you sick.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline firstresponder

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2008, 05:05:55 AM »
sorry for the intrushion but i had to say something. a spider bite can be deadly but a lot are not. HOWEVER as any one trained in a medical field you are tough to MONITOR it if you dont have the spider. you never know.

not knowing the circumstances behind the death i cant really say much from a medical stand point (can someone get me the medical files on it and i will take a look) but ANY ONE trained in medical knows with out a doubt that high temp AS WELL AS LOW TEMP will kill. there is no excuse for not knowing unless you only medical knowledge comes from a standard first aid class which you did not take the refresher on.(also the basic first aid covers spider bites and what to look for so again no excuse)

it is medical malpractice from what i can tell. unless they did not have ANY medical training. and than it is negligence to obtain medical help.
trained to save you ass not kiss it.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2008, 06:24:42 AM »
Click here for more information on: the death of Roberto Reyes

Also here: http://www.closethayerlearningcenter.com/
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline firstresponder

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2008, 06:43:50 AM »
just from the autopsy report i am mortified. ulcerating wounds on his body?? and they didnt get help WTF. he also had pulmonary edema?? come on that does not set in over night people. as well as recent hemorrhaging to subcutis  and dermis of the right arm.

well we know he was smoking pot prior to death.

medication that i can see (i am not a doctor folks so i am going on what i know) ibuprofen.

with all the wounds i would consider talking to the staff to see where they came from. (here again it is not up to the coroner to decide to do this it is up to LEO's to do that) just too dam many for my liking as EMS. especally if they are ulcerating.

the report does not conclusively say that it was the spider bite. which means that it could have caused the death not that it was the cause of death. looking at the report if it was a spider bite than good dying from pulmonary edema is a LOT worse. i hate to say it but he died painfully but not as painfully as he could have.

jesus this makes me sick.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2008, 06:52:01 AM »
Yeah.  The whole "spider bite" thing is bullshit.  It may have been the final straw, but it sure wasn't all of what killed him.  What's so messed up about so many of these deaths is not just that they happened, but how exactly they happened.
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline firstresponder

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2008, 07:23:45 AM »
also of note the brusing that the autopsy has noted is oval in shape. not for sure if you know but a fist can make that impression as well.   the broken clavicle come on that takes some force. and his mom would have noticed the EXTREMA pain he would have been in.  

shift report "so i gave him 1 arm pushups for the other arm."    NO thats not going to cause increased presser in blood flow that could make the puss uziing sore more likely to uzi more. im sorry if you dont allow swearing on the site but oh my fucking god. these people are fucking genesis

Blake Henriksen reported he and Dortothy Steele were "closely monitoring him"
if this is true that why on November 1, 2004 did he have to CRAWL SEVERAL FEET to get water???

november 3, 2004 temp of 94.1 at 0955 and at 1300 it was 94?? jesus christ red flags up the ass. i mean oh my god i would be kicked out of EMS if i did not transport for this. 94 i cant fucking believe this shit.

this is medical neglect if i have ever saw it.

he didnt die from a spider bite he did from stupidity of staff, lack of trained staff and a medical incompetent nurse.  

again this is my opinion but dam medical conditions dont take a freaking rocket scientist to figure "oh his temp is 94 something must be wrong."

now this is what gets me from the coroners report. 30 abrasions contusions and ulcerating wounds all over his body. any and i mean ANY ems or EMT will tell you that 5 is grounds to call CPS on possible child abuse but 30.

this was not child abuse this was fucking human torture. plane and simple.

i have to stop now  or i think i will die. will write more latter.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2008, 07:38:28 AM »
Quote from: "firstresponder"
im sorry if you dont allow swearing on the site but oh my fucking god. these people are fucking genesis
This site (unless explicitly labeled moderated forums) is completely unmoderated.  You are free to say whatever you like.  Sometimes it can get harsh, but it's the price to pay for the completely open free commerce of ideas.  Nobody is in a position to say what is ok to say and what isn't.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2008, 07:41:32 AM »
Quote from: "firstresponder"
i have to stop now  or i think i will die. will write more latter.

Yeah.  There are certain programs that are just pure 100% evil.  Thayer is one of them.

Offline firstresponder

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2008, 02:11:15 AM »
Quote from: "former cadet"
Mr. Reyes died from a spider bite, not from abuse. The people at thayer want nothing but the best for all cadets there, thats why its open, for troubled kids to find their way again. I think it would be nice if the people that posted things on here had actually been there in person and been through the program the right way and that they are still on the right track and not screwed up again, because there are alot of us who have made it.
you can email me if you'd like or see me in person
I MADE IT AND TLC HELPED ME!

from a medical stand point there is no conclusive evidence to support your clam that a spider bite caused the death. the autopsy report says it may have but with all the other wounds that were found on him as well as the internal injury's it is likely that it was a list of things that caused his death. IMO. i have not read all the reports yet but from what i have read it is much more than a spider bite. if you are so sure that it was a spider bite my question to you is this. what medical classes have you taken? how do you know on your own account that it was a spider bite or are you just going on what people are saying and not what the reports say?

if they care so much than why did he have 30 fucking wounds on his body? some ulcerating? and all they gave him was an ointment, band aid, and ibuprofen? this should have had a broad spectrum antibiotic. as well as a doctor visit. this kid was not faking it and the staff knew it. (see shift reports) dont listen to what the program tells you grow up and learn to read reports.

granted i may not have been in your program but i do know some medical stuff and from what i can see buddy your are plane ass wrong. this is not a caring program.

this is my fav "thats why its open, for troubled kids to find their way again." where to the freaking morgue?

i have a saying "how many must die for the troubled teens to survive?" the answer not one person. if these programs were so good no one and i mean NO ONE would die.

put your self in the parents shoes how would you feel if your child died due to neglect. wait never mind please dont procreate we dont need more people like you to dumb us down.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 04:00:07 AM by firstresponder »

Offline firstresponder

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2008, 02:26:45 AM »
also (again dont know much but can some one tell me how long he was in the program?)
his THC level in nanograms per milliliter was 15. this means he had a little pot in his system. so if he was in a program where did he get the pot? granted if he was in the program only for a few days (perhaps a week) that could explane it.

the level was 15 ng/ml found on page 8 of 9 on the autopsy report under the toxicology report.

also the cause of death was from complications from rhabdomyolysis. the following is what this is.

<pathology> The destruction of skeletal muscle cells. Often the result of electrical injury, alcoholism, injury (or laying in one position for an extended period of time), drug side effects or toxins.

so it could have been a number of things. since he was not able to move much that could have been a factor. but again there is no way to pinpoint what caused the death.

sorry for the medical rambling but when i can get reports about medical stuff about students i take a look and see what is there since some may not be able to understand what it says. it is sad that in this case it is an autopsy report but at least we can learn something from it about how negligent this program is. for any student who dies in a program i take extra care to go over the  records personally. i experienced a death while at TB and know that what the program says and what happened are 2 different things so i would like to give the student a voice of their own one last chance to scream the horrors that happened to them.