Author Topic: Same RMA?  (Read 3320 times)

Offline 10milerun

• View Profile
Same RMA?
« on: December 21, 2007, 05:46:15 PM »
I stumbled upon fornits recently and was sort of shocked that people had such a different experience at RMA than I did.  Or at least that it still has such a negative impact years later.   I spent a couple of hours may be more reading through the posts, experiences, thoughts etc (fornits is like crack). At first I thought to myself, did these people go to the same RMA as I did, WTF?  Not that any of the statements about what went on at RMA were any different than how I remember it (raps, staff, work detail, bans,FT, academics,etc) I just somehow came away with a different overall experience.

I think one of the main reasons is..

I was a decent size fuck-up prior to going to RMA.  To the point where I had been arrested a few times, the last time being serious enough that I was going to be sent to jh for a number of months.  During the process I spent a few days locked up and pretty much decided I'd do anything it took to avoid having to go back.  Well I decided that until I was back on the street;)  My parents ended on finding RMA, showed me all the literature, made me fill out the application, and made me talk to old Lon (who actually painted a picture that was fairly accurate) on the phone before they let me choose a)jh b)rma.  It was an easy choice.  May be not so easy once I arrived and the realization that there really wasn't an underground where I could get weed, drink, and get laid without getting caught. I think the fact that at some level I made the choice to go helped my over all experience.  I also felt like I always had the option to change my mind and go with option a if I wanted to.  Even at it's worst I never thought seriously about changing my mind.

I was at RMA in the era when S.R. still worked in the kitchen.  I had probably been there 4 months when he jumped up on the bar with a bunch of buckets of food and went absolutely fucking bat shit yelling at people about wasting food.  Blah blah blah I make this great food and you just
throw it away.  1) the food wasn't good 2) students for the most part made the food 3) you're going to have an aneurysm if you don't chill out you crazy self righteous hillbilly dickhead.  No matter, his performance as someone kids can respect (because they fear him) earned him a position directly managing kids.  Given some of the other staff members SR was more than qualified for his new job:/

By more qualified I mean more qualified than some of the most fucked up students that CEDU ever saw..  The threads about CW are so true. She is pretty much everything people have said about her, no doubt.  She drove me fucking nuts with all her mind games.. At least she was pleasant on the eye.  My hat goes off to the guy from Philly.

-10mile
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
Same RMA?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 05:51:26 PM »
Steve Rookey in the kitchen? That was pre 88' right?

Offline jjpinks

• View Profile
Same RMA?
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 09:58:18 PM »
fornits is like crack
:lol:  :rofl:

Damn if you didn't say a mouthfull there!!! lol

I found this place to be so addictive when I first found it (and still do! lol)
sorry, had to jump in there and add my $.02.
quot;Of course life is bizarre, the more bizarre it gets, the more interesting it is. The only way to approach it is to make yourself some popcorn and enjoy the show.\"

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don\'t always agree with them. - George Bush

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
Welcome Ten Miler
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 09:09:43 AM »
Your opinions are welcome. You had choices. That's a lot. I was Fourteen, and that place was way way wrong to treat me the same as you. It's exactly those kinds of issues that I find illuminating, and I think creates the mystical gap between those that "got something" good, or think they received a different take on their own experience, and those that fucking abhorred it. I especially resent the thought policing. That is one thing I will not forgive.
Ho! I am a forgiving and trusting man...and I think Steve R ran my summit!
LOL.
Married into the Wasserman's fam, you know 10 miler? He married Dana Wasserman in 1989 or so.
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
Same RMA?
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 09:32:27 AM »
Culinary mind control.

Sous chefiatrist

Short ordered emotions.

Steve Rookey is cooking up the dysfunction

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Same RMA?
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 09:45:30 AM »
nice tern of frase

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
Same RMA?
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 09:50:39 AM »
ham and anger sandwich

spicy disclosure rolls

thinking flavored tv dinners.

peanut butter omelettes.

herring and raspberry hot pockets.

yelly beans for dessert

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Same RMA?
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2007, 12:12:06 PM »
10mile: I am sure that we were there at the same time because SR was in charge of the kitchen when I was there, but later became a staff member after I had been there 6 months or so. I think I was in QUEST.

Offline bobbyfischer

• View Profile
Same RMA?
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 01:05:47 PM »
Quote from: ""dishdutyfugitive""
Steve Rookey in the kitchen? That was pre 88' right?

Everyone could hear Steve Rookey at RMA.  I think he had a weekly quota per how many students he would "blow away" in the middle of the chow hall.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Same RMA?
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 05:43:39 PM »
u guys need to shut the fuck up about my family.
my dad is steve rookey and my mom is dana wasserman.
she is no longer married to him.
SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 05:54:40 PM »
Give my deepest regards to Aunt Stacy.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 09:52:31 PM »
1) the food wasn't good

Whatwhatwhaaaat? When were you there? The food was one of the only things decent about that place. Sure, some meals were better than others, but no enriched flour (although I think that blts came on white bread, can't remember), honey instead of sugar, no processed food (with the exception of boxed cereal on saturdays), and everything was made from scratch.

The only thing I could complain about was that there was way too many starches, dairy and carbs, and not enough meat and veggies to balance it out. I think I shit about every five days.

Of course, once I got in upper school, the only thing I bought for myself from the pink lion was all of that horrible, processed sugary unhealthy shit. Methinks that teenagers just aren't meant to eat healthy.

Which is why this country is full of fat, lazy fucks who sit on their ass and play world of warcraft.