Author Topic: Roloffs  (Read 59591 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Roloffs
« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2008, 08:05:12 PM »
I finally made it through all of your posts. Everything about the Roloff homes that I have read here and elsewhere is almost identical to the Hephzibah House in Warsaw, IN where I was imprisoned for a little over 2 years. A few girls seem to remember the guy who runs HH, Pastor Ronald E Williams, being somehow associated with Roloff. I am trying to find the affiliation but, as we all know, the internet didn't exist 50 years ago so I'm having trouble. If anyone knows of any information that would be of use to me please email me at https://www.blogger.com/blogin.g?blogsp ... pot.com%2F . Unfortunately, we had to make it private due to harrassment and so you will have to ask to join if you want to read the blogs or talk to the girls on there. We have been disgussing the Roloff homes quite a bit lately. I hope to see a few of you on there.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2008, 09:02:33 PM »
I may know someone who could find that out...not entirely certain.  Give me a couple of days to look into it please.

Thx
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2008, 10:14:56 PM »
Thanks. Although I have talked to some accountable people tonight and I now do not believe there to be an affiliation between Ron Williams and Lester Roloff other than a fondness for one another in their belief systems. You guys have a great site here and Lorri has done a fantastic job with her research. I have passed several links and tidbits on to the Hephzibah House site. I think the most profound thing I read on here was when Lorri said that it often takes decades for survivors to come forward which seems to be the case with HH survivors as well. Do you all find it's easier to remember the first half of your time at the Roloff homes than it is the second half of your incarceration due to having to conform? I remember a lot more about the first year I was at HH than the second half when I learned to conform and had my head up their asses trying to kiss it from the inside out. I was a mindless (and headless) zombie. LOL. The stories are all similar and familiar on not only this site and Hephzibah House's site but all the survivor sites I've been watching and researching. I think if we got several survivor sites together and combined them and made a roar or wrote a book filled with stories then maybe...just MAYBE....someone might finally realize the shit that is going on behind these doors in the name of religion.

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2008, 11:27:39 PM »
Well, transferred, there's a lot of stuff that a vast number of us, specifically from Roloff's do NOT remember.  There's really nothing more I can add regarding that.  Connecting with people that have been there tends to help recover the memories...but not everything.  Seems like the only time everything is clear is left to the nightmares.
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2009, 10:31:19 AM »
lorrie's stories are true. my name is eric sharman. i soent 2 1/2 years in the anchor home for boys. i personally have no bad words against lester. his staff i have many things. lock-up, paddlings, denial of food, mental abuse, physical abuse, oh yea and dont forget about children that disappeared never to be heard from again. how do i know this. i was a throw away child. so anchor was my home away from home. i even answered the phone while working in the "front office" when i parent called for their monthly phone call. i wish i could have seen their faces when i told them he was sent home a few weeks prior, AND THE PARENTS HAD NO IDEA WHERE THEIR CHILD IS EVEN TO THIS DAY!!!!!! names forget it. those names will forever be burned in my mind. maybe on my deathbed will i reveal.

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2009, 11:41:37 PM »
Hey hoof!  How you doing?

Offline 1ofBro.Roloff'sgirls

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2009, 01:44:02 PM »
I accidentally ran across this web site today,I'm 47 years old,when I was 15 I lived at Rebekah girls home,ran by Bro.Roloff,not willingly the first few months.The different statements concerning their "brainwashing",the way they"seperated"us from the world,is ALLTRUE, but,now that I look back they had to.To teach us a NEW way to think and live,to train ourselves in different ways to live other than rebellion,drugs,sex,dropping out of school........Bro.Roloff and his facility saved my life,when I did't talk to my family for30daysand only 3 day visit every 6mths. Now that this is some decades later,my dad loved me, I needed what Rebekah taught me. I have a child now that I feel the BRAINWASHING could help,I know what it did for me.People willtell you that,I'm not perfect,but I have a good moral compus,that comes from my days spent in Corpus Christi,TX.[many years ago] Thanks for your time

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2009, 02:22:54 PM »
Thanks for your input, I think the main difference in experiences, however, is those that followed him, ran things MUCH differently.  It was a tough environment when he ran things, possibly bordering on abuse.  It was definitely abusive after he was gone.

Offline Guest5432

• View Profile
New Bethany Home for Girls, Arcadia, Louisiana
« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2009, 07:46:58 PM »
Quote from: "lorrispickelmire"
Casa by the Sea (ran by Mike Palmer)  New Bethany girls home is closed. It was run by the Fords.
25. New Bethany Home for Girls - Shreveport Louisiana

New Bethany Home for Girls, aka New Bethany Church, was not owned or run by Roloff or his minions.
Mack and Thelma Ford owned and ran New Bethany (nb), located in Arcadia, Louisiana.  
Mack Ford is a pedophile, and groups have formed to assist survivors of nb.

Mack and Roloff had similar beliefs and it seems that one of the times the Roloff home (Rebekah?) was closed, the girls were sent to nb in Arcadia, Louisiana.

I was at nb from '76 - '77. Some will admit that sexual abuse was an issue, others will deny the possibility [can't fix stupid].  I was contacted in 1998 by the DA or ADA in Shreveport and asked if I would testify against Mack Ford. I was more than willing but whatever the state of LA was trying to do must have been dropped.

Mack and Thelma Ford still live on the property in Arcadia.  
Mack is trying to sell the property for a sweet 2 M and the dumbass thinks he gets to pocket the money!

When a girl made an allegation of physical or sexual abuse, after a good beating and days and weeks of absolute silence, some would change their story.

We all have such great memories!~ NOT!~

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2009, 10:05:40 PM »
My beloved sister, thank you for your honesty and for being open minded enough to se the reality. Watch for Douglas 73 to 74 on this forum.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2009, 11:36:48 PM »
Douglas 73/74, Anchor Home

These are the facts: These facts will upset many of you. Each of us in a certain age group, were placed in the girls/boys home via court order, or otherwise, to be taught the morals that we were lacking. Of course contact with family was not permited for a time, in order that we might ajust. Mail was censored for several or various reasons, ie escape plans, foul language, etc. Unwed mothers agreed that their child would be adopted, babies were not sold as atheiest.com implied. The trouble with the state of Texas began in 73. I know, I WAS THERE! I had escaped with two others, we were caught and returned. And given some licks as punishment. Days later, One of us three decided to escape again. I advised against it, due to all the rattle snakes and dangers of the desert area for this young man was not the rugged type. However, he insisted.
I reported him and having no other way to confine him, one wrist was cuffed to his headboard. He escaped that night, headboard and all. Broke the headboard and when caught, still had the headboard post cuffed to his wrist. He reported abuse and tainted food ( blackeyed pea sprouts, he called maggots ). The abuse was the seven or eight licks he got for running away. He clearly and grossly exagerated the facts because of the attention he was getting. We were swarmed with news media and DHR. Nearly all 70 boys freely stated that there was no abuse or bad food, etc. The superviser had told us to speak freely and honestly.
However DHR would not relent, for they like control and have never agreed with separation of church and state. When they failed to get the results they were after, they swarmed Lester's Home/ The Rebecca, with their unfounded abuse stories. And of course they found young people, like many of you were, who were bitter because their freedom had been taken away by the courts/parents, etc, who thought that getting their butt paddled was abuse. And who thought they were abused because there was no tv garbage for them to watch, and couldn't have all the junk food they wanted, who didn't want to learn about God and his love them. But rather do what they wanted, when they wanted, which is why they were there in the first place. These type youngsters made easy targets and were willing to say anything in hopes that they might get to go back home. I can not say that there was no abuse what so ever, but I will say this to whoever you are, that you lie, when you say that Lester and his wife abused you.
And to the man who claims that he worked in the office of the Anchor Home, I say may God have mercy on your lying soul. How dare you imply that boys were taken away, never to be heard from again. The only boys removed were the undesired homosexuals who were foumd out and placed in State Homes.
As a young man, I needed help for I was rebelious and loved my freedom as much as any of you. I had commited crimes and my attorney, Mark Turner, ( if his daughter is reading this, I say hello again ) ask the court to place me in the Anchor Home six month program, rather than stick me in a state home for two years. And I thank God he did!! At first, I hated it as you already know. But as I began to exercise some maturity, I could clearly see that the vast majority of these people were trying to teach me the true menaing of right and wrong. NOT brainwashing me. I too learned the books of the bible and moved on to bigger learnings,until I was able to embrace the fact that I was loved and cherished by God. For those of you who claim abuse, that call yourselves survivors, I knew Lester and came to love him and ALL he stood for. It is my belief that the vast majority of you refused the teaching that was offered and now have spent your petty lives spreading slanderous and vicious stories of a great and godly man. If any truely were abused, my heart goes out to you and I pray that the Lord severly punish all of you who have lied about your Roloff Home experience.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 05, 2009, 12:34:31 AM »
What an amazing spew of sick shit.

My all-powerful imaginary friends can beat up your all-powerful imaginary friends.

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2009, 03:36:16 AM »
Dear [email protected]

In fact you confirmed the abuse.

First corporal punishment. It doesn't work. It teaches violence.

Second the handcuffs. The only facility that should be allowed to use handcuffs is prisons for juvies. They dont belong in a TBS, RTC or a group home.

Third censorship of letters. If parents have decided to place their child out of home, they should at least be able to handle whatever text their child can write. Also in most states laws forbid to restrict communication between parent and child. In Kansas Meadowlark Academy got a warning for doing that.

If the kids were placed at the facility by the court system, then of course the police should be called if they tries to leave, but that was often not the case and if parents wants to place their child outside home, they should involve the social services. Often a problem child represent the result of some domestic problems back home. Problems which could be solved at home with the right kind of help.

Here in Denmark we have a phoneline where kids can call in and report problems at home. It is often 7 to 10 years old complaining about heavily drinking by their own parents. If such problems remain unadressed then you get so-called troubled teenagers. Sweden is a country in the process of outlawing bullying in school. If a child has been bullied this family can sue the school if they have not taken action. Bullying causes illness. Research shows that.

I dont know how things were at home and what kind of actions which lead you to the Anchor Home. All I know is that we have discovered that fosterhomes and out-of-the-city placements are too expensive and produce too poor results compared with building a boarding school next to a public school, where kids who needs structure can live while going to school where they did go before, so they don't loose contact with their peers and the community can show each child that if you break the law, you end up in the boarding section. Has anyone calculated on the cost of having kids in juvies, TBS's, wilderness etc? They did it in Pahrump - Nevada.

Anchor Home was a place where abuse did go on. No question about that. That's why the state of Texas went after them.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 07:16:23 AM by Oscar »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2009, 01:02:39 PM »
Having had a step-dad, I know what real abuse is. It sounds to me like most of you just got a paddling that you didn't like. When the Anchor temp. closed in 74,  I was the only boy left there. I went to the Valley with Homer and Harmon, where we lived for a time. I was later released into Tracy's custody. We lived and worked together for nearly a year until I was of legal age, therefore I know these men up close and personal. I hearby throw down the gauntlet and challenge anyone to tell me how they were abused by these persons'.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 07, 2009, 09:40:44 AM »
god dude yer an idiot. i saw children beaten with belts, paddled and the precious bible they held so "dearly". i personally was placed in lock up for 3 days in the month of july with no food or drink (i drank the water from the toilet tank). i saw grown men teach children how to get away with raping other children(robert plath was the teacher). i know of 2 anchor boys that were" sent home" to only find out by those 2 boys parents that they never got home nor did their parents have any idea or knowledge of their kid being sent home. i knew the roloff family. lester never abused us when i was in his homes, he was just an old man. maybe i should discuss how i was thrown against a wall by my throat by a staff member named greg blood, why was i attacked you ask, cuz i didnt wake up fast enough. he yanked me out of bed and picked me up by my throat and slammed me up agaiasnt a cinderblock wall. i was in anchortraz from 82 to 85 in corpus christi. let me guess when you were there you spent most of yer time at the canal fishing. oh yes the canal where lighthouse men showed anchor boys what the words "prison rape" meant. i was at the canal once. i didnt even get to spend the nite there. i almost took out my potential rapists eye out with a fishing rod. so yes you are so right there was NEVER ANY KIND OF ABUSE IN THE HOMES. IT WAS LIKE BAND CAMP. i personally want to thank a few of the farm families for their part in keeping me safe and sane. the rest can kiss my ass and a few should consider themselves lucky that i didnt have the resources to find them 10 or 15 years ago. greg blood i hope i still find yer ass!!!!!!