Author Topic: Roloffs  (Read 59599 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Two more up for evaluation
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2008, 03:28:18 PM »
Abounding Grace School for Boys

Beulah Mountain Christian Academy

Can they be put in the category of Independent Roloff based facilities

The founders may have been working with Roloff related people before. Unfortunately I have not been able to locate either past "students" or where the staff worked before they founded these places.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
Roloffs
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2008, 04:09:06 PM »
If you have names of directors/workers/administrators, we can ask other contacts and see if anyone recognizes them as being affiliated...
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The directors
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2008, 06:14:49 PM »
Beulah Mountain Christian Academy:
Director Bernie Shaw (age 66 today), son Jeff (age 38 today).

Abounding Grace School for Boys:
Lucinda and Stanley Mitchell

Offline umm.mickey

• View Profile
Roloffs
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2008, 11:22:12 AM »
i have read through the posts in this thread as well as others on this board.  i cannot find a definitive answer regarding the pace or jay florida "new beginnings" school for girls.

is it still being operated??

thanks in advance

mick

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
Re: Roloffs wiki researcher
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2008, 01:10:24 AM »
Hey, ABM does not have a staff list, but when you dig in the actual name they give you for the school is Lighthouse Christian Academy, and this name or very similar is being used at homes in two other Roloff associated facilities.  Formerly VCA in Jay FL and New Beginnings old facility in Pace FL.  The website is very closed about who is at the helm though I did copy and download their erollment documents which I intend to compare to Mt. Parks enrollment documents to see what the similarities are.  I am working on the revised list of Roloff Homes, will post it for you soon seeing that we are now over 40 confirmed.
quot;It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.\"
                                        George Washington

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
Re: Roloffs
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2008, 12:30:56 AM »
When you call the phone number on the old Mt. Park enrollment forms you get, "ABM so and so speaking how may I help you?"  If they changed ownership wouldn't they have changed phone numbers?  I think they are just stearing away from the term corporal punishment.  Do they use the term biblical dicipline, because it is exactly the same thing.
quot;It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.\"
                                        George Washington

Offline crazymom_of8

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2008, 04:35:04 PM »
Looking for any info or feedback on New Beginnings Girls Academy in LaRussell, MO.  Thanks

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2008, 07:19:35 PM »
Quote from: "crazymom_of8"
Looking for any info or feedback on New Beginnings Girls Academy in LaRussell, MO.  Thanks
It was closed down in Florida, AFAIK, before it re-opened in MO.

There seems to be some info on Isaccorp about it:

http://www.isaccorp.org/documentsnz.asp#newbeginnings

Personally, I'd avoid an organization with a reputation like that like the plague.

For more information you could try searching for "new beginnings" (in quotes) in the search box above and see what you come up with.  You also might want to ask about this in this forum here.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2008, 04:01:49 PM »
We have been trying to find further info but a lot of their links are not working and it have been a full year since they moved. Not even the link for visitation is working. Something is just not right with this program. Here is our research page with info so far.

http://http://www.secretprisonsforteens.dk/fornitswiki/index.php/New_Beginnings_Girls_Academy

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2008, 07:30:00 PM »
I was able to find a cached version of their webpage.

While viewing this cached version, I noticed the following items, which are serious red flags:

1. Accelerated Christian Education is the program used.  These are workbooks, not textbooks; students will read about experiments, not conduct them; there is not any actual "teaching" that goes on.  Cheating on tests is ridiculously simple, and should the student "graduate" and end up with a diploma, it is worthless.  Colleges across the country will require a GED in addition to your ACE diploma.

2.  More to come later.....(sorry, need to leave)
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2008, 10:27:18 PM »
I'm having difficulties editing posts...so here are the rest of the red flags I noticed on the cached version of "New Beginnings" website.

2.  "When a girl arrives at New Beginnings, she will wait 30 days from the date of enrollment to receive a phone call from her family. After the first call, she may receive a 15 minute phone call every two weeks. No phone call will be accepted for the student from anyone who is not a parent/legal guardian."  The program isolates the girl from her family and all other outside contacts.  If she cannot talk to you, she cannot make legitimate complaints against the treatment she is receiving.  If she cannot speak to anyone else that is not a parent or legal guardian at this time, she cannot report abuse or mistreatment.  Think about this, parents who divorce/separate even in cases where one parent is deemed unfit, often are granted the right to speak to their children sooner than 30 days.  Why shouldn't you, as a fit parent who is voluntarily placing your child in a program, have the right to speak with her?  

3.  "After six months of stay at New Beginnings, a student is granted a 3 day, 2 night visit with her family. During this time, she may not leave the state of Missouri; and attendance to ALL church services is required."  For families who live out of state, this rule doesn't initially have much of an impact, but suppose you live within the state...close to the facility...YOU CANNOT SEE YOUR CHILD FOR SIX MONTHS.  Let us go back to the "unfit" parent theory...often the courts will grant supervised visits to an unfit parent, and certainly more often than every six months.  While you're unable to see her, you are also unable to see the transformation of your child from the shock of isolation not only from her lifestyle, but from EVERYONE she cares about; the next stage is hurt and anger not only towards those who placed her in this situation (even if she was part of the decision), but also towards those around her that are holding her there; after hurt & anger, one of two stages is evident (but not to you, you still can't see her) either she will be highly defiant and resist the program, or she will lay low and avoid conflict and problems with others; the final stage is resolution, typically at this point she will resign herself to her fate, that there is no hope of getting out before her time is up.  She'll be counting the days until her year is up.

4.  Staff/Educators/Owners/Administrators:  Nowhere do they indicate qualifications, credentials, teaching background, or where they graduated. Most schools, even primary schools, will provide the basic credentials of their staff.  If they do not, then check with the board of education, you very likely won't find any of their names. They aren't teachers, they aren't psychologists, psychiatrists, or medically trained. You'll shell out a lot of money, and still have to help her get a GED, and possibly a therapist.

That's all I have the energy for.  G'night.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2008, 01:17:41 AM »
At the risk of sounding like a Johnny-Come-Lately butting into a conversation, Hurrikayne's previous two posts call to mind the following:

From: Encyclopedia of Sociology Volume 1, Macmillan Publishing Company, New York. Excerpt by Richard J. Ofshe, Ph.D.
http://www.rickross.com/reference/brain ... hing8.html

Coercive Persuasion and Attitude Change

Coercive persuasion and thought reform are alternate names for programs of social influence capable of producing substantial behavior and attitude change through the use of coercive tactics, persuasion, and/or interpersonal and group-based influence manipulations (Schein 1961; Lifton 1961). Such programs have also been labeled "brainwashing" (Hunter 1951), a term more often used in the media than in scientific literature. However identified, these programs are distinguishable from other elaborate attempts to influence behavior and attitudes, to socialize, and to accomplish social control. Their distinguishing features are their totalistic qualities (Lifton 1961), the types of influence procedures they employ, and the organization of these procedures into three distinctive subphases of the overall process (Schein 1961; Ofshe and Singer 1986). The key factors that distinguish coercive persuasion from other training and socialization schemes are:

1. The reliance on intense interpersonal and psychological attack to destabilize an individual's sense of self to promote compliance

2. The use of an organized peer group

3. Applying interpersonal pressure to promote conformity

4. The manipulation of the totality of the person's social environment to stabilize behavior once modified
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2008, 07:20:14 PM »
Please don't feel like you're butting in.  Saving kids & educating parents as to what goes on based on our own firsthand knowledge is but one way.  Shedding light on the practices used by programs, from other sources, including professional findings, is just as important.  

Thanks for sharing this.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2008, 09:55:25 PM »
The other home that was in NC was Harvest School for girls and if I recall correctly near Statesville. I am not sure if it is still going but it was not a great place for girls and It was part of Bro. Roloff's Ran by Kathy and her hubby and 3 daughters and at this time I can not recall there last name. That was 9 months of hell/ brain washing and abuse like there is no tomorrow. I will write later . I am off to bed.

angel

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2008, 04:21:13 PM »
I am a survivor of Hephzibah House in Warsaw, Indiana and it has been rumored that Ronald Williams who owns and runs HH is linked back to Lestor Roloff in Texas before coming to Indiana to open his house of horrors. Does anyone here know who Pastor Ronald Williams is or have any memories of him or proof of his affiliation with L Roloff? You can contact me [email protected] if you prefer.