Author Topic: Roloffs  (Read 59572 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Roloffs
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2007, 06:38:53 PM »
Are the Rollof homes run on a franchise system or are they wholly owned by Lester "The Molestor" Rollof himself?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
franchise system or what?
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2007, 10:42:32 PM »
Quote from: ""Che Gookin""
Are the Rollof homes run on a franchise system or are they wholly owned by Lester "The Molestor" Rollof himself?

Lester himself is quite dead.  Those running homes modeled after his example are "carrying on his 'good' work."  I'm guessing the profits are winding up in individual director's bank accounts, but that IS purely speculation.

Yes Lorrie, there's no "light's out" policy here for anyone over the age of 14, thank you very much.  :P  And even if there was, I have a very cool keyboard that lights up from underneath illuminating the letters.  I don't typically look at the keys when I type, but I do when I'm drunk, and sometimes I still mess up anyway, but it is very cool.  :)
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Roloffs
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2007, 01:42:06 AM »
Did either of you experience any abuse from Lester himself?

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
Roloff Abuse
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2007, 07:51:46 PM »
No, Roloff was dead by the time we were there, but I was abused directly by Faye Cameron who is the wife of Roloffs predocessor.  She was found guilty of abuse later, and is not allowed to ever work with juveniles in the state of Texas ever again.
quot;It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.\"
                                        George Washington

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
Roloff abuse...
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2007, 07:53:08 PM »
I do however have friends who were physically abused by both Roloff and his wife.
quot;It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.\"
                                        George Washington

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Roloffs
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2007, 01:49:17 AM »

I believe 5 homes have a direct relationship with the "peoples baptist church", but many others are related in a more indirect way. Workers from one home will go and start one of their own that's run in the same roloffian way. I would say the current wwasps model fits the roloff homes organizational style.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Roloffs
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2007, 05:42:14 AM »
Quote from: ""hanzomon4""

I believe 5 homes have a direct relationship with the "peoples baptist church", but many others are related in a more indirect way. Workers from one home will go and start one of their own that's run in the same roloffian way. I would say the current wwasps model fits the roloff homes organizational style.

That is encouraging.... Not..

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
Who owns What
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2007, 10:06:36 PM »
The original 7 homes were owned by Roloff Evangelistic Enterprises ( a not for profit organization), but then workers started getting in trouble and they would go off and start there own Roloffian shitpit.  Michael Palmer of WWASPS renoun is a former Roloff worker.  These programs seem to be inbreeding which suprises me because one is Fundamentalist Baptist and the other is predominantly Mormon, and the Baptists think the Mormons are a cult. LOL "Oh Pooottttttttttt calling Ketttttttttle!"  These people are enemies, yet maybe not, maybe child abuse trumps God.
                                        George Washington

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Roloffs
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2007, 06:08:19 AM »
Ok.. Out of sheer curiousity can anyone who went to a Roloff home give a clear example of how religion was used to justify child abuse to the child and parent?

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
How was religions used to justify abuse...
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2007, 10:17:42 PM »
Ok.. Out of sheer curiousity can anyone who went to a Roloff home give a clear example of how religion was used to justify child abuse to the child and parent?
 Oh, that's easy.  The Bible says to spare the rod will spoil the child, and other such scriptures that when taken out of context, warped minds can twist and use for evil intents.
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Roloffs
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2007, 10:19:49 PM »
But that wasn't the question...

DID any of these "chaps" abuse you.. then use the bible to justify it?

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
The question...
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2007, 10:22:24 PM »
But that wasn't the question...

DID any of these "chaps" abuse you.. then use the bible to justify it?

Yes, and yees again.  I actually thought that was blatantly evident...

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
Abuse disguised as Religion?
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2007, 10:37:02 PM »
Lets see, they beat you with a wooden paddle and tell you they are doing it because God told them via scripture that they were supposed to, then they stand you up infront of the church congregation and are made to give testimony about how the dicipline/abuse they are lavishing on you is saving you from your life.  I was afraid at times they were going to save me from my life clear to death.  And at my funeral the faithful followers would have said, "lucky girl they saved her from her past."
                                        George Washington

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
Glad you're back Hurrikayne!
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2007, 10:39:20 PM »
Can I get an Amen?
                                        George Washington

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
Can you get an Amen?
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2007, 11:08:53 PM »
Yeah, AMEN.

Evidently Che missed my post about lock up, the room with only a mattress and sermons getting pumped in while you whiled your days away without a shower, & few bathroom breaks.  Possibly he also missed the one about scrubbing floors on hands & knees for hours.  Have I not mentioned that the doors were locked, there were alarms on the windows?  We weren't allowed to see our families for 6 months or more.  Our phone calls were monitored, letters were monitored.  We couldn't discuss our past, couldn't watch television, read anything other than schoolowork (which was a waste of time BEFORE getting the worthless diploma, we weren't allowed to talk to anyone not in the particular program we were in.  We were isolated from society, had sermons blasted at us morning an night.  

Granted, not all of the above is physical abuse, some of it is spiritual, and some emotional...but abuse nonetheless.