Author Topic: In Loving Memory  (Read 45404 times)

Offline velvet2000

• View Profile
In Loving Memory
« on: November 22, 2007, 03:41:01 PM »
The following is a list of former members of AARC who have taken their lives. Feel free to share memories of these lost lives here. Please share with us if you have any information on their relation to AARC or the reasoning behind their deaths.

Brian Neal (Brian was a client in Kids of North Jersey and later worked as staff in AARC. He reportedly broke into AARC before taking his life).

Andrew Mazur (Former Client)

Devon Newson (Former Client)

William LeBaron? (Graduate. Known best as "Steve" LeBeraon)

If there are any other AARC related deaths I am unaware of, please post them here with links (obituaries, news articles) if possible.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Cougar_Sean

• View Profile
I don't know if it is appropriate
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 05:10:36 AM »
I also want to add two names from kids of greater salt lake.   both were treated by the illustrious mr. vause,  phys ed guru.    

Shad Farmer,   and Ryan Karen.    

I add their names here only out of respect of them and their families.    
they both endured   abuses in new jersey and salt  lake that they never deserved.   I don't know the particulars,  I only know that I understand, and I miss two of the people that I grew to love in kids of bergen county.

Offline Cougar_Sean

• View Profile
sorry
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 06:00:36 AM »
sorry,  I forgot to include brian neal in my eulogy.   I      knew him  welll in new jersey,    he was a kind  hearted sensitivive individual.    maybe  his brother kevin, or his parents could provide more insight than I can.

I do not  have the words to express my distress in learning that he took his own life.    

what a tradgedy.   I would like kevin or the parents to pm ,     me

I"m  so     sorry

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: In Loving Memory
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 01:48:14 PM »
There are countless lives taken from all the programs. Straight has a LONG list. Wrongful death suit seems appropriate.
I have a question though does anyone know a survivor has that has taken their life years after leaving. Such as being out lets say 20 years later or something. If so, does anyone know how many? Does anyone know the most recent. I know the memories haunt us all for years if not a lifetime. I have a reason for asking and I don't mean to be depressing or inappropriate. Rumour has it there has been many in their 30s or 40s that have taken their life as a direct result of the endless torment the programs create throughout life. I also heard that several did recently.

May you all rest in peace now, no longer plagued by the brainwashing, night terrors and hatred that even time can not subside. To those fallen survivors may we always remember you and remember that the worst nightmare of those that tortured us is for us to work as a team, no longer to tormet each other. No longer to be afraid of control or lack there of, to longer buy into their tactic of divide and conquer. To all of those that engaged in destroying us the worst that could happen to them is for all of us to show real love and concern for each other not the sick , confrontational love they tried to drill in us, to work together as one not be divided over things that do not reflect justice for all of our fallen friends. Ginger is right that we are and were a victim of war. A bond (ask any vet) that can not be broken by anything. A bond that would mean we have, and did and would continue to give our life and our love for another survivor.
That is our enemys worst nightmare.

Offline iamartsy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 02:06:54 PM »
Well put. I know we lost a few post PDAP in the 80s in 90s. I would be afraid to know how many from my crew. I am sure it is a lot. I left in 1986. So many were bipolar or schizophrenic and they ended up being suicides. I wonder what would have happened had they gotten the right treatment.Thank you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 01:09:14 AM »
Thank you for this post.  As a veteran of Desert Storm and of Str8, I truly believe that the casualties of the so-called 'war on drugs' represents a true, ongoing, and unacknowledged national tragedy.  I would also like to acknowledge the untold numbers who have attempted to end their suffering, and have survived only to continue to be haunted with the seemingly fruitless task of reconciling the past, and continue in the struggle to find meaning, purpose, joy, and love in a world so full of conflict and hate.  May we send our love, in spirit, to one another - all of us who have been so deeply hurt, knowing that we are not alone in this struggle.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 11:44:01 AM »
Brent Gettis- AARC RIP

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 12:43:07 PM »
I've never heard of Brent. I'm sorry to hear.

What happened to him? He was never mentioned at AARC.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 06:33:11 PM »
I knew both Brian and Andrew.

I was saddened to hear of both of their deaths.

It just goes to show the abuse that Dean invokes on people - they can't even live their lives properly outside of treatment.

I believe Andrew's parents filed a lawsuit against AARC upon his death - I personally feel they did more damage to him than they did any good, he had a very serious mental illness and he still had delusions inside the center while being treated and they just ignored it.

It's very sad...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 06:39:01 PM »
Quote from: "Guest44431444"

I believe Andrew's parents filed a lawsuit against AARC upon his death - I personally feel they did more damage to him than they did any good, he had a very serious mental illness and he still had delusions inside the center while being treated and they just ignored it.

It's very sad...

I spoke out of turn here, it was another former client I was thinking of - so I do apologize about speaking out on Andrew, but yes Brian was a great person...

The person I speak of was committed to an institution after he left AARC...

Offline anonAARCgrad

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 03:56:03 PM »

It's very sad...

I spoke out of turn here, it was another former client I was thinking of - so I do apologize about speaking out on Andrew, but yes Brian was a great person...

The person I speak of was committed to an institution after he left AARC...

Anthony C. ?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 12:38:35 PM »
Yes, thanks for the correction.

Last I heard was that his Mother and Father were in Victoria and Anthony has been committed unfortunatley.

I was in with Anthony and he was a great source of inspiration but his demons were to big and he needed help that AARC could not give him.

Guest44431444

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 02:50:43 PM »
Unfortunately we found it necessary to create a victims page for Canada. We will document the deaths from Kids and update the US page.

Offline anonAARCgrad

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 12:36:21 PM »
Yes, thanks for the correction.

Last I heard was that his Mother and Father were in Victoria and Anthony has been committed unfortunatley.

I was in with Anthony and he was a great source of inspiration but his demons were to big and he needed help that AARC could not give him.

Guest44431444

I also knew Anthony. I must know you too. Haven't heard where the family is at.

Offline Guest44431444

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 02:28:14 PM »
I was a pretty forgettable person - but not so much that Dean banned me from the center.

Also - not quite a RIP, but John (last name has left me - native Indian - parents were rather big supporters and he had a younger sister) was convicted of first degree murder in the death of his Grandmother.

Guest44431444