Author Topic: $$ Wes and Friends $$ - BLOW ME  (Read 2363 times)

Offline mithygato

• View Profile
    • http://mithygato@aol.com
$$ Wes and Friends $$ - BLOW ME
« on: June 21, 2003, 04:07:00 PM »
. . . there I was in County Sligo, Ireland.  This is Yeats country - teeming with tranquil lakes, hallucinogenically green, I was staying in a castle/hotel.  I should have been having the time of my life, but no.  I was alive with hatred.  Hatred for the hotel owner, a pear-shaped little snot in an ascot whose family, he swore, had owned the property since the actual dawn of time.  But even more I hated all the rich morons swarming through this fucking castle.

They were pathetic.  They all wore these tweedy, self-conscious little outfits, they all moved in that studied way of people who fancy themselves as elegant, they had greedy little eyes and chinless little faces, they talked with loud, self-important brays, their noses were perpetually out of joint and giant logs were shoved up their butts.  They exuded the stench of entitlement.

"The thing is," I said to my friend, "they actually believe they're better than everyone else.  And they're thrilled about it."

"I want to take my penis out right now," my friend whispered, "just casually flip it out."  He was doing a magazine piece about several places like this and invited me along and here we were, sitting in a drawing room in front of a fire randomly hating everyone we saw.

"Do it, please do it," I said.
"I want some tea!" barked a rabbit-faced fuck to a scared teenager in a uniform.
"Yes sir, right away," said the teenager and scurried off.
"What an asshole," said my friend.  "Okay, I'm gonna do it."

He stood up, pulled his shirttails out and secretly removed his penis and balls.  Then he casually meandered around the room.

It was the most fun we had in Ireland.  We got to the point where we would go to these fancy places, hang aroung in the kitchen with the help and hide at the sight of other guests.

Rich people are pompous.  Rich people are deluded.  Rich people have to tell you every moment of their lives how rich they are.  Rich people are stingy, coldhearted, mean, cowardly, immoral, furtive, dishonest, arrogant, petty, backbiting, ruthless, and pointless.

Well, maybe some of them are okay.  The ones who came by their money inadvertently by doing something they really like, andsome lost souls who inheriited money and give it to weird performance artists can possibly be alloed to live.  But mainly they're a scourge.

And here's the thing:  it's not their fault.  Rich people would be perfectly fine if we would all just stop suching up to them.

We're all so busy trying to pry a little loose change out of them, trying to get them to buy this painting, that car, this precious little Ming vase.  They really start thinking that maybe they are just too fabulous.  And the more money they make, the more Porshes they buy, the more prople seem to adore them!  Rich people desparately want to believe their own press, they need so severly to think they are one of the chosen.  This is what turns then into monsters.

I know this rich Hollywood TV producer who decided that she wanted to be a singer.  She decreed she would have a lounge act at a club.  She wore lipstick an inch thick, a spangled tube top and chiffon harem pants, and croaked out Cole Porter numbers.  It was a toss-up whether to watch her or kill yourself.  But everyone who was in the TV business or who wanted to be in the TV business came to hear her.  This includes every journalist in L.A., all of whom have sitcom pilot scripts in their glove compartments.  So our canteuse got rave reviews and was told by everyone how incredible she was.  But after a couple of nights the TV people left and the regular people arrived.  And then ther overripe fruit started flying.

Now, this TV producer is an utter monster.  But once she was a normal person, and there is still a normal person trapped in there somewhere.  And this normal parson, like all normal people everywhere, is riddled with insecurity and self-loating.  When people suck up to her, her ego is massaged, but here soul knows it's a con.  Her soul knows we only like her for her money and her ability to get us jobs.  This makes her hate us, then herself.  This makes her feel empty and alone.

After they threw the fruit at her, the TV producer went out and bought herself a Ferrari and a beach house, then fired the entire staff of a TV show.  Rich people only trust money.

I say we stop this sucking up and treat them with the contempt they deserve.  They have all the money, what more do they fucking want?  And if we treat them really, really terrbly, they'll really, really like us, and start showereing us with money! :silly:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The way in which a man accepts his fate and all the suffering it entails, the way in which he takes up his cross, gives him ample opportunity-even under the most difficult cirumstances-to add deeper meaning to his life.  It may remain brave, dignified an

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2003, 08:52:00 PM »
Shower us with money...wouldnt that then make us....well...rich?  I thought we were avoiding that?

I dunno Mithy....Im lost on this one.....please help?

Carmel
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2003, 09:47:00 PM »
Okay...so I re-read it, and here is my buck fifty....

I know lots of rich people who are very much like you say....I know lots of rich people who are nothing like you say too....so on a personal level, I cant relate......obviously money can just be the luck of the draw.  In light of my family's tragedy, I have become what you might call "intermittently rich" but there isnt a dollar I wouldnt give back and even match on top of it,  if my loved ones might be given back to me.

I have learned that hate is a strong word.....moreso than I ever understood until recently.  I dont hate rich people who are useless, I dont hate the people who put me in,  "treated" me, or took advanatge of me in Straight, I dont hate my first boyfriend who was such an ass that I tried to commit suicide over him, I dont hate God for taking my little girl and my mother-in-law away from me......in short, hate is something far more sinister and profound than what we sometimes perceive it to be.

I tend to feel sorry for people that you describe, they are so missing out on reality and life.....I can only pray that they are healed in some way, however I have never felt the need to suck up to anyone as you describe.... feel rather free in that, despite my shortcomings, I dont have to be like them...ever.  Thats very comforting and gives me a sense of peace.

:idea:
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2003, 02:21:00 PM »
Mithygato,

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this post. I just got a hold of an old 4 track, but I opted to keep reading it instead of going along with the gnawing compulsion to go down the basement and start messing w/ the 4 track...

But...

I don't get how the *title* fits into this...you perceive Mr. Fager as some kind of 'pig'? What gives?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2003, 02:45:00 PM »
"If the Left can create the common perception that success and failure are simple matters of 'fortune' or 'luck',, then it is easy to promote and justify their various income redistribution schemes. After all, we are just evening out the odds a little bit."
--Neal Boortz

There's a huge difference between making money and getting money. I respect someone who earned their wealth. And, in my experience, you can't tell them apart from people with little or no wealth unless you happen to be privy to their finances. People who go around acting like snobs are generally those who've gotten their wealth through some kind of force or fraud or largess and who know, deep down, that they're not entitled to it. That's a horse of a different color entirely.

If All it takes is an infinite number of monkeys with type writers, then how come there's no Shakespeare coming out of AOL?
-- Anonymous

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2003, 09:47:00 AM »
On 2003-06-22 11:21:00, Froderik13 wrote:

"Mithygato,

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this post. I just got a hold of an old 4 track, but I opted to keep reading it instead of going along with the gnawing compulsion to go down the basement and start messing w/ the 4 track...

But...

I don't get how the *title* fits into this...you perceive Mr. Fager as some kind of 'pig'? What gives?"

Yes, could you explain this better? The title that is...  :???:

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2003, 06:12:00 PM »
The wealthiest people I know are perhaps the most down-to-Earth people I know. You can find most of them in overalls driving their tractors in the fields on the weekend. During the week, its business casual and they always have time to speak with you. They cheerfully give out business advice when asked for it. Not a one of them owns any kind of exotic car. Okay, 2 of them have owned Rolls-Royces. Heck, look at Sam Walton (I know, Wal-Mart, boo, hiss) This guy drove an old beat up pick-up and worked on his farm.

I think the Hollywood types are disgusting and quite deserving of my contempt. Right up the with those professional baseball players. I tend to think of them as big babies.

CL

Offline mithygato

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2003, 02:47:00 AM »
Hi everybody :grin:

Not slamming capitalism or anything, just feel like our folks got screwed outta alot of $$$ thanks to orgs. like Straight, Phoenix Institute, SAFE, etc..

It cost more for me at Straight for 6 months, then my brother's 6 month tuition at the University of Texas in '88!  (and they were on him in a minute, trying to convince my folks that he was a "druggie" too.

The people who create these organizations, and allowed harm to be inflicted upon their "clients" (who ALL suffered in silent desperation) should be made to SERIOUSLY PAY for their participation!

Again, nothing wrong with working hard, and living a happy, successful, honest, and prosperous life.

But growing up in Westlake Village, California (by L.A.) gives me quite a clue to these people's m.o.'s.  Most hang out at the Galleria all day, and are the stupidest damned people you will ever meet.  Sometimes the money really does go to your brains.

". . . given intelligent people barganing for the best possible society for themselves, not knowing whether they will be the most or the least advantaged members of that society, under no pressure and at no disadvantage relative to each other - any set of rules they can agree on will have to be fair to all, and can serve admirably as the fundamental fules of justice..

John Rawls - A Theory of Justice

Peace.
The way in which a man accepts his fate and all the suffering it entails, the way in which he takes up his cross, gives him ample opportunity-even under the most difficult cirumstances-to add deeper meaning to his life.  It may remain brave, dignified an

Offline mithygato

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2003, 03:33:00 AM »
Ginger,

You are the best!  Great Posts!

I'm reminded of the days long ago that I was reading Kant, and felt like my head was spinning for an hour or two until I had a glimpse of what he was saying.  
Having to flip it over and over again in my mind.
Voila, there it is.

Kant was a bitch to understand sometimes, but in the end it was insightful as hell.
Your writing is very eloquent.
You've written some very insightful words that many of us appreciate I'm sure - as do a lot of us on this forum.

Peace and good will to all.
Mithygato :wink:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2003, 12:00:00 PM »
Why, thank you!

Sacred cows make the best hamburger.  
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/external-search?tag=circlofmiamithem&keyword=mark+twain&mode=books' target='_new'> Mark Twain

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline mithygato

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2003, 02:25:00 AM »
MMMMMMMMMM . . .Burgerrrrr

- Homer Simpson : circa unknown

You guys are the best ya'll! ::cheers::

Peace to all.

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2003, 09:27:00 AM »
You still never explained why you said, "$$Wes and Friends$$ - BLOW ME."

I'm still curious... :em:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2003, 03:38:00 PM »
??