Author Topic: Fornits Attacked Again by Sue Scheff  (Read 2416 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Fornits Attacked Again by Sue Scheff
« on: November 07, 2007, 10:14:12 AM »
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Fornits attacked again by Sue Scheff  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How many times is this? Now she's backed off libel she's heading on to trademark infringement. Aaah how I just adore intellectual property law.

http://www.fornits.com/docs/sueschefftruth.pdf

@Sue Scheff:

Well established common law trademark right? LOL. Whatever, Sue. See Fallwell V. Cohn and suck a dick. Fallwell, unlike yourself actualy had trademarked his name so he stood more of a shot than you (which isn't much).

You want to take this to court. Fine by me, you self destructive insane cunt. Let's see you on the stand again, I'll make sure there are transcripts. And be sure to ask your fancy-ass lawyers about "legitimate noncommercial fair use".
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Dscussion on Troubled Teen Industry: same topic
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 10:50:18 AM »
Sue Scheff actually claims her services are free and she doesn't make a profit?  Where was this statement published?  

Thanks!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 07:32:03 PM »

Home > Informational Articles > The Miami Herald Article on P.U.R.E.â„¢ and Sue Scheff

The Miami Herald Article on P.U.R.E.â„¢ and Sue Scheff

Posted on Sun, Oct. 08, 2006

PARENTING
Group rates programs for troubled teens
After her own harrowing experience, a Weston mom formed Parents Universal Resource Experts.
BY YVONNE CAREY
Special to The Miami Herald

After failed attempts at family therapy and private counseling, Weston working mother Sue Scheff decided to send her troubled teen to a therapeutic boarding school to ease the tension for both mother and daughter.

Scheff and daughter Ashlyn, 14 at the time, pored over the literature from the few available facilities and settled on one run by The World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and Schools (WWASPS), a Utah-based organization that claims its programs can correct inappropriate behavior in children 12 and older.

Scheff learned her daughter was being abused only after Ashlyn became gravely ill from food poisoning at the facility.

''Another parent from the program called me and asked how Ashlyn was doing and it was only then I found out because her daughter had managed to leak the information to her,'' Scheff said. "They either told me [Ashlyn] was lying in her letters asking for help or that contact with her was detrimental to the treatment.''

The experience led Scheff to start P.U.R.E.â„¢, or Parents Universal Resource Experts, an organization that assists parents in finding trustworthy programs for their children struggling with issues like addiction, violence and attention deficit disorder.

''Before P.U.R.E.â„¢, there was nowhere to go,'' Scheff said. "We do all the research and legwork for them to find what is available, and then they decide where to place their teens. We prescreen these schools and programs by visiting them and interviewing not only the parents and teens who completed the program or attended the school but also those who are currently in the program or school.''

P.U.R.E.â„¢ also has a suggested reading list for parents and teens. It is financed by several schools and programs as well receiving private donations, Scheff said, so the service is free.

Terri Pardo of Pembroke Pines said the referral list of doctors, psychiatrists, psychologists and group therapy included an out-of-state source that was perfect for her son, Robert.

''She has firsthand experience to know what it's like to need help. You feel all alone,'' Pardo said of Scheff, noting the popular perception that the parent is at fault and that more punishment is the answer. "This gave me an alternate source from someone who went through the same thing and it was a great comfort.''

Scheff's plight, and her solution, have gained the attention of the media. Dr. Phil McGraw, host of the popular psychology TV talk show, Dr. Phil, has recommended P.U.R.E.â„¢ to parents.

According to a June Miami New Times article, at least six other WWASPS programs around the world have been investigated or closed during the past decade, following allegations of abuse or questionable practices.

''Teen boot camp abuse is widely known and a very serious, hot topic,'' Scheff said. "We don't want to separate the kids from the parent. We want to bring families back together.''

Scheff has written a book based on similar experiences of parents, At My Wit's End, which she hopes to have published by next fall.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 07:35:39 PM »

Parent Advocate Sue Scheff To Release First Book, "Wits End!" Early 2008
Associations & Organizations
Press release from: Sue Scheff  

Dieses Bild im Großformat speichern
(openPR) - Weston, Florida – Parent Sue Scheff knows all too well the frustrations of dealing with a troubled teen.

Being a single mom had always been trying, but as daughter Ashlyn reached her teenage years, the problems became far too much to handle. Bad decisions and difficult situations left Sue Scheff with no choice but to look to outside help for her troubled teen and salvation for strained family. What she didn’t know continues to haunt her. Seven years after her horrific travels into the world of teen help, Sue Scheff has become an advocate for safe alternatives, parent education and the truth. Through her organization, Parents Universal Resource Experts, Scheff has helped numerous families safely and successfully find help. Hoping to reach parents further, advocate Scheff becomes author with the release of her first book, “Wits End!â€

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 08:08:41 PM »
Unfortunately, it wasn’t over there. Upon returning home, Sue realized Ashlyn hadn’t benefited from her time at Carolina Springs. In fact, she was seriously depressed and dealing with suicidal thoughts as well as increased level of anger. It was then Sue Scheff was faced with the reality of her decision: Ashlyn shared the unspeakable stories of physical and mental abuse she endured at Carolina Springs Academy. Together, the pair worked with an excellent psychologist and began to heal, however, Scheff was not satisfied. Desperate parents like her were still being lured into dangerous and fraudulent programs by WWASPS daily. In 2001, Compelled by her struggles and newfound experiences, Sue Scheff founded Parents Universal Resource Experts to support parents with truth and genuine solutions for troubled teens.

PURE was founded in 2001, in part because Sue Scheff was not satisfied that "deperate parents were still being lured into dangerous and fraudulent programs by WWASPS daily."

Question:

Did Sue Scheff stop her referrals to WWASPS after founding PURE or did she continue to refer to WWASPS ?

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 09:59:57 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Sue Scheff actually claims her services are free and she doesn't make a profit?  Where was this statement published?  

Thanks!

I have the page archived (as do several ophers).  It was one of her blogs where she stated this.  I believe it's linked to off sueschefftruth somewhere.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 10:02:33 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Unfortunately, it wasn’t over there. Upon returning home, Sue realized Ashlyn hadn’t benefited from her time at Carolina Springs. In fact, she was seriously depressed and dealing with suicidal thoughts as well as increased level of anger. It was then Sue Scheff was faced with the reality of her decision: Ashlyn shared the unspeakable stories of physical and mental abuse she endured at Carolina Springs Academy. Together, the pair worked with an excellent psychologist and began to heal, however, Scheff was not satisfied. Desperate parents like her were still being lured into dangerous and fraudulent programs by WWASPS daily. In 2001, Compelled by her struggles and newfound experiences, Sue Scheff founded Parents Universal Resource Experts to support parents with truth and genuine solutions for troubled teens.

PURE was founded in 2001, in part because Sue Scheff was not satisfied that "deperate parents were still being lured into dangerous and fraudulent programs by WWASPS daily."

Question:

Did Sue Scheff stop her referrals to WWASPS after founding PURE or did she continue to refer to WWASPS ?
She continued to openly refer for several months and recieved money for long after. There is evidence to suggest she still does, albeit under different umbrella ownership.  She was WWASP's best referral parent before she got caught scamming the referral system, BTW.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2007, 11:44:21 PM »
In his testimony in the WWASP vs PURE trarnscript,, page 221--- Kevin Richey stated Sue Scheff continued to make referrals to WWASP through August 2001.

Kevin Richey discussed these referrals in an email to WWASP owner, Ken Kay:

------Original Message------
To: Ken Kay
Date: August 17, 2001
Subject: Sue Scheff

The last contact I had with Sue was 8 18 (sic 16) she emailed a lead to me. In our last conversation probably last week July she said she thought our programs were good but that our Seminars were terrible. She said she would continue to send referrals to me for Majestic Ranch as she didn't have any other resources for younger kids 7-12. She said she had placed 8 kids that week in Red Cliff or Red Rock not sure which. She asked me to manipulate the referral system and give 2 referrals to her so she wouldn't have to pay Diane Luchetto for 2 referrals that she somehow received from her. She said she had given Diane about 12 referrals. I told her that I couldn't change that information in our computer system and that I didn't feel right about doing it if I could.

Kevin Richey
Teen Help
Admission's Coordinator