Author Topic: Rockpoint, Vermont  (Read 3137 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rockpoint, Vermont
« on: October 16, 2007, 01:33:53 PM »
Does anyone have information on Rockpoint, Vermont?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rockpoint, Vermont
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 02:07:43 PM »
We have found that for the tuition of Rock Point School, that after graduating you can not attend any thing other than a community college without your child attending the public school at an additional cost for the classes. If we wanted our child in public school then we wouldn't have put her in a boarding school. We have also found that the supervision of the children does not meet the standards of most parents.

Submitted by james foster, a parent

Offline wonderwoman2112

• View Profile
Rockpoint, Vermont
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 07:32:15 PM »
"...after graduating you can not attend any thing other than a community college without your child attending the public school at an additional cost for the classes."

Why do you say that?  Are their course offerings not adequate for most colleges?   Do they offer them, but just not require them?  Please explain.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rockpoint, Vermont
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 07:50:44 PM »
Wonder, most of these "schools" are unaccredited.  This means they cannot issue state diplomas.  The "credits" obtained are useless and many kids are barred from higher education consequently.  Best bet is to stear clear of these types of "schools" and "programs."

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Rockpoint, Vermont
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 10:13:49 PM »
My understanding was that this places was just a normal boarding school not a tbs. Is this incorrect?
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
Rockpoint, Vermont
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 06:22:09 PM »
Quote from: ""Oz girl""
My understanding was that this places was just a normal boarding school not a tbs. Is this incorrect?

No, you are NOT incorrect.  Rock Point School is a normal boarding
school, which is why it is rarely discussed on this forum, as RPS does NOT abuse kids.

Also, the  quality of education at Rock Point School is excellent.  I know because I graduated from RPS, and I was accepted by the University of Illinois (where I  graduated from), and about a dozen other accredited schools, including University of Vermont, University of Wisconsin, St. Norberts College, Southeast Missouri College, Southern Illinois University, and several other schools whose names I can't remember anymore.  

The poster who said that  Rock Point school is unaccredited, and that the kids have to attend public HS and community college afterwards, is completely full of shit.

Trust me, because I know.