Author Topic: Dreams with Joe  (Read 11788 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dreams with Joe
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2007, 05:07:29 PM »
I had a dream about "the Stalin Lady" again.  I actually don't remember ever dreaming about the Stalin Lady before, but in this dream she presented herself as being a frequent visitor.  The Stalin Lady is a real fan of Stalin and collects and sells memorabilia related to Stalin at flea markets and such.

I believe Stalin is a metaphor for Joe Gauld in these dreams, and the Stalin Lady is someone also in real life who is an admirer, but not exactly an outright fan.  Perhaps it is Karl Jung.

Anyway, in my dream, I remember commenting to some friends that the Stalin Lady's products were the real deal and worth checking out if they were into that sort of stuff.  They were authentic and fairly priced.  I didn't collect this sort of thing myself, but there are some that do.

Some one else was showing a clip of Ed Legg, it was a really old clip, only a few frames, and it showed him with his arm raised up as though he were exhorting followers at a pep rally.

The building that the sale was being held in was old and falling apart, not to mention that the auspices of the sale were somewhat dubious, and I left because I felt somewhat unsafe.  I remember having a vague feeling that Stalin might show up.  I was looking at a real estate flyer in my hands when I woke up.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dreams with Joe
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2007, 06:44:14 AM »
I was at Hyde last night.  The staff was offering books written by the students.  Each book was personalized to give the appearance of being unique but was actually the same story.  This gave me cause to ponder the process that produced the books.  I realized that the process was on some level unnatural, that it did not express the true people that these kids were.  I felt alienation from the process and felt the need to leave.  The realization was like that of the protagonist in Invasion of the Body Snatchers  The rest of the dream involves the process of leaving.

So I think my dream is like your except that mine is more didactic.  I like the indirectness of yours and the images.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dreams with Joe
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2007, 06:46:10 AM »
On second though perhaps the Stalin lady is fornits.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Dreams with Joe
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2008, 01:04:50 PM »
Last night I dreamed -- not directly about Hyde or its personages, for a change -- but of some other place, more of a drug-rehab lock-up. I was an adult this time, and I was attempting to help some parents, who were friends of mine, to get their kid OUT. One of the premises for getting their kid out was that he didn't really belong there. Of course, it is my belief that NO kid belongs in one of these places, but in this case, the kid didn't even do drugs, and it was a drug rehab.

One of my jobs was to get the kid's records. I was having the most difficult time! Stymied at every move! Double-speak, obfuscation, and unreasonable delays in response to each attempt. I remember trying to tread delicately, because the kid was still in there. Throughout this dream, I kept having flashbacks to Hyde (as part of the dream), and their anti-logic for doing the kinds of things to kids that they do. It was a dream within a dream.

Finally, one of the counselors, exasperated and fatigued from dealing with me, let it slip that they had no intention of letting the kid go. The reason? It didn't really matter whether the kid fit the profile of the demographic they ostensibly were designed for. They felt that this kind of environment could teach ANY kid some valuable lessons about life... that it was a good environment for any kid... (haha! sound familiar?)

Thankfully, some alarm bell -- which turned out to be the phone -- wouldn't stop ringing. I woke up drenched with sweat and the taste of metal in my mouth (blood, from clenching my teeth?)...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2008, 01:29:50 PM »
Bravo! I liked that as much as the one about the untreated thumb.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2008, 01:43:52 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Bravo! I liked that as much as the one about the untreated thumb.

Except that was no dream:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=24743&p=305550#p305520

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2008, 02:46:11 PM »
I meant the one about nerve damage.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2008, 03:45:12 PM »
My Brother Karl and I when to Hyde a number of years ago.  We both dream about Hyde. Here is a dream I had a couple of nights back:

I was in a community meeting.  Joe was on the stage haranguing us with so stuff that had some pretty glaring logical flaws.  I stood up and called him on it.  His face turned red and he started screaming at me.  I tried to reason with him but he continued to scream and eject spittle from his mouth.  Some one sitting next to me said, " you can't reason with him, he is a beast. There is only one thing to do."  He handed me what looked like the glock .40 I was looking at in a gun shop recently.  "Kill him" he said.  I took the pistol with two hand and emptied the clip into Joe as I walked to the stage.  Joe was lying face down in a pool pool of blood in a cardigan sweater and a pair of golf pants. I climbed on to the stage. I stood next to Joe and kicked his lifeless body over. As the body rolled his face became my face.  I stood and looked and realized that I was Joe.

your friend Kneel

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2008, 03:48:32 PM »
BTW,

I woke up immediately and felt strangely refreshed and relieved although my heart rate was probably about 160.

Kneel

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2008, 03:58:04 PM »
tut tut. Don't you know that violence (even aesthetic violence) will get you nowhere?

btw, do you also wear cardigan sweaters and golf pants?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2008, 04:08:10 PM »
Cardigans were always a bit too Andy Williams for me.  I am more of a cross between Tennessee and Hank.  It is cargo shorts or loose jeans for me on the links.  

Kneel

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2008, 02:56:31 AM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2008, 03:31:29 AM »
Quote from: "Kneel Jung"
My Brother Karl and I when to Hyde a number of years ago.  We both dream about Hyde. Here is a dream I had a couple of nights back:

I was in a community meeting.  Joe was on the stage haranguing us with so stuff that had some pretty glaring logical flaws.  I stood up and called him on it.  His face turned red and he started screaming at me.  I tried to reason with him but he continued to scream and eject spittle from his mouth.  Some one sitting next to me said, " you can't reason with him, he is a beast. There is only one thing to do."  He handed me what looked like the glock .40 I was looking at in a gun shop recently.  "Kill him" he said.  I took the pistol with two hand and emptied the clip into Joe as I walked to the stage.  Joe was lying face down in a pool pool of blood in a cardigan sweater and a pair of golf pants. I climbed on to the stage. I stood next to Joe and kicked his lifeless body over. As the body rolled his face became my face.  I stood and looked and realized that I was Joe.

your friend Kneel

Good God! I hope Joe had the decency to let you dig your own grave first.

Offline MyListing12

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2012, 06:56:58 AM »
Grand to contribute to the information, it seems to be incredibly constructive for me.

real estate flyer

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: Re:
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2012, 02:09:43 PM »
Quote from: "MyListing12"
Grand to contribute to the information, it seems to be incredibly constructive for me.

real estate flyer
Really? Do explain...
-------------- • -------------- • --------------