Author Topic: Lexy Spett - Bodin Associates  (Read 25489 times)

Offline rayjax

• View Profile
Lexy Spett - Bodin Associates
« on: September 24, 2007, 09:29:00 PM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 03:29:03 AM »
She claims to have a masters in social work, but appears to be willing to send a child off to a therapeutic boarding school even when there is no clinical justification for it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
spreading lies
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 02:50:30 PM »
Ms. Spett has a master's degree in psychology and is a licensed therapist. She has always worked within the ethical and legal bounds of her license. You should check your facts before spreading lies!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 08:41:08 PM »
Thanks douchebag, now we know we have to go after her.

Any more dirt on this cunt?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
lexy spett
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 12:07:14 AM »
I have to wonder if the person who posted the insulting remarks about ms. spett is really only upset beause their child needed out of home care do to their own poor parenting and Ms. Spett was asked to step in and make recommendations to potentially save the childs life.  The information provided is inaccurate, she is a Licensed MFT and has been working in this industry for over a decade.  My family worked with Ms. Spett and found her to be professional, compassionate, thorough and highly clinically savvy.  She advocated for our child, was able to hold our hands through a  very difficult process and continues to support all of us as we navigate a world we never dreamed of being in need of.  Seems to me that the disatisfation is based on wanting her to capitulate to a parents demands, not what was in the childs best interest.  I recommend any parent reading this to consider the source of the complaint and the accuracy and intent behind the claims.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 12:36:46 AM »
Tits or GTFO, Lexy.

And yes, we know it's you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
nice mouth
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 12:56:36 AM »
I have to respond to the guest who is using such foul language.  I question your sanity in referring to this professional woman as a c--T...
i imagine you are incredibly angry and have to attempt to put people down with this vulgarity rather than looking at your behavior.  I for one would never believe your opinion about someone based on your inappropriate and immature language.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 01:13:39 AM »
Sorry, Lexy, that wasn't tits.

Time to GTFO.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Re: nice mouth
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2007, 01:21:41 AM »
Quote from: ""class act""
I have to respond to the guest who is using such foul language.  I question your sanity in referring to this professional woman as a c--T...
i imagine you are incredibly angry and have to attempt to put people down with this vulgarity rather than looking at your behavior.  I for one would never believe your opinion about someone based on your inappropriate and immature language.

In that case allow me....

How much money does Lexy make referring children to programs and what programs does she refer to? You claim that she is clinically savvy, in that case what clinical studies does she use to determine if a child needs placement and what placement that should be? Does she disclose if any allegations of abuse have been made to programs she refers to? What does she do to ensure that a child's rights are not being exploited?
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2007, 05:50:05 PM »
Lexy Spett appears to be a standard ed con. She will send a kid to a therapeutic boarding school even when there is no valid DSM-IV diagnosis that supports it. She refers to Boulder Creek Academy without pointing out that it went bankrupt because of numerous lawsuits against it and then reforganized after bankruptcy under a new owner with many of the previous employees. You will never find out from Lexy Spett that the facility she is recommending has injured or killed kids.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2007, 06:47:47 PM »
Alexandra Spett goes by Lexi Spett, not Lexy. She works for Bodin Associates who is on ISAC's watch list.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2007, 04:29:39 AM »
Yeah, Lexi Spett appears to be just another typical ed con artist. She doesn't appear to do any screening of kids referred to her for placement. If you wave the $5,000 fee in front of her, she will put your kid in a program.

In case you are new to this scam, when you send your kid to a wilderness program, after they have been there for a few weeks, the program will suggest you get a psych eval on your kid. Naturally, the psych eval comes back saying the kid needs to be placed in a therapeutic boarding school. This happens nearly 100% of the time. Then, the 'therapist' at the wilderness program will recommend you use an ed con artist to help you find the 'best program to fit the specific and unique needs of your child.'  Since you don't know any ed con artist, the therapist will suggest one, such as Lexi Spett. Then, it appears that Lexi Spett will suggest 3 or 4 programs that all have some sort of ties to the people that referred you to her. I doubt if Lexi Spett has ever told any parent that their child did not need residential therapy.

This is a very incestuous industry. There are only about 70 some facilities in the entire US, and most of the facilities are owned by a handful of bigger companies, so you are talking about maybe a few dozen different owners in total. Figure that the typical ed con artist probably has some sort of sweet heart deal with nearly every, if not every, owner of a residential therapeutic facility in the entire US.

Think about it, this is a $1 billion a year industry, with only 70 some facilities.  When you show a photo of your kid to Lexi Spett or any other ed con artist, the only thing they see are dollar signs.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Incorrect information regarding Lexy Spett and the industry
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 05:21:26 PM »
Please do your homework before posting false information on the internet as if it were fact.

The industry you are slandering provides legitimate services to families in need.  The professionals you are slandering have extensive education and experience in the therapeutic industry and strive to provide excellent treatment and/or treatment options.

Please do not generalize and assume that all Educational Consultants are con artists.  As with any profession, some are better than others.  

Lexy is at the top of the profession and does not deserve to be attacked.

DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Incorrect information regarding Lexy Spett and the indus
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2007, 05:25:20 PM »
Quote from: ""Someone who knows""
Please do not generalize and assume that all Educational Consultants are con artists.  As with any profession, some are better than others.  
!

Yes, in any profession some workers are better than others. For example, some rapists are only mediocre, while others excel

I hate generalizations about professions. One example of generalizations that people make about professions, is that all con artists are con artists. Another generalization, is that all post-men are involved with mail transfer, somehow, or that veterinarians administer, in some way, to animals.

Please do not generalize. Making accurate statements about what I do for a living threatens my lifestyle

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2007, 05:28:27 PM »
Wonder if this Lexy and someone like, say Sue Scheff have they ever honestly told a parent, "NO, your child does not need to go to a treatment facility; but thanks for asking for my opinion anyway."
 :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: