Author Topic: jubilee home  (Read 2219 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
jubilee home
« on: September 11, 2007, 03:52:32 PM »
I was in the jubilee home from 1982- 1984.  I was told that if i would agree to go to the homes they would work on me getting custody back of my son right before i went in to the homes I had a still born baby girl she was born and died in November and I went into the homes in December I was still very much greaving for my baby girl. She died while I was in labor with her the cord colasped and got between the baby's head and my urtursess and she couldn't get any air. While i was thenre I was not even allowed to meation her or talk about her. I was not allowed to have any contact with my son or wrte to him I was supposed to be there to supposdly get strightned out so I could have custody I did all that they asked of me I even graduated from there school. When I got out of the homes a year and a half later I found that my son was already adopted out so they lied to me          When I was in the home they said that no matter how bad our marriage was we could not get divorced or leave the marriage my ex husband was abussive in every way possible and I stuck it out for a long time until he started to abuse my son and then at that time i relized that Jesus would not want a child to go through that. the bible says that the man was to love the wife as his own body I don't lkow of any man that goes around calling himself bad names and punches him self.  They admited in the  homes that they brain washed people and they even bragged about it and they also admited that they beat the  kids so hard that they left brusies we even had a lady come in and do a bible study and she talked about discipling children and she even said that it was ok to leave bruises on young children   and some of you are saying that noting bad ever happed in the  homes    I would like to see some of lyou go throug the hell that we all went throught and have somebody to tell lyou "get over it"   The camerons and a lot of the others who ran the homes was tried and c onvicted in a court of law on the abuses and they saw a lot of the bruised on the girls.  the homes was shut down because of this. and faye cameron is not allowed to have anythign to with children in the state of texas because she had a girl in lock up and also had her tied up and you don't call that abuse I would hate to see how you treat your own kids I hope you you would never do any of that t o your own kids
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
jubilee home
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 12:20:19 AM »
Jubilee is for 18+ right, how did you end up there? From what you know about the Roloff homes for under 18 yearolds how does you're experience compare? Were you given drugs by the homes? Did they ever try to beat, restrain, or lock the adults up in isolation rooms? How did the keep you there?

Sorry for all the questions but I just heard about Jubilee about a week ago, they are still operating in Texas. If you haven't get in touch with Lorri she has a Roloff survivors group with a focus on healing. She also does work in regards to the dubious adoptions perpetrated by the homes, including a great blog.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
jubilee home
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 07:46:12 AM »
Quote from: ""hanzomon4""
Jubilee is for 18+ right, how did you end up there? From what you know about the Roloff homes for under 18 yearolds how does you're experience compare? Were you given drugs by the homes? Did they ever try to beat, restrain, or lock the adults up in isolation rooms? How did the keep you there?

Sorry for all the questions but I just heard about Jubilee about a week ago, they are still operating in Texas. If you haven't get in touch with Lorri she has a Roloff survivors group with a focus on healing. She also does work in regards to the dubious adoptions perpetrated by the homes, including a great blog.

yes, Lorri is Loretta Spicklemire, (saw her post on another thread as lorrispicklemire and she is Loretta)  she has been on some of the other groups,

what home were you in? were you even in a Roloff home?
what year were you there? how old were you when you were in the Roloff home? what State was it in? who were the dorm parents? what caused you to be in the Roloff home? did you lose a child?

thanx

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
jubilee home
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 08:02:26 AM »
No I've never been in any program, I'm just a guy trying to help out in any way I can. The Roloff homes was the first religious program I came across, a spinoff called New Bethany in my State. However it seems like many of the religious programs are connected to Roloff in some way. Personally I want these fuckers pwned.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline jubilee

• View Profile
jubilee home
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 03:20:00 PM »
i was in the jubilee home from december 1982 - june 1984 i wound up there to supposdly strightne up my life to get my one son back. but while i was there my parental r ights was taken away and he was adopted out.  when i first came to the homes somebody else was running the homes they moved to waco texas and started a new home don't remember the name of those dorm parents or hte name of the homes while they was there likcs were g iving out now mind you the jubilee home is adult ladies not teens or kids and there was a lock up there after the other dorm parents took over the gwins i don't know of any licks but there was still people put in l ock up. I hope that helps you out
everly

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
Hello Jubilee
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 05:39:26 PM »
Yes, I am Loretta also.  That is my given name and makes me think of depressing old country tunes.  I have always been lorri to friends, and hanzomon4 is a good kid and I am glad to count him in that group.   I run a support and healing group for all Roloff survivors, but my pet project is a group called moms love is 4ever for exiled parents and stolen babies.  I am trying to make a difference the only way I can, and these homes need to stop coercing young girls into giving up their babies.

Lorri
quot;It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.\"
                                        George Washington