Author Topic: The Famous Mr. Black  (Read 5361 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Famous Mr. Black
« on: September 11, 2007, 01:15:25 PM »
http://www.hyde.edu/podium/default.aspx ... nid=401803
Jeff Black ’78 Bath Becomes First Alumnus to Chair Hyde Schools’ Board of Governors

9/7/2007

For the first time in the history of Hyde Schools, an alumnus will chair its board of governors: Jeffrey P. Black ’78 Bath has been elected to that position, Hyde President Malcolm Gauld recently announced. Black, who has been a member of the board for three years, replaces outgoing chair Robert D. Krebs, who led the board throughout the extremely successful Hyde @ 40 Campaign.

Of the milestone, Malcolm Gauld notes, “What better testament to the impact of a Hyde education can there be than having one of its graduates return to lead our organization? Jeff Black embodies the best in Hyde; his astute business sense combined with his genuine rapport with all people will contribute to an outstanding educational environment for our students, faculty, staff, and all Hyde families.â€
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: The Famous Mr. Black
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 01:23:30 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Of the milestone, Malcolm Gauld notes, “What better testament to the impact of a Hyde education can there be than having one of its graduates return to lead our organization?

Better testement?  EEeeeewww.  Screams creepy cult to me.  I think we've talked before about the followers of Gauld and Newton that hang on for years.  Some even getting approval before marrying.  

Of his election as the new head of Hyde’s board, Black notes, “The recent Hyde @ 40 Campaign gave me an opportunity to give back to the schools, as well as become more involved. I have a great amount of respect for the people who work at Hyde—they’re the kinds of people you want to be around. And with Hyde, you know what you’re going to get, and you know it’s going to be exciting.â€
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
The Famous Mr. Black
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 02:21:20 PM »
"And with Hyde, you know what you’re going to get, and you know it’s going to be exciting."

::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::
I'm so excited,
I just can't hide it...

Yeah, you're gonna get an insular culty nest of pedophiles and lunatics who scream at you and berate you for alleged shortcomings and character flaws.  And you're gonna be milked for whatever you're worth, and then some.  

Should you be deemed an undesirable and disgrace, you will be summarily expelled and Hyde will try to prevent you from furthering your education no matter how many years it has been.  But they will still try to extract moolah from you, by hounding you with fund raising letters, because they care so very much about your character.

Should you be a parent and have the misfortune of having your child pawed, assaulted, or even raped, they will still try to shame YOU into donating for future generations.  Should you even SUE them, try to drag their ass into court to be accountable for what they have done and/or allowed... they will still be sending you their junk mail filled with admonitions to "give 'till it hurts" as well as joyous tidings of recent news of the perps' activities.  'Cuz they're part of the "family" too, right?

Should your son or daughter attempt to commit suicide, distraught over their less than fulfilling years at the old Blue and Gold, they will still be sending you requests for money.

Yeah, you should know by now, just what you're gonna get.  You will be hounded for the rest of your life and probably then some, since death is no excuse, for funds to further "the cause," and so will every one of your relatives that Hyde is able to scrounge an address for.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 02:57:03 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Famous Mr. Black
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 02:46:09 PM »
That is y the hyde @ 40 drive was so successful.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: The Famous Mr. Black
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 02:01:52 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
http://www.hyde.edu/podium/default.aspx?t=204&nid=401803
Jeff Black ’78 Bath Becomes First Alumnus to Chair Hyde Schools’ Board of Governors

9/7/2007

For the first time in the history of Hyde Schools, an alumnus will chair its board of governors: Jeffrey P. Black ’78 Bath has been elected to that position, Hyde President Malcolm Gauld recently announced. Black, who has been a member of the board for three years, replaces outgoing chair Robert D. Krebs, who led the board throughout the extremely successful Hyde @ 40 Campaign.

Of the milestone, Malcolm Gauld notes, “What better testament to the impact of a Hyde education can there be than having one of its graduates return to lead our organization? Jeff Black embodies the best in Hyde; his astute business sense combined with his genuine rapport with all people will contribute to an outstanding educational environment for our students, faculty, staff, and all Hyde families.â€

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Famous Mr. Black
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 02:23:34 AM »
Why in the world would the head of a public corporation, (Jeffrey Black) want to associate themself with a school that has so much controversy? This could be a very bad business move on his part. It is obvious why Hyde has "courted him" considering how much money the man is worth.

welcome to the Network of the New World Order.

dad is involved with hyde. used to be the head chair on hyde's board of directors.

jeff and his two bros went to hyde.  jeff the most "successful" one there.

jeff has been on hyde's BOD for years, along with his dad.

dad "retires," jeff takes the head chair.

Teleflex, Inc.: at least one member of teleflex's BOD is also on hyde's BOD.

that member's son also went to hyde.

hyde @ 40 drive: guess who topped off with the final million?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Famous Mr. Black
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 09:52:21 AM »
Jeff's Dad, Lennox was the man that put Joe back in the drivers seat.  My guess would be that he, Lennox, is the real power behind Hyde's current string of successes.   If you look at Teleflex, it does not really have a core business.  It is a holding company that buys and manages companies that manufacture.  You could think of Hyde as being a Teleflex subsidiary.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Famous Mr. Black
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 10:19:51 AM »
Jeff's Dad, Lennox was the man that put Joe back in the drivers seat.  My guess would be that he, Lennox, is the real power behind Hyde's current string of successes.   If you look at Teleflex, it does not really have a core business.  It is a holding company that buys and manages companies that manufacture.  You could think of Hyde as being a Teleflex subsidiary.

That's how Berkshire Hathaway works. Warren Buffet chaired the board of directors of my college in the seventies and acted as the college's financial agent. In a few years he increased the college's endowment from several million to several billion. His financial guidance proved instrumental in achieving a florescence of liberal arts studies there and stimulating the employment of scholars of abiding influence. Imagine a force like that driving the Hyde philosophy forward.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Famous Mr. Black
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 10:30:35 AM »

That's how Berkshire Hathaway works. Warren Buffet chaired the board of directors of my college in the seventies and acted as the college's financial agent. In a few years he increased the college's endowment from several million to several billion. His financial guidance proved instrumental in achieving a florescence of liberal arts studies there and stimulating the employment of scholars of abiding influence. Imagine a force like that driving the Hyde philosophy forward.

I think Lennox is like Warren except at a smaller scale.  Now this guy Burroughs sound interesting: EE from Clarkson Masters from UVM.  IBM project manager.  What are the chances they will give him the captains chair @ Bath?  ..........................

Yes  No
Are you a Gauld                    x
Married to a Gauld                 x
Married to someone
who is related to someone
married to a Gauld                x

Thanks for you application Mr Burroughs.  We will get back to you when we make a decision.  Oh on your way out please ask Laura to come in.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Famous Mr. Black
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 11:03:12 AM »
let me reformat:

Are you:

a Gauld            _________no
Married to a Gauld _______no
Married to someone
who is related to someone
married to a Gauld _______no

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Famous Mr. Black
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 11:12:24 AM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Famous Mr. Black
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 12:58:42 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grinnell_College

Despite the fact that the senior class voted overwhelmingly against graduating me, despite the fact that the faculty voted overwhelmingly against my graduating, despite the fact that Ed voted against graduating me, despite how I called a "leadership" year a waste of time, I got a nice college recommendation from Ed. For that I am grateful.  

Do you remember the senior graduation vote? Did you notice that in most cases eyes went around the room before hands went up? There can be no doubt that the results would have been quite different had it not been a public vote. It said a lot about our craven selves. But Ed gave me a good recommendation regardless. He disobeyed! That disobedience is his redeeming feature.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Famous Mr. Black
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 01:18:13 PM »
They all had their favorites, but not every student was favored by someone,

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Famous Mr. Black
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 01:30:41 PM »
really think that was "disobeyance?"
he was just cutting his losses.  
very pragmatic, that mr. ed.

Offline Ed Legg

• View Profile
The Famous Mr. Black
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2007, 01:40:46 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grinnell_College

Despite the fact that the senior class voted overwhelmingly against graduating me, despite the fact that the faculty voted overwhelmingly against my graduating, despite the fact that Ed voted against graduating me, despite how I called a "leadership" year a waste of time, I got a nice college recommendation from Ed. For that I am grateful.  

Do you remember the senior graduation vote? Did you notice that in most cases eyes went around the room before hands went up? There can be no doubt that the results would have been quite different had it not been a public vote. It said a lot about our craven selves. But Ed gave me a good recommendation regardless. He disobeyed! That disobedience is his redeeming feature.

Don't worry Mike I always knew you would make good.  Now some of them popular panty wastes that got diplomas.... boy!  Now  I am thinkin' about a boy that randomly picks a woman out of a airline que marries her then find out hes been made a cuckold for ten years ......  Character.  I remember that old boy voted agin you.  He was one of them tennis players.  What kind of game is that for a man, 'specially one that bits tennis balls?  Great Lord Almighty, that fool is still runnin that school. I remember you were a pretty good mat man Mike.

Kiss Kiss
i]