Author Topic: pete gregory is a douch bag  (Read 12889 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
pete gregory is a douch bag
« on: August 27, 2007, 01:08:58 AM »
fucking serious man. lose some weight its actually really sad that you cant even take care of yourself.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline hyde88

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 01:28:56 AM »
LOL

It's amazing he is still there..well I guess not considering his options moving out into the real world. Let me guess he is 'coaching' and teaching something like History...or do they even let him teach?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 01:57:22 AM »
Quote from: ""hyde88""
LOL

It's amazing he is still there..well I guess not considering his options moving out into the real world. Let me guess he is 'coaching' and teaching something like History...or do they even let him teach?

MMmmm... Tell us more.  I precede this time.  Or maybe my memory fails me.  The name sounds familiar.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline hyde88

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 02:01:52 AM »
Pete Gregory was a student that was a contemporary of mine. His buddy, Bob Felt, was another one of the 'special' students. Both did Post graduate years, (ie 5 years at Hyde) and were welcomed back with open arms after their 'career' paths didn't quite work out.

For the record, both Pete and Bob were 'children' of Gary Kent (dead football and lacrosse coach). I would assume they either are teaching or coaching. Most likely both.

Offline hyde88

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 02:06:59 AM »
Also, I was the roommate of James Roman, whom I believe is still the only student to actually die at Hyde. He was 14 years old and had a brain annaerism and died on a Sunday.

There was, at one time, a tree planted in his honor right in front of the gym. It has since been removed (I know, because I go back to Maine regularly). I am not sure where it ended up.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 02:37:35 AM »
Pete Gregory was a student that was a contemporary of mine. His buddy, Bob Felt, was another one of the 'special' students. Both did Post graduate years, (ie 5 years at Hyde) and were welcomed back with open arms after their 'career' paths didn't quite work out.

For the record, both Pete and Bob were 'children' of Gary Kent (dead football and lacrosse coach). I would assume they either are teaching or coaching. Most likely both.
Also, I was the roommate of James Roman, whom I believe is still the only student to actually die at Hyde. He was 14 years old and had a brain annaerism and died on a Sunday.

There was, at one time, a tree planted in his honor right in front of the gym. It has since been removed (I know, because I go back to Maine regularly). I am not sure where it ended up.

I did know Gary Kent.  He started teaching at Hyde somewhat around my time.  He was a good sort who earnestly tried to make a difference (I thought).  To be honest with you, I don't think he could fully comprehend the evil he was up against.  Maybe I was wrong, I never did talk to him much as life was pretty much hell for me at that point.

I am curious about the brain aneurysm.  You know sometimes these things happen, it has to do with the particulars and idiosyncrasies of the vascular networks in the brain, but often there are some warning signs beforehand, when intervention and medical assistance can still save a kid's life...  There was a kid at Elan that died that way.  Elan had this thing called "the Ring," where kids had to duke it out and some poor bloke just wasn't taken seriously in the aftermath... 'till he was carted away in an ambulance and never came back.

Offline hyde88

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 02:44:03 AM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""

I did know Gary Kent.  He started teaching at Hyde somewhat around my time.  He was a good sort who earnestly tried to make a difference (I thought).  To be honest with you, I don't think he could fully comprehend the evil he was up against.  Maybe I was wrong, I never did talk to him much as life was pretty much hell for me at that point.

I am curious about the brain aneurysm.  You know sometimes these things happen, it has to do with the particulars and idiosyncrasies of the vascular networks in the brain, but often there are some warning signs beforehand, when intervention and medical assistance can still save a kid's life...  There was a kid at Elan that died that way.  Elan had this thing called "the Ring," where kids had to duke it out and some poor bloke just wasn't taken seriously in the aftermath... 'till he was carted away in an ambulance and never came back.

Well, to be fair, James (after the autopsy) was revealed to have an enlarged heart. According to the medical folks, that pumped too much blood to his brain, which caused the condition.

He was on scholarship, from NY and he was a great and bright kid. I will always remember him and that day at Hyde. It's ironic that in all these posts on this forum, I have yet to read his name once. BTW, Hyde sponsors a Basketball tournament in his name.

Small compensation.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 03:37:43 AM »
Well, to be fair, James (after the autopsy) was revealed to have an enlarged heart. According to the medical folks, that pumped too much blood to his brain, which caused the condition.

He was on scholarship, from NY and he was a great and bright kid. I will always remember him and that day at Hyde. It's ironic that in all these posts on this forum, I have yet to read his name once. BTW, Hyde sponsors a Basketball tournament in his name.

Small compensation.

Well, thanks to you, his name is now immortalized for as long as fornits exists, James Roman, James Roman, James Roman...

For some reason, the 1980's crowd doesn't seem to come here much, or at least of late, or perhaps yet...  Well, there is Lars, and he does come back intermittently, but he hasn't touched base for a few months now.  Sometimes the younger crowd blazes through, but usually briefly; I think they have spots on MySpace and Facebook and Xanga that are more to their liking, but they don't post for long on those either.

I think perhaps you need to be of a certain age, ha! ...or have experienced a certain trauma level, to want to commit to posting about it/figuring it all out long-term...

BTW, have you checked out the Straight, Inc. Veterans forum here on fornits yet?  Did you know 85DayJerk (Bob) during your time at Atlanta?  And... I am guessing that you must know that Ginger was in Straight (80-82, I believe; Sarasota?)...

Offline hyde88

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 03:50:51 AM »

Small compensation.

Well, thanks to you, his name is now immortalized for as long as fornits exists, James Roman, James Roman, James Roman...

For some reason, the 1980's crowd doesn't seem to come here much, or at least of late, or perhaps yet...  Well, there is Lars, and he does come back intermittently, but he hasn't touched base for a few months now.  Sometimes the younger crowd blazes through, but usually briefly; I think they have spots on MySpace and Facebook and Xanga that are more to their liking, but they don't post for long on those either.

I think perhaps you need to be of a certain age, ha! ...or have experienced a certain trauma level, to want to commit to posting about it/figuring it all out long-term...

BTW, have you checked out the Straight, Inc. Veterans forum here on fornits yet?  Did you know 85DayJerk (Bob) during your time at Atlanta?  And... I am guessing that you must know that Ginger was in Straight (80-82, I believe; Sarasota?)...

Thank you, thank you, thank you (for James).

I don't think many of the 80's people are still around. Ed Davis (a poster on this forum) is just about what you would expect in 'real life'. I have the dubious honor of being his classmate; and yes, he is about what you would expect.

To date, that's the only name I have recognized.

I was in Straight in 84, again, only in Atlanta. Also a big black hole in the timeline when it comes to finding folks. The 'dark ages' as it were...

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 04:07:35 AM »
Yeah, I remember coming across Ed's posts... passionate about his POV, eh?  Around that time there was also a poster baiting him who has since proved himself (herself?) to be the resident fornits troll, aka TheWho.  At the time he was posting anon, but has since seen fit to have his moniker attached to said posts.  Always wondered whether TheWho was a former Hyde student as the program ideology is pretty seriously entrenched... Maybe "he" really is just an ASR parent as "he" proclaims...  "He" has managed to sidestep the Hyde question even when asked pointblank by other posters... (all this in another fornits forum, HLA, I believe, maybe TTI).

Well, now that I know your time at Straight, I'll keep my ears open...  Think maybe Botched Programming may have overlapped with you, but I'm not sure that it was Atlanta.  Kind of tough to search these things right now, as the Search function is not fully functional yet since we've changed ISP's the last time.  You have to go into 'Google - Advanced Search' but I don't think you can isolate the search per forum, just fornits in its entirety.

What happened, if I may ask, to you during 84-87 (between Straight and Hyde)?

Offline hyde88

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 04:18:37 AM »
Yeah, I remember coming across Ed's posts... passionate about his POV, eh?  Around that time there was also a poster baiting him who has since proved himself (herself?) to be the resident fornits troll, aka TheWho.  At the time he was posting anon, but has since seen fit to have his moniker attached to said posts.  Always wondered whether TheWho was a former Hyde student as the program ideology is pretty seriously entrenched... Maybe "he" really is just an ASR parent as "he" proclaims...  "He" has managed to sidestep the Hyde question even when asked pointblank by other posters... (all this in another fornits forum, HLA, I believe, maybe TTI).

Well, now that I know your time at Straight, I'll keep my ears open...  Think maybe Botched Programming may have overlapped with you, but I'm not sure that it was Atlanta.  Kind of tough to search these things right now, as the Search function is not fully functional yet since we've changed ISP's the last time.  You have to go into 'Google - Advanced Search' but I don't think you can isolate the search per forum, just fornits in its entirety.

What happened, if I may ask, to you during 84-87 (between Straight and Hyde)?

Well, I tossed around for awhile. It took awhile to get over Straight (I went in when I was 12) and by the time I looked up, I was heading off to Bath, Maine. Oddly enough, even Malcolm Gauld commented that it was remarkable that I was able to survive Straight.

In a strange twist of fate, after college I immediately moved to New England...guess where...Bath, Maine

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 04:28:53 AM »
Well, I tossed around for awhile. It took awhile to get over Straight (I went in when I was 12) and by the time I looked up, I was heading off to Bath, Maine. Oddly enough, even Malcolm Gauld commented that it was remarkable that I was able to survive Straight.

In a strange twist of fate, after college I immediately moved to New England...guess where...Bath, Maine

Holy canoli, pretty close to sleeping with the enemy, eh?  Or, are you??!

I don't think Malcom has a clue as to what Straight was really about.  He's seeing it through program blinkers and only looking at the superficial differences between the two.  He's in a certain amount of denial about the element of mindfuckery.

When I knew him, he still had a full head of hair, and that head was not attached to feet residing firmly on the ground.  Or maybe it really was, as per different criteria than I would have chosen.  He certainly pulls in a better salary than I do.  Maybe that is where it's at for him.

Offline hyde88

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 04:40:10 AM »
Well, I am not too close (I don't live there anymore) :-).

The Gauld's  have always been financially stable, at least as far as I know.

Malcolm will be forever Malcolm, the idiot son of a tyrant. I was never quite convinced he actually wanted to run the school, marry Laura etc. I think it was just a matter of him not being able to do anything else. Joe was always king, Joe was always the 'prophet'.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 05:11:00 AM »
Well, I am not too close (I don't live there anymore) :-).

The Gauld's  have always been financially stable, at least as far as I know.

Malcolm will be forever Malcolm, the idiot son of a tyrant. I was never quite convinced he actually wanted to run the school, marry Laura etc. I think it was just a matter of him not being able to do anything else. Joe was always king, Joe was always the 'prophet'.

Interesting choice of words.  

See, in my time, Laura Denton was groomed for this job.  She was the most publicly sympathetic personality who could suck in the public with the possible exception of Michelle Correa.  

But Michelle was not stable.  She had glamor, could generate irresistible interest, but she could turn on Hyde and disappoint by seeing to her own interests and needs... which she did, upon leaving Hyde, and ultimately died in a motorcycle accident, from what I hear.

Joanne Wingood was another candidate, but too no nonsense, and had no interest in Malcolm anyway.  Note that she did go on to head Hyde - DC for a time, and is now, from what I understand, head of Hyde - Bronx.

Laura bought the spiel, expressed herself passionately, albeit with a much more limited vocabulary at that time, and was reasonably emotionally stable.  She was perfect.

I remember that my first impression of Malcolm was that of a well-meaning do-gooder.  He was still at Bowdoin, or perhaps had just graduated, and had not a headmaster-oriented thought rattling around in his skull.  He was more interested in hanging around with his pals than entertaining any thoughts re. following his father's footsteps.  I find your impression of his ambiguity utterly believable.

Pray tell, what caused you to return to Bath?  Did the school wave a flag of 'golden opportunity' in your direction?  I did know someone from my time, who accepted such a flag for a summer, and who was quite disappointed with the reality of that political climate.  It did not comport with their impression of what Hyde was all about.  But then, they had not experienced it like some of us did, they being one of the 'chosen ones' at the time...

Offline Jesus H Christ

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 06:49:59 AM »
Malcolm, the idiot son of a tyrant.

He is not the sharpest bulb in the knife draw, but idiot may be a little harsh.   If I could nail a quarter mil  a year running my Dad's business I would do it in a heart beat.

You have Joe near on the money.  I would add "petty" to tyrant just because I am a vindictive son of a bitch.
sk and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.