Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Hyde Schools

pete gregory is a douch bag

<< < (2/5) > >>

Ursus:

--- Quote from: ""hyde88"" ---Pete Gregory was a student that was a contemporary of mine. His buddy, Bob Felt, was another one of the 'special' students. Both did Post graduate years, (ie 5 years at Hyde) and were welcomed back with open arms after their 'career' paths didn't quite work out.

For the record, both Pete and Bob were 'children' of Gary Kent (dead football and lacrosse coach). I would assume they either are teaching or coaching. Most likely both.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: ""hyde88"" ---Also, I was the roommate of James Roman, whom I believe is still the only student to actually die at Hyde. He was 14 years old and had a brain annaerism and died on a Sunday.

There was, at one time, a tree planted in his honor right in front of the gym. It has since been removed (I know, because I go back to Maine regularly). I am not sure where it ended up.
--- End quote ---

I did know Gary Kent.  He started teaching at Hyde somewhat around my time.  He was a good sort who earnestly tried to make a difference (I thought).  To be honest with you, I don't think he could fully comprehend the evil he was up against.  Maybe I was wrong, I never did talk to him much as life was pretty much hell for me at that point.

I am curious about the brain aneurysm.  You know sometimes these things happen, it has to do with the particulars and idiosyncrasies of the vascular networks in the brain, but often there are some warning signs beforehand, when intervention and medical assistance can still save a kid's life...  There was a kid at Elan that died that way.  Elan had this thing called "the Ring," where kids had to duke it out and some poor bloke just wasn't taken seriously in the aftermath... 'till he was carted away in an ambulance and never came back.

hyde88:

--- Quote from: ""Ursus"" ---
--- Quote from: ""hyde88"" ---Pete Gregory was a student that was a contemporary of mine. His buddy, Bob Felt, was another one of the 'special' students. Both did Post graduate years, (ie 5 years at Hyde) and were welcomed back with open arms after their 'career' paths didn't quite work out.

For the record, both Pete and Bob were 'children' of Gary Kent (dead football and lacrosse coach). I would assume they either are teaching or coaching. Most likely both.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: ""hyde88"" ---Also, I was the roommate of James Roman, whom I believe is still the only student to actually die at Hyde. He was 14 years old and had a brain annaerism and died on a Sunday.

There was, at one time, a tree planted in his honor right in front of the gym. It has since been removed (I know, because I go back to Maine regularly). I am not sure where it ended up.
--- End quote ---

I did know Gary Kent.  He started teaching at Hyde somewhat around my time.  He was a good sort who earnestly tried to make a difference (I thought).  To be honest with you, I don't think he could fully comprehend the evil he was up against.  Maybe I was wrong, I never did talk to him much as life was pretty much hell for me at that point.

I am curious about the brain aneurysm.  You know sometimes these things happen, it has to do with the particulars and idiosyncrasies of the vascular networks in the brain, but often there are some warning signs beforehand, when intervention and medical assistance can still save a kid's life...  There was a kid at Elan that died that way.  Elan had this thing called "the Ring," where kids had to duke it out and some poor bloke just wasn't taken seriously in the aftermath... 'till he was carted away in an ambulance and never came back.
--- End quote ---

Well, to be fair, James (after the autopsy) was revealed to have an enlarged heart. According to the medical folks, that pumped too much blood to his brain, which caused the condition.

He was on scholarship, from NY and he was a great and bright kid. I will always remember him and that day at Hyde. It's ironic that in all these posts on this forum, I have yet to read his name once. BTW, Hyde sponsors a Basketball tournament in his name.

Small compensation.

Ursus:

--- Quote from: ""hyde88"" ---Well, to be fair, James (after the autopsy) was revealed to have an enlarged heart. According to the medical folks, that pumped too much blood to his brain, which caused the condition.

He was on scholarship, from NY and he was a great and bright kid. I will always remember him and that day at Hyde. It's ironic that in all these posts on this forum, I have yet to read his name once. BTW, Hyde sponsors a Basketball tournament in his name.

Small compensation.
--- End quote ---

Well, thanks to you, his name is now immortalized for as long as fornits exists, James Roman, James Roman, James Roman...

For some reason, the 1980's crowd doesn't seem to come here much, or at least of late, or perhaps yet...  Well, there is Lars, and he does come back intermittently, but he hasn't touched base for a few months now.  Sometimes the younger crowd blazes through, but usually briefly; I think they have spots on MySpace and Facebook and Xanga that are more to their liking, but they don't post for long on those either.

I think perhaps you need to be of a certain age, ha! ...or have experienced a certain trauma level, to want to commit to posting about it/figuring it all out long-term...

BTW, have you checked out the Straight, Inc. Veterans forum here on fornits yet?  Did you know 85DayJerk (Bob) during your time at Atlanta?  And... I am guessing that you must know that Ginger was in Straight (80-82, I believe; Sarasota?)...

hyde88:

--- Quote from: ""Ursus"" ---
--- Quote from: ""hyde88"" ---Well, to be fair, James (after the autopsy) was revealed to have an enlarged heart. According to the medical folks, that pumped too much blood to his brain, which caused the condition.

Small compensation.
--- End quote ---

Well, thanks to you, his name is now immortalized for as long as fornits exists, James Roman, James Roman, James Roman...

For some reason, the 1980's crowd doesn't seem to come here much, or at least of late, or perhaps yet...  Well, there is Lars, and he does come back intermittently, but he hasn't touched base for a few months now.  Sometimes the younger crowd blazes through, but usually briefly; I think they have spots on MySpace and Facebook and Xanga that are more to their liking, but they don't post for long on those either.

I think perhaps you need to be of a certain age, ha! ...or have experienced a certain trauma level, to want to commit to posting about it/figuring it all out long-term...

BTW, have you checked out the Straight, Inc. Veterans forum here on fornits yet?  Did you know 85DayJerk (Bob) during your time at Atlanta?  And... I am guessing that you must know that Ginger was in Straight (80-82, I believe; Sarasota?)...
--- End quote ---

Thank you, thank you, thank you (for James).

I don't think many of the 80's people are still around. Ed Davis (a poster on this forum) is just about what you would expect in 'real life'. I have the dubious honor of being his classmate; and yes, he is about what you would expect.

To date, that's the only name I have recognized.

I was in Straight in 84, again, only in Atlanta. Also a big black hole in the timeline when it comes to finding folks. The 'dark ages' as it were...

Ursus:
Yeah, I remember coming across Ed's posts... passionate about his POV, eh?  Around that time there was also a poster baiting him who has since proved himself (herself?) to be the resident fornits troll, aka TheWho.  At the time he was posting anon, but has since seen fit to have his moniker attached to said posts.  Always wondered whether TheWho was a former Hyde student as the program ideology is pretty seriously entrenched... Maybe "he" really is just an ASR parent as "he" proclaims...  "He" has managed to sidestep the Hyde question even when asked pointblank by other posters... (all this in another fornits forum, HLA, I believe, maybe TTI).

Well, now that I know your time at Straight, I'll keep my ears open...  Think maybe Botched Programming may have overlapped with you, but I'm not sure that it was Atlanta.  Kind of tough to search these things right now, as the Search function is not fully functional yet since we've changed ISP's the last time.  You have to go into 'Google - Advanced Search' but I don't think you can isolate the search per forum, just fornits in its entirety.

What happened, if I may ask, to you during 84-87 (between Straight and Hyde)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version