Author Topic: about the lawsuit  (Read 11470 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
about the lawsuit
« on: August 22, 2007, 08:22:52 AM »
did you hear that the lawsuit was not classed by the Judge? That stinks!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
about the lawsuit
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 08:23:51 AM »
Dear Colleague and Friends of HLA:

As you are all aware this has been a most difficult past year due to the lawsuit filed against Hidden Lake Academy.  Judge William O'Kelley has recently issued an Order dismissing without prejudice the plaintiffs' motion for class certification. HLA had prior to this Order agreed to a settlement agreement rather than be faced with the time and expense of litigation and a possible appeal by the plaintiffs.  It is important for HLA, our families, and our referral sources to put this entire matter in the past.

Our focus has remained steadfast on the students and our program throughout this past year.  We have added some new developmental aspects to our program which are very exciting.  We appreciate your faith in our school, and we want you to know your confidence in our school and staff is well placed.

Sincerely,

Len Buccellato, Ph.D.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
about the lawsuit
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 09:03:05 AM »
He's trying to manipulate again. There's only 45 kids left at that school and he's trying to get paid a rosey picture of that hell hole.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
about the lawsuit
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 09:25:28 AM »
Yeah.  I would wait until any offcial announcement.  You know how his words to parent often contradict what's said in court... but that's pretty typical... Idiot program ppl think they can change the facts simply by stating what they want enough (sadly, sometimes it works on idiots and the mainstream media).

Well...  time will tell.  hopefully this is a ruse.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
about the lawsuit
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 09:31:59 AM »
I love what he says about the "referral sources" putting the matter in the past. Let those "referral sources" keep sending kids there and see how fast their butts get hauled into court.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
about the lawsuit
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 09:55:20 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
I love what he says about the "referral sources" putting the matter in the past. Let those "referral sources" keep sending kids there and see how fast their butts get hauled into court.

Why would anyone go to court for referring?  Sounds like thewhole thing was thrown out.
 ::hatter::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
about the lawsuit
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 10:23:08 AM »

Why would anyone go to court for referring?  Sounds like thewhole thing was thrown out.

A paid professional referral source, such as an educational consultant, has an ethical as well as a legal responsibility to refer a client to the most appropriate program.  A school that accepts pedophiles - and there is documented proof that HLA has - is not a school any sane referring professional would recommend to a client without fear of legal reprisal.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
about the lawsuit
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 10:38:04 AM »

No, no, no, friend.  Not at all.  If the email is true, it was dismissed without prejudice meaning it can be brought again.

Now, let me educate you from in insider's perspective.  By the time the "agreement in principle" to settle had been drafted, the plaintiffs were demanding a trial and no settlement.  This actually furthers the goals of plaintiffs and opens HLA to much more legal jeopardy; to wit dozens of individual lawsuits and a new class action more widely drawn including abuse and neglect in addition to fraud.

This, although spun as positive by Len, is a disaster for HLA who can now not "get off the hook" without admission of wrongdoing and a meager class settlement.  

Now Len will face numerous individual lawsuits for millions of dollars which he will have to pay to defend individually - each and every one.  One or more will likely be successful and include admission of wrondoing and hefty penalties for injuries and punitive damages.

This is the nightmare scenario Len was looking to avoid.  In my opinion, this is the final nail in the coffin for HLA.  David Sullivan, if you're legitimate, you should smell the blood in the water right now...
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
about the lawsuit
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 12:17:58 PM »
I think there has been some confusion.  The LAWSUIT was not dismissed without prejudice.  The MOTION TO CERTIFY CLASS was dismissed without prejudice.  The case will still go on.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
about the lawsuit
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 12:25:03 PM »
Thanks for clarifying.  Either way, this becomes a horror show for Len.  No easy settlement, suit progressing, discovery to come soon - the skeletons will be tumbling out of the closets at HLA...
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
about the lawsuit
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 12:34:17 PM »
Thanks for clarifying.  Either way, this becomes a horror show for Len.  No easy settlement, suit progressing, discovery to come soon - the skeletons will be tumbling out of the closets at HLA...

So they are not moving forward with the class action suit?  Each person has to bring suit individually.
I think this is what it means

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
about the lawsuit
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 01:06:09 PM »

So they are not moving forward with the class action suit?  Each person has to bring suit individually.
I think this is what it means

Your right, I believe I read that HLA offered to settle and this was rejected.  Now the class has been thrown out each person will have to sue individually.  90% of all cases are settled before they reach trial and trying to sue someone from out of state is very expensive so only a few well heeled families will persue this.  If word gets out that HLA settled out of court the wolves will be lined up at the door for their share, so you wont see HLA offering individual settlements.  Since the trial will be set in HLA’s home turf they can stretch it out for years.  If the first outcome isn’t in favor of the plantiff the others will drop out behind them.
Seems HLA got themselves off the hook this time

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
about the lawsuit
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 01:26:20 PM »
The class has not been thrown out. You are mis-informed.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
about the lawsuit
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 02:26:57 PM »
what the hell does that email have to do with the class getting thrown out? ya'll should know bucci is a professional spindoctor.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
about the lawsuit
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2007, 03:06:12 PM »
The class has not been thrown out. You are mis-informed.

one can call the County Clerk Gainesville
678-450-2760. Case # 2:06-CV-0146 (WCO). Sadly, I just confirmed it myself.