Author Topic: Naymz censors me  (Read 3741 times)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Naymz censors me
« on: August 03, 2007, 05:27:38 PM »
http://www.naymz.com/search/michael/crawford/985343

Get it while  it's hot (and still there)

Naymz removed Sue, PURE, and Isabelle's names from my profile, as well as keywords.  This is my response in an open letter:

Quote from: ""my naymz profile as of the time of this post""
I have a lot of different interests, most of which revolve around shutting down the so-called "troubled teen industry" and those who support it. Whether it be WWASP, CAICA, NATSAP, PURE, Aspen... As far as I'm concerned, it's all gotta go.

To Naymz Support: Please contact me before editing my profile without my permission again. I have not violated the terms of service, and if there is a complaint about something I have said, don't you think I deserve some sort of due process... or at least a notification.

I realize that you are an organization that attempts to separate truth from lie by getting people to vouch for each other. Others vouch for me, and if you wish I will submit a signed statement (under penalty of perjury) to you stating that my profile information is accurate. PURE is a very much a member of the troubled teen industry. That is a fact and I can document it at length if you wish. There is no danger to you. As I understand it, service providers are not responsible for the content of their users:

See here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/2 ... 244724.htm

"Specifically, 47 U.S.C. ยง 230(c)(1) states, 'No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider.'"

That has been tested again and again and again in court. All you claim to care about is whether or not my profile information is accurate. You have a system set up with which profile members can vouch for each-other to maintain that accuracy. I would have thought that if an issue were serious enough for Naymz to step in, you would have at least bothered to verify whether or the allegations of innacuracy had merit. Proving that PURE is a member of the so-called "troubled teen industry" is a very simple matter and I can do it with a few court documents.

I work as an advocate against the above mentioned industry. To neglect mentioning members of that industry would be tantamount to censorship -- not to mention participation, however indirect in one of the greatest social injustices of this century.

If Sue Scheff, or Isabelle Zehnder (whose name you removed from my profile, I assume on her request) have problems with me, she can take it up with me personally, and let the courts decide if she wish to take it in that direction (although I doubt she would since I could easily prove truth).
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Naymz censors me
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 05:43:40 PM »
Unbelievable!  Now NAYMZ is trying to custom fit your "profile" to the demands/expectations of two people named Sue Scheff and Isabelle Zehnder?

This bullshit has to stop!  Your response was spot-on Psy.  Well done!

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Naymz censors me
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 05:46:13 PM »
I also, personally emailed a copy of the email to Tom Drugan, Naymz co-founder.  If I get censored again. I will post his email here so you guys show him how you feel about sue.
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Carey

• View Profile
Naymz censors me
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 06:29:16 PM »
Psy,

Naymz made me make changes too.  I just removed their names and linked to a page with more information.  This is on my naymz page which then links to

http://suescheffvcareybock.blogspot.com/

I am the victim of a "slapp suit" by an individual who profits off of the placement of teens into the unregulated and risky "teen help" industry. I was sued by this individual for defamation of character. She seems to think I don't have a right to tell my story. I feel I do have that right.

The individual who sued me has been involved in numerous legal battles. She has litigated over 7 cases alone in the State of Florida and at least one other in the state of Utah. The fact that this one woman alone could be invovled in so much litigation raises red flags about her character.

Here are just a few facts about my case and why it is suspect.

I think it is important to know that there are no transcripts from this case. The plantiff chose not to have a court reporter record what transpired in the court room. "No transcripts of this "trial" is shocking for several reasons, not the least of which is there is no record of witness testimony, assuming the plainfiff called any".

Why would someone pursue such a case and not want transcripts of what they claim to be their case, their evidence? Why would she not want a record of what she "proved" in court? Could it be she committed purjery and she doesn't want there to be a record of it? Could it be that the "evidence" that she claims was submitted may have been tampered with? I think this issue raises a whole lot of questions that need to be answered. I also think she probably has a lot to hide. I think it is obvious, what she chooses not to disclose, such as the facts presented in court, that make her suspect.

Also it is important to note that there was no defense presented because I was not aware that the case had been scheduled for trial. I am not using Hurricane Katrina as an excuse for what I believe to be true about the plaintiff and her company. I have evidence to back up my beliefs. All I want is the opportunity to present that evidence.

This law suit is an attempt to silence me. the plaintiff does not want the public to know the truth about her, her company and this unregulated industry that she promotes for profit.

To learn more about my story follow the link below.

Offline Bunnie

• View Profile
Naymz censors me
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 06:33:22 PM »
To Psy and Carey.
I am behind you 100%,  :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Naymz censors me
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 10:32:15 AM »
I can' believe they did that.  Can't wait for chapter 2 "The Response".

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
Naymz censors me
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 10:34:12 AM »
Sue and Izzy haven't had to change their pages yet?
am the metal pig.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Naymz censors me
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007, 10:35:56 AM »
I thought they received warnings to change their pages too?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Naymz censors me
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2007, 11:09:26 AM »
What is the point in using NAYMZ if one is going to be subject to censorship because someone doesn't like what's in their profile?

What happened to the brave new world of cyberland?  It seems like it has been invaded by reputation-defenders-for-hire and other entities who specialize in manipulating the truth through suppression tactics.

What's next?  Where does it end?

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Naymz censors me
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2007, 11:33:52 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
What is the point in using NAYMZ if one is going to be subject to censorship because someone doesn't like what's in their profile?

What happened to the brave new world of cyberland?  It seems like it has been invaded by reputation-defenders-for-hire and other entities who specialize in manipulating the truth through suppression tactics.

What's next?  Where does it end?

shit like this happens.  Soon enough, Google is going to catch on and send em all to "Google Hell"

Offline Carey

• View Profile
Naymz censors me
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2007, 12:27:45 PM »
I am going to start blogging.  I have a right to tell my story.   I do not have to remain silent about what has happened.

I am not the cause of all of Sue's troubles.   The cause of Sue's troubles lies within her own actions.

http://suescheffsuescheffsuescheff.blogspot.com/

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Naymz censors me
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2007, 12:32:16 PM »
Quote from: ""Carey""
I am going to start blogging.  I have a right to tell my story.   I do not have to remain silent about what has happened.

I am not the cause of all of Sue's troubles.   The cause of Sue's troubles lies within her own actions.

http://suescheffsuescheffsuescheff.blogspot.com/

damn right!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Naymz censors me
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2007, 05:13:45 PM »
I am going to start blogging. I have a right to tell my story. I do not have to remain silent about what has happened

Do it Carey!!!!!!!!  Don't let that cow have the last word.  Moooo

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Naymz censors me
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2007, 05:29:24 PM »
Carey, perhaps you should link to the lawsuit against Sue Scheff, PURE, Focal Point et al that was recently filed in Broward County from your blogs?  This is public record.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Naymz censors me
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2007, 05:33:47 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Carey, perhaps you should link to the lawsuit against Sue Scheff, PURE, Focal Point et al that was recently filed in Broward County from your blogs?  This is public record.

I agree that she should mention it, however any information of value may be difficult to come by giving that the case is ongoing...