Author Topic: Thanks to all who helped in the move!  (Read 2617 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Thanks to all who helped in the move!
« on: August 06, 2007, 10:51:52 AM »
You guys are great!!  All your hard work is most appreciated!!

:nworthy:  :nworthy:  :nworthy:  ::cheers::  ::cheers::  ::drummer::   ::rocker::  ::rocker::  ::seg::  ::seg::  ::cheers::  ::cheers::  ::cheers::
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 11:00:12 AM »
Fornits is zipping along like it hasn't since before the upgrade from the old software a couple years back. Total quickness! Pages are opening at lightning speed (it's running like a site that doesn't have a lot of crap loading with it or whatever)!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 02:46:40 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 11:06:35 AM »
You're right.  Hey, maybe we actually owe Sue and Izzy a thank you on this one.  They're responsible for the New and Improved Fornits.

:D  :D  :D

Offline Mummie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 01:49:27 PM »
I love this new and improved Fornits.  Not having to wait for the pages to change is awesome.  I think I can even type faster without having to wait for the text to catch up to my keystrokes.  Thanks all!
quot;You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.\"  -Eric Hoffer- (1902-83)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 05:32:58 PM »
Awesome

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 10:06:58 AM »
ok this was a thread to thank people right? k just checking.  we can start a whine and bitch and complain about the "past" thread if you want.

id like to thank psy... and someone who shall remain nameless and id like to thank netfirms for being idiots and wasting my last 8 hours trying to solve a problem they created but failed to inform us of. THANKS!

I am definitely pleased with the speed, i actually knew and proclaimed that  php and mysql were not going to run nearly as fast on windows as unix.  you do what you can with what you got or u can complain and moan and bitch and then celebrate when its all better, til something else breaks of course.   i think the masses would have much chappier asses had fornits been down for 7 months.  so feel free to tell someone who gives a damn. we've moved so let's move the fuck on.

Thanks that is all. I think i shall get some sleep. Have a beautiful day. And im not bitter, really! LOL  I'm just a BEYOTCH!  Oh and Sue can kiss my ass.  We shouldnt thank them for a faster server we should thank them for doing what someone would have eventually. Running us the fuck out of a censor ridden country like the good ole USofA.   FREEDOM - It's all on your mind! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
RIP Steve Matthews and all those we have lost along the way!

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 10:14:53 AM »
Quote from: ""Froderik""
Fornits is zipping along like it hasn't since before the upgrade from the old software a couple years back. Total quickness! Pages are opening at lightning speed (it's running like a site that doesn't have a lot of crap loading with it or weird bandwidth issues)!

no actually it had nothing to do with bandwidth and no more crap is loading it's LIKE  "a unix server running php and mysql" or shall we say things always work best when they are in their "natural" environment. It's really that simple.  Run a site built in a native windows language w/ mssql server, as an example,  its not going to be slow unless you suck at programming or have a shit computer.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 12:08:49 PM »
Quote from: ""webdiva""
k just checking.  we can start a whine and bitch and complain about the "past" thread if you want.

Nah, that's ok...seems like you're doing just fine all by yourself!

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 01:20:09 PM »
Quote from: ""Froderik""
k just checking.  we can start a whine and bitch and complain about the "past" thread if you want.
Nah, that's ok...seems like you're doing just fine all by yourself!

well fuck yeah i mean the thread starts off thanking me and a few people and turns into nothing but complaining about basically me and the slow ass server. other then the first post thats kind of a fucked way to thank someone but hey what do i know. maybe that's just YOUR way of showing appreciation lol

had it been a "we are gone from the slow ass server thread" i woulda says FUCK YEAH!! but considering where it started and what it ended up as, I  was a little let down as i read through it, I must say.  so i think i have reason to bitch a bit.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 01:28:49 PM »
I think you're reading way too much into what was posted.  I didn't see any complaints.  People were happy about the New and Improved Fornits, that's all.

Offline *

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 01:30:45 PM »
Thanks to those who keep fornits up and running on a daily basis!  In cases like this most people would want to jump ship, close down the forum and move on.  Thanks to those folks who refuse to be strong armed into changing their belief in free speech and refuse to remain quiet about the atrocities in this industry. To webdiva, psy,tsw, rachel and all others who participated in quickly bringing fornits back.  Thank you to Ginger for not bowing down to the gulag queen.
eople, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms.  As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands; one for helping yourself, and the other for helping others. -Audrey Hepburn

Offline Energizer Bunny

• View Profile
    • http://www.hell.com
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 02:04:57 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
I think you're reading way too much into what was posted.  I didn't see any complaints.  People were happy about the New and Improved Fornits, that's all.

im sure i am considering all i have to go on is the words in the posts and 2 hours sleep. and i simply expressed my frustration. done, not a huge deal.
TheWho smells like butt.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 02:55:35 PM »
well fuck yeah i mean the thread starts off thanking me and a few people and turns into nothing but complaining about basically me and the slow ass server. other then the first post thats kind of a fucked way to thank someone but hey what do i know. maybe that's just YOUR way of showing appreciation lol

had it been a "we are gone from the slow ass server thread" i woulda says FUCK YEAH!! but considering where it started and what it ended up as, I  was a little let down as i read through it, I must say.  so i think i have reason to bitch a bit.

Sorry, I didn't mean for that remark to chap your ass like it did. I really didn't. Yes, and it sounds like if others would have listened to you concerning the incompatibility issue at the outset, it would have been better all along..? Hell, I don't know...who knows. And I wonder if that google analytic shit was slowing things down at all, too... Fuck if I know, what do you think about that? Anyway thank you, o furry one..you know we love you!