Author Topic: Rocklyn Academy(Canada)  (Read 42612 times)

Offline ticked

• View Profile
Re: Rocklyn Academy(Canada)
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2010, 10:24:10 AM »
I am so sorry you experienced this Bridget. The same stories keep coming out of this place. Its beyond appalling. Have you or your parents contacted a lawyer? Document everything you can-get a hold of medical records relating to your injuries and illnesses from the hospital or local dr office. Make sure you document each case and the name of the person who refused seeking treatment when you were ill or watched you undress or watched you shower or forced you to clean up other people tampons or vomit. File a report with the OPP Grey Bruce detachment and call your MPP.
 http://centraleastontario.cioc.ca/record/GBA2427

Call the Ontario Child Advocate Office.
1-800-263-2841 or 416-325-5669

Let your parents know they weren't the only ones scammed. My daughter's experience was much as you've described it. I suggest removing your private email, and communicate through private pms here-its an open board and you must be careful to keep name and details private. You may end up with rocklyn staff emailing. You might want to check the rocklyn girls facebook site and see if anyone is having any luck with legal aspects.

Here is a search of other posts on rocklyn-keep scrolling down.
search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=rocklyn&start=60
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline christineb1979

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2010, 01:40:50 AM »
Oh this still school a real one or a scam???
Some tips for a dog trainer: weimaraner training tips and weimaraner puppy training.

Offline juliacardinal

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2011, 10:43:51 AM »
hello i went to rocklyn academy for two years i have read these forums.
i am still in contact with many of the rocklyn students i was there with.
we have been trying to get our word out for so long and finally rocklyn academy is supposedly closed down for violation of human rights.
my contact info is [email protected] if anyone is suing rocklyn academy i know my parents and almost every other would go to court to put them under.

rocklyn academy did nothing but make us monsters. it was up to us after we got out to do well or not. "therapy" my ass. the only benefits i got from rocklyn were easy grades, a toned body from being forced to work out monday to friday after classes.

i came out of rocklyn worse than i had come in.
putting a group of "troubled" girls, listing from skipping school, to prostitution did nothing but teach eachother

rocklyn academy is worse than VANIER (female detention center).

my parents paid 60 thousand to put me in rocklyn because i was skipping school at an early age (13). i was in and out of rocklyn for i was successful to run away twice. i left rocklyn at the age of 15. when i had left rocklyn, i was more knowledged about drugs, sex, etc than i was when i got in. prior to completing rocklyn, my parents put me in a 30 day treatment center called youthdale which was paid by the government and i am 18 today and am better than i was when i had left rocklyn, thanks to youthdale. all our parents were brain washed.

my dad found rocklyn academy off this one man who "helped parents find the right boarding school for their kids"

thru my research, many of the girls who were at rocklyn's parents had met with him prior to putting their daughter into that hell hole.

he's in partnership with bob and dale.

many of the teachers know how wrong the place was

CORRUPT!

dale wore fur coats and had new surgery done almost every week!

must be nice getting paid to cage young women
 ::OMG::

:jawdrop:

Offline juliacardinal

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2011, 10:57:52 AM »
it was a WWE cage full of troubled PMSING heartbroken girls

it was like we are dogs at the humane society and if we were bad we would be threatened with "put down" or should i say, WILDERNESS

WILDNERNESS was a program you had to wear jump suits and hike in groups up a mountain for months with backpack and beans and no contact of the outside world.

fuck just imagine, they had to find something worse than rocklyn = wildnerness

pft

one girl from niagra falls stabbed director whats her face the tall one with scissors, she rather be in jail than rocklyn.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2011, 04:33:25 PM »
Quote from: "juliacardinal "
...we have been trying to get our word out for so long and finally rocklyn academy is supposedly closed down for violation of human rights.
my contact info is http://www.rocklynacademy.com/
http://www.rocklynacademy.ca/
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2011, 03:40:28 AM »
Vi have no access to the .ca site. Maybe they have noticed that we have made the Fornits Wiki page and wants us to stop looking them over their shoulder.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2011, 06:56:12 PM »
Quote from: "Oscar"
Vi have no access to the .ca site. Maybe they have noticed that we have made the Fornits Wiki page and wants us to stop looking them over their shoulder.
It's not just you. I myself get a 403. I suspect that it may just be their old website or one only accessible to enrolled families, but, since I found it on a few references, I included it just in case...

Fwiw, Internet Archive doesn't have any pages of it either.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2011, 08:02:42 PM »
Still no news or confirmation? Struggling Teens is remarkably quiet 'bout this as well...

Offline tryingtohelp

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2011, 07:12:55 PM »
I have the confirmation it was shut down. Here's a link the the Ministry of Education's list of Private Schools that have ceased operation http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/general/el ... losed.html

It isn't on the list of schools that had their credit granting ability revoked so I don't know why it closed.

Also, if anyone is interested, I'm a law student. Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer yet, I am not allowed to give legal advice and I cannot represent anyone until I am a lawyer. However, if anyone is interested in taking legal action I'm happy to help search for what's available and what can be done, and I'm surrounded by law professors and lawyers who can give legal advice and who can represent people. I will do whatever I can to help.

If anyone is interested in this type of assistance feel free to message me.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Rocklyn Academy confirmed CLOSED
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2011, 11:17:24 PM »
Thank you, tryingtohelp! Here's the relevant portion copied from that page (it's #24 on the list):

Ontario Ministry of EDUCATION
    ADMINISTRATORS

Private Elementary and Secondary Schools

Schools that have ceased operation
    For school year 2010-11

· · ·

Rocklyn Academy, School No.: 878715
      Lot 22, Sideroad 22, Conc.# 7, EM# 725807
      Meaford, ON  N4L 1W6
      Principal: Robert Shaw
      Owner: Robert Shaw [/list][/list]

Offline Canuckchick

• View Profile
      « Reply #55 on: October 03, 2011, 04:47:39 PM »
      I actually live about a km away from this "school" and for all those who suffered abuse there you will be happy to know that it was closed last year. Although it is for sale it has started to fall apart due to the fact no one is taking care of it. I never knew why it was closed but it's rather disturbing to find out all this abuse happened there. Knowing what I know now I'm glad they closed it.