Author Topic: Rocklyn Academy(Canada)  (Read 42572 times)

Offline lexxcanada

• View Profile
Re: Rocklyn Academy(Canada)
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2010, 01:03:53 PM »
I got out of that shit hole 5 months ago. my parents told me i was going out to look at horses, as i am a horseback rider. i was told many lies upon walking in. my first reponse, 'you've got to be f***ing kidding me' and i walked out.there was a cop waiting for me, i refused to eat or drink for 4 days, i tried to escape but the police found me, luckly i dont have a record and i could fake cry to use the phone. not even my mother would pick me up due to the lies those fuckers told her.  Darryel is a liar! COURT COURT COURT COURT COURT!
SCAMMING PARENTS WHO DONT KNOW WHERE TO TURN IS A DISPICABLE ACT OF GREED! I WISH NOTHING BUT A SNOWPLOW TO HIT HIM!
ALSO! playing therapist with girls who are ready to make a riot, escape, or let shit hit the fan, is completely ricduclouse! the only 'therapist' on sight for our "'opptional'" (bullshit) sessions ONLY HAS A BACHLOR OF ARTS!!! SHE ISNT EVEN QUALIFIED TO BE A FUCKING SCHOOL COUNCILLOR !!!! JUSTICE FOR ALL GIRLS WHO SUFFERED IN THAT HELL HOLE! FOR EVERY GIRL WHO ILLIGALY GOT SHOWER SEARCHED!! FOR EVER GIRL WHO GOT TRICKED AND LEFT THERE!!! FOR EVERY DEHUMANIZING ACT THOSE MONSTERS DID TO US!

STAND UP AND FIGHT THIS PLACE!!! STAND UP FOR OURSELVES!!!! WOULD YOU EAT MOLDY SALAD? I ALMOST DID!? DID YOU HAVE TO SHOWER IN A BATHROOM WITH MOLD GROWNING ON THE WALLS? I DID!!! BLACK MOLD GROWING IN THE WINDOW CRACKS???? BOLDED DOWN AND ALARMED SO ESCAPE IS IMPOSSIBLE?  WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IN A FIRE? AND WE WERE STUCK IN A ROOM? WE WOULD ALL BURN TO DEATH!!!! STAND UP FOR EVEN BI-LAWS!!!!!! TAKING MAIL ADDRESSED TO SOMEONE ELSE IS AGAINST THE LAW! ITS CALLED STEALING!!! LETTING CHILDREN LIVE AND EAT WHERE THERE IS NOTHING BUT MOLD AND EVERYTHING IS WASHED WITH UNIDENTIFIED SUSBTANCES AND WATERED DOWN BLEACH IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!! LOCKING US LIKE CAGED ANIMALS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

WHO WILL HELP ME STOP DARREYL!!!??? STAND UP FOR YOUR RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS!!!!!!     NO ONE CAN TAKE OUR FREEDOM OF SPEACH AWAY! WHY CAN THEY DO IT THERE!!!!?????

IF THERE IS ANYONE OUT THERE WHO CAN HELP ME BUILD A CASE MSG ME! I HAVE PICTURES OF EVERYTHING INCRIMINATING I COULD!!! PLEASE STOP DARREYL!!! PLEASE STOP JULIA!!!! SAVE THE ROCKLYN BITCHEZ!!!  

I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO TURN 18 AFTER A MONTH OF BEING THERE, BUT NOT ALL GIRLS ARE AS LUCKY!!! IV SEEN WHAT THOSE PEOPLE HAVE DRIVEN GIRLS TO DO, ONLY SO THEY CAN PUT THEM ON RAMP AGAIN!!!

IF YOU HAVE A HEART OR KNOW THE HELL THAT SCAM IS HELP US!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2010, 01:17:49 PM »
Quote from: "lexxcanada"
I got out of that shit hole 5 months ago. my parents told me i was going out to look at horses, as i am a horseback rider. i was told many lies upon walking in. my first reponse, 'you've got to be f***ing kidding me' and i walked out.there was a cop waiting for me, i refused to eat or drink for 4 days, i tried to escape but the police found me, luckly i dont have a record and i could fake cry to use the phone. not even my mother would pick me up due to the lies those fuckers told her.  Darryel is a liar! COURT COURT COURT COURT COURT!
SCAMMING PARENTS WHO DONT KNOW WHERE TO TURN IS A DISPICABLE ACT OF GREED! I WISH NOTHING BUT A SNOWPLOW TO HIT HIM!
ALSO! playing therapist with girls who are ready to make a riot, escape, or let shit hit the fan, is completely ricduclouse! the only 'therapist' on sight for our "'opptional'" (bullshit) sessions ONLY HAS A BACHLOR OF ARTS!!! SHE ISNT EVEN QUALIFIED TO BE A FUCKING SCHOOL COUNCILLOR !!!! JUSTICE FOR ALL GIRLS WHO SUFFERED IN THAT HELL HOLE! FOR EVERY GIRL WHO ILLIGALY GOT SHOWER SEARCHED!! FOR EVER GIRL WHO GOT TRICKED AND LEFT THERE!!! FOR EVERY DEHUMANIZING ACT THOSE MONSTERS DID TO US!

STAND UP AND FIGHT THIS PLACE!!! STAND UP FOR OURSELVES!!!! WOULD YOU EAT MOLDY SALAD? I ALMOST DID!? DID YOU HAVE TO SHOWER IN A BATHROOM WITH MOLD GROWNING ON THE WALLS? I DID!!! BLACK MOLD GROWING IN THE WINDOW CRACKS???? BOLDED DOWN AND ALARMED SO ESCAPE IS IMPOSSIBLE?  WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IN A FIRE? AND WE WERE STUCK IN A ROOM? WE WOULD ALL BURN TO DEATH!!!! STAND UP FOR EVEN BI-LAWS!!!!!! TAKING MAIL ADDRESSED TO SOMEONE ELSE IS AGAINST THE LAW! ITS CALLED STEALING!!! LETTING CHILDREN LIVE AND EAT WHERE THERE IS NOTHING BUT MOLD AND EVERYTHING IS WASHED WITH UNIDENTIFIED SUSBTANCES AND WATERED DOWN BLEACH IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!! LOCKING US LIKE CAGED ANIMALS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

WHO WILL HELP ME STOP DARREYL!!!??? STAND UP FOR YOUR RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS!!!!!!     NO ONE CAN TAKE OUR FREEDOM OF SPEACH AWAY! WHY CAN THEY DO IT THERE!!!!?????

IF THERE IS ANYONE OUT THERE WHO CAN HELP ME BUILD A CASE MSG ME! I HAVE PICTURES OF EVERYTHING INCRIMINATING I COULD!!! PLEASE STOP DARREYL!!! PLEASE STOP JULIA!!!! SAVE THE ROCKLYN BITCHEZ!!!  

I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO TURN 18 AFTER A MONTH OF BEING THERE, BUT NOT ALL GIRLS ARE AS LUCKY!!! IV SEEN WHAT THOSE PEOPLE HAVE DRIVEN GIRLS TO DO, ONLY SO THEY CAN PUT THEM ON RAMP AGAIN!!!

What happened after the charges of fraud against Darryl Williams in his beef marketing binnis were dropped due to "insufficient evidence?" Did he return to Rocklyn afterwards? And his wife, Anne Kossatz, is she still at Rocklyn?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline lexxcanada

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2010, 01:40:44 PM »
ya he got back. tricked my stupid ass dad. like i talked one sentance to him and i knew he was a sack of lieing crap.
everyone is still running the place. iv seen what evil people look like, the owners came by once, the only one whos gone now is that skinny redneck... who ran the res... forget her name.. never want to remember anyways.. oh janet. yah, some res staff came back and i think once left.

Offline ticked

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2010, 08:04:33 AM »
How many girls are still there?
 Did they ever forcibly keep you there? Which police force returned you, and did they know your age?

The shower search is disturbing. Especially try to document anything that happened around these events, or any other type of possible assault or forcible confinement. Put your notes in logical order, including names of staff and girls involved.

Call the  OPP and file a complaint. 1-888-310-1122

Secondly call the Child and Youth Advocate. Tell them what happened. They might be able to steer you towards a lawyer or start an investigation themselves. These guys are operating through loopholes in our system.

Child Advocate for Ontario: 416-325-5569 toll free-1-800-263-2841

This document might be helpful-there is a contact Number of the bottom.

http://www.jfcy.org/PDFs/Age_Based_Laws_May_2008.pdf

If you dad now is concerned he has been a fraud victim-though some parents realize this years later-its important to get the ball moving and now because there is a limited time in which he can sue.Good luck. I'm very sorry you went through this experience too.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 06:30:09 PM by ticked »

Offline ticked

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2010, 05:37:07 PM »
Another resource :Canadian Centre for Abuse Awareness

http://www.ccfaa.com/content.php?fcn=resources&sn=2

Offline banwana

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2010, 08:20:39 PM »
Parents:

My name is Hannah. I was at rocklyn for 6 months and got out only a few days ago. I'm 17, and i was a kid that was caught up in heartache. my parents didn't like the path they saw me heading down to, destruction and hell. so they sent me to this school in hopes id get better? sound similar ? Fact is they simply took me from one hell and placed me into another. I found it to be the most traumatic experience of my life hands down, and every day was a struggle to get through. I dont know if that sense of abandonment from my parents will ever go away, i know the mental and physical scars wont. Being finished the program and COMPLETING the program, being told i was "ready" to go home, i can honestly say looking back it was not worth it. not at all. I hardened.
i know you parents love your kids and see them struggling and slipping away, but i just lived the worst 6 months of my life. and was taught that manipulation, guilt trips, swearing, and lies were the keys to life. despite my parents wasted time, money and energy i will change for the better. but its not cause of that place, its cause i can make that decision for myself. have some faith in your kid. they need to feel you there, not be sent away.

i was so overjoyed to hear the summer program was cancelled because i would feel sick leaving the friends i made behind in the war zone, knowing what hell they'd inevitably go through every day.

parents are very optamistic going into the program, but not one (that ive seen in the 24 girls leaving) girl's parents have been at all impressed at the end. the school is unorganized and only has its own sneaky agenda.

its like "lets feed our kid to an angry gang and let them beat the crap out of her" she could die, she'll inevitably get hurt, but hey whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger? NO. wtf dont do that. dont.

also i swear like a sailor now because my environment has been constant chaos and hate for so long. so please mom and dad... google something else. not Rocklyn

Offline lexxcanada

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2010, 12:56:11 PM »
hannah i remember seeing you walk into rocklyn and thinking...she doesnt belong here... i can only imagion how everyone walked out of that shithole....
rocklyn changes people and makes them hard inside and out....
i dont trust anything my parents say and to get into a car is the worst. every cell in me screaming DONT FUCKING DO IT!!!
if i go anywhere with my rents i take my own car or tell my friends where im going and to call the cops if i dont return.
my parents dont understand why i hate them why i cant trust them and why i give as much attitude was well as  lie as much i do. anything my parents and i had is gone. like the innocence and knowing a place like rocklyn doesnt exist. it does. and people need to be warned. shutting that place comes first and formost in my books and i will personaly track down julia and darreyl and the evil people who own the place down and sue they're asses for everything they put me through.
iv never been one for cutting.. the first night there i shredded my ankle to feel enough pain to keep a clear head. to figure a way out. i tried starving myself. i tried running away. nothing will never stop rocklyn till its a smoldering pile of ashes. and i will not rest until it is.
LET ROCKLYN BURN!~

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2010, 01:34:41 PM »
hannah i remember seeing you walk into rocklyn and thinking...she doesnt belong here... i can only imagion how everyone walked out of that shithole....
i dont trust anything my parents say and to get into a car is the worst. every cell in me screaming DONT FUCKING DO IT!!!
if i go anywhere with my rents i take my own car or tell my friends where im going and to call the cops if i dont return.
my parents dont understand why i hate them why i cant trust them and why i give as much attitude was well as  lie as much i do. anything my parents and i had is gone. like the innocence and knowing a place like rocklyn doesnt exist. it does. and people need to be warned. shutting that place comes first and formost in my books and i will personaly track down julia and darreyl and the evil people who own the place down and sue they're asses for everything they put me through.
iv never been one for cutting.. the first night there i shredded my ankle to feel enough pain to keep a clear head. to figure a way out. i tried starving myself. i tried running away. nothing will never stop rocklyn till its a smoldering pile of ashes. and i will not rest until it is.
LET ROCKLYN BURN!~

This is part of what lasting damage I'm talking about.  The trust that is forever broken between the parent and child can be devastating.   As hard as it was for me to watch my 'troubled' child struggle with her issues, I knew far better than to send her off somewhere against her will.  And, lo and behold, she did find her way and has told me that it's precisely because she had to deal with most of her own natural consequences of her behaviors.  She wasn't yanked out of her life and dropped into a den of strangers, all confronting her about how "bad" she was.  She learned lessons for herself and wasn't forced to change, against her will, before she was ready to.    There's an old saying....you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make 'em drink.  Applies here.  To force kids to adopt a set of beliefs, however good the intentions are, doesn't work.  At least for any lasting effect.  Compound that with using LGATs etc. in order to accomplish these "changes" and you've got one psychologically dangerous situation.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Pile of shit

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2010, 01:47:20 PM »
[Edited by POS August 31 2010]
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 04:56:05 AM by Pile of shit »
WOW!!!

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2010, 01:56:42 PM »
Quote from: "Pile of shit"
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
LET ROCKLYN BURN!~

This is part of what lasting damage I'm talking about.  The trust that is forever broken between the parent and child can be devastating.   As hard as it was for me to watch my 'troubled' child struggle with her issues, I knew far better than to send her off somewhere against her will.  And, lo and behold, she did find her way and has told me that it's precisely because she had to deal with most of her own natural consequences of her behaviors.  She wasn't yanked out of her life and dropped into a den of strangers, all confronting her about how "bad" she was.  She learned lessons for herself and wasn't forced to change, against her will, before she was ready to.    There's an old saying....you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make 'em drink.  Applies here.  To force kids to adopt a set of beliefs, however good the intentions are, doesn't work.  At least for any lasting effect.  Compound that with using LGATs etc. in order to accomplish these "changes" and you've got one psychologically dangerous situation.

Anne I like how your labelling you're own child as "troubled" and "bad."  You scream hissy fits about labels on fornits.  lol.   :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Are you really that much of a moron?  Did you not see those words with quotes around them or are you just too stupid to understand what it means?   Did you not see that when using the word "bad" that I was referring to how she would've been labeled inside programs.  Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, I see.  Poor thing.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2010, 02:48:19 PM »

Thank you for sharing your horrible experience with us.  Sadly, most "programs" fit your description.  

We have a group of programs here in the U.S. called "Aspen Education Group" and they are being shut down left and right for everything from abuse and neglect to actually killing children.  It's sad.  Very sad.

I'm glad you're free from your tormentors at Rocklyn.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline bee_smile

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2010, 04:07:17 AM »
Hello, my name is Bridget. I attended Rocklyn Academy from April 28th 2009 to August 28th 2009 for the rest of my grade nine year.

I was caught up in the high school craze of "partying" all the time, not doing my homework, and not listening to my parents. I showed up stoned to every single one of my classes. In February I had even overdosed on T3s prescribed to me after a previous surgery in December. Due to my anxiety disorder, from the alcohol and marijuana I began to take out my anxiety on my wrist. I openly admit that I was wrong to go against my parents and participate in excessive "partying", and overdosing was just stupid, but I knew myself well enough to understand it was "teenage phase" and I thought it would soon be over, when I attempted suicide and had an epiphany that things needed to change when I was sent to Rocklyn Academy...

Tuck is the 1.50$ we are given to buy some candy or pop. You get tuck off (money off) for swearing and staff disrespect.

RAMP program:

RAMP 1- Given for repetitive inappropriate behavior, having contraband or AWOLing (away without leave, or running away) within the first week of admittance.  All clothes are taken except two sets of pajamas, two sets of "normal clothes" (normally sweats and t shirts) and uniform. Shower stuff is given to the residence office and must be asked for to use. No other girls are allowed in your room, or your room mate will get SP. Emails only once a week. All meals are eaten in bedroom. This lasts thee weeks.

RAMP 2- Given for repetitive inappropriate behavior or having contraband on RAMP 1, or violent behavior towards staff or peers. One set of pajamas, two sets of "normal clothes" (normally sweats and t shirts) and some uniform (if the girl has lots).  Shower stuff is given to the residence office and must be asked for to use. Everything extra in the room is taken out. No other girls are allowed in your room, or your room mate will get SP. You must shower early in the morning, have breakfast and finish contribution before the other girls wake up. You are not allowed to go out at the free time between snack and dinner. Emails once a week and no supervised phone call. All meals are eaten in room. This lasts two weeks.

RAMP 3- Rarely given. Given to girls who AWOL. No showers, no change of clothes, no sheets, no light bulb, no contact with anyone, no nothing. No emails, no phone calls, nothing. All meals are eaten in room. You are in complete isolation. This lasts one week.

Once you are one RAMP 3, each level of RAMP must be completed, same with RAMP 2, once that ends, you must complete RAMP 1.

Things SP is given for:
- having a girl with SP in your room
- you being on SP and having a girl in your room
- misbehaving (excessive swearing, staff disrespect, self injuring)
- not making curfew
- missing a meal
- failing a contribution

Rocklyn Academy claims to have a "healthy eating" diet, which is actually full of calories and carbohydrates. Along with the crappy menu and stressful environment, I gained 25 extra pounds that I still am working off and I have been out of the facility for 1 year and 3 days doing all I can to get my body back.

No make up, straighteners, blow dryers, curling irons, or piercings (except one lobe earings) are forbidden to be used. All of the girls that went there felt personally degraded that they were made to go to public events looking like shit, or they don't take care of themselves because they were deprived of these things. It is among Rocklyn's mottoes that girls are beautiful without the material things, but the fact is that it is now a material world and even wearing that little bit of mascara really makes you look like you respect yourself and have the decency to go out in public not looking like crap.

Being at Rocklyn Academy is a traumatic experience I will never forget. The first two weeks I was allowed to contact with my parents, phone or e-mails. Getting up every morning to have the same thing (cinnamon bagel with butter) and the 250 mL (approx.) of apple juice we were allowed each day. Then having only 10 minutes or so to clean the room, do my contribution (cleaning a part of the house or residence building) and getting into my uniform. Doing this left no time for showering in the morning. However, it's not like I was allowed anyway. My scheduled shower time was after "the base". Continuing to my first class, then to snack which was something to eat and a absolutely revolting smoothie consisting of fruit, juices, energy powder, learning powder, and fish oil. Second class and then lunch. You were punished if you did not eat lunch (as well as breakfast or dinner), normally was SP or "suspended privileges" which meant that no girl other than your room mate was allowed in your room. Third and fourth class and then "the base" for "PE class". While there it was mandatory to fill out and complete a workout sheet or more SP was given. Once we were brought back from the base on a bus that was told to parents was a "limo service" it was once again snack. An hour later, dinner. After dinner contributions again, and then 1.5 hours of mandatory study to complete homework or read. Girls were told lights out at 10 or more SP is given. The same thing happens the next day of school, and the next.

Weekends were different. Sometimes there were volunteer activities and on Fridays the leaders, prefects and head girls do their make up and head out to a restaurant for dinner and all the other girls watch "movie with a meaning". A question sheet is given out after watching the movie and if not given to the staff member, Sonya White, by Monday, SP is given. On Saturday "major room cleans" occur when we mop our floors and tidy our closets. Then a movie during the even after all contributions are completed, no movies allowed over 14A. The "major contributions" on Sundays which included things such as removing everything from cupboards and scrubbing it all down.

Emails are received on Monday and sent Tuesday, and received Thursday and sent Friday for those on the incoming level and for lead when on SP. Emails are received everyday for lead not on SP and leaders, prefects and head girls. Emails are only received by parents or siblings unless prefect or head girl. Private 15 minute phone calls are given to lead once a week, and everything above twice a week, along with the 15 minute supervised phone call. If girls are not off private phone calls after exactly 15 minutes, SP is given.

These routines are all from the traditional school year, the summer calendar is different. We get up a little later and then proceed with breakfast, contributions, uniforms. Then ILC work, snack, more ILC work, lunch, contributions, Exploring the Arts class, and then snack and free time until dinner. After dinner, again contributions. Mandatory study time remains the same, 1.5 hours to again, work on ILCs. If a field trip is being made or the Outdoor Education credit, then the daytime routine is interrupted. Weekends remain the same routine, except trips to the beach may be during the day or evening after major contributions and room checks.

That was a briefly detailed description of my (and the other girls') daily routines at Rocklyn Academy. Now, for a personal story or description of my time there.

I do not like water. I don't know why, I just don't like it. At Rocklyn you are allowed one class of juice a day and milk with lunch and dinner. Of course, during the day water is the only other option, but I just didn't drink it. I never did at home, I didn't think it would affect me. I became very ill and was no allowed to take a sick day, as Monica thought I was faking. When I was vomiting into my garbage can, the staff on duty replied with "well I'm not cleaning it up, that's not what I am getting paid for". So, me being ill, my room mate and I cleaned it up. Since I was only incoming, I was never allowed outside by myself, so I naturally just didn't go outside or get someone to go out with me during this sick period. A staff finally took me to the hospital and when I came out of the room I was extremely pale and out of breath, my breathing was very shallow and quick. When I was at the hospital I was diagnosed with extreme dehydration - and all the staff thought I was faking and ignored my illness. I was then given natural and sour lemon juice to flavour my water, which was absolutely disgusting and I wish I could have just had some juice. I was told by my parents that I would be coming home in June after being send there in August. Ecstatic to come home, my parents told me they actually did not actually know the length of my time there. Devastated, I began continuing with the routine of my past as self-injuring my wrist with whatever I found suitable. No doubt the staff found out and so did the "therapist" at the time. Addressing my problem by giving me a book of activities advising me to deal with my stress by colouring in peace circles, praying, and listening to the music on my iPod, which was taken away from me at the time, as I was on RAMP 1 for a book that illustrated the "bad things" a group of us had done such as smoking cigarettes, and drinking a Pepsi. That was my personal journal that was unknowingly removed from my room while we were at "the base". Already on RAMP 1, I had a talk with the head of Residence Life at the time, Janet Lawler about starting knew. I knew I had a bag of contraband under my bed, such as mascara, tacks, and leftover tuck. I knew myself well enough to know that I couldn't start new knowing I had all this stuff "not allowed" under my bed. I lashed out one night and handed it all in to two staff members Ana Soares and Sonya White. They completely searched my room for any other contraband. They searched all my clothes, underwear, bed sheets, and even pillow cases. I was going to be going on RAMP 2. They took all of my clothes excluding some underwear and bras, one t shirt, one pair of sweatpants, the pajamas I was wearing, and one set of uniform clothes. Not only did they take my clothes, but they took everything else extra in my room, including books, extra sheets, extra pillows, a chair and a table. Not only did they take everything of mine against my will, but they threatened to take away my light bulb. A few weeks later we went to a camp and went on a camping trip, I fell in a hole and my ankle twisted completely around and the arch of my foot swelled so largely that it was non-existent. The staff did not take me to a hospital or clinic until two weeks later and I know have permanent damage my foot (my whole bone structure shifted and the soft tissue holding the naviular bone in place ruptured and has failed to keep it up in place as an arch as it is non existent) that I have had to pay hundreds of dollars for physiotherapy, x-rays, CAT scans and orthopedics on. Not only have I had to spend lots of money, but my foot's condition has kept me from running and participating in sports since last October. This has almost ruined my dream of following in my dad's, and his dad's and so on's foot prints of going to Royal Military College in Kingston for University.

I also had SP a bunch of times and was monitored while showering, but I only got full tuck off once.

Being at Rocklyn Academy was the worst thing I have ever experienced. The daily routines are the same everyday, so repetitive that I think I may have gone a little insane. It is hard for me to talk about the experience I had living so closely with girls who fancied girls, living with no clothes, not being allowed to shower when I want, cleaning up dirty tampons, plunging someone else's shit or bulimic vomit out of the ancient toilets. My parents were told many lies and were promised health benefits by sending me to Rocklyn Academy. Those benefits were never itemized and my parents are constantly trying to contact Darryl Williams who promised these. If you have any questions for me, please contact me at [email protected].
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 04:09:49 AM by bee_smile »

Offline bee_smile

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2010, 04:07:26 AM »
Hello, my name is Bridget. I attended Rocklyn Academy from April 28th 2009 to August 28th 2009 for the rest of my grade nine year.

I was caught up in the high school craze of "partying" all the time, not doing my homework, and not listening to my parents. I showed up stoned to every single one of my classes. In February I had even overdosed on T3s prescribed to me after a previous surgery in December. Due to my anxiety disorder, from the alcohol and marijuana I began to take out my anxiety on my wrist. I openly admit that I was wrong to go against my parents and participate in excessive "partying", and overdosing was just stupid, but I knew myself well enough to understand it was "teenage phase" and I thought it would soon be over, when I attempted suicide and had an epiphany that things needed to change when I was sent to Rocklyn Academy...

Tuck is the 1.50$ we are given to buy some candy or pop. You get tuck off (money off) for swearing and staff disrespect.

RAMP program:

RAMP 1- Given for repetitive inappropriate behavior, having contraband or AWOLing (away without leave, or running away) within the first week of admittance.  All clothes are taken except two sets of pajamas, two sets of "normal clothes" (normally sweats and t shirts) and uniform. Shower stuff is given to the residence office and must be asked for to use. No other girls are allowed in your room, or your room mate will get SP. Emails only once a week. All meals are eaten in bedroom. This lasts thee weeks.

RAMP 2- Given for repetitive inappropriate behavior or having contraband on RAMP 1, or violent behavior towards staff or peers. One set of pajamas, two sets of "normal clothes" (normally sweats and t shirts) and some uniform (if the girl has lots).  Shower stuff is given to the residence office and must be asked for to use. Everything extra in the room is taken out. No other girls are allowed in your room, or your room mate will get SP. You must shower early in the morning, have breakfast and finish contribution before the other girls wake up. You are not allowed to go out at the free time between snack and dinner. Emails once a week and no supervised phone call. All meals are eaten in room. This lasts two weeks.

RAMP 3- Rarely given. Given to girls who AWOL. No showers, no change of clothes, no sheets, no light bulb, no contact with anyone, no nothing. No emails, no phone calls, nothing. All meals are eaten in room. You are in complete isolation. This lasts one week.

Once you are one RAMP 3, each level of RAMP must be completed, same with RAMP 2, once that ends, you must complete RAMP 1.

Things SP is given for:
- not making curfew
- missing a meal
- failing a contribution

Rocklyn Academy claims to have a "healthy eating" diet, which is actually full of calories and carbohydrates. Along with the crappy menu and stressful environment, I gained 25 extra pounds that I still am working off and I have been out of the facility for 1 year and 3 days doing all I can to get my body back.

No make up, straighteners, blow dryers, curling irons, or piercings (except one lobe earings) are forbidden to be used. All of the girls that went there felt personally degraded that they were made to go to public events looking like shit, or they don't take care of themselves because they were deprived of these things. It is among Rocklyn's mottoes that girls are beautiful without the material things, but the fact is that it is now a material world and even wearing that little bit of mascara really makes you look like you respect yourself and have the decency to go out in public not looking like crap.

Being at Rocklyn Academy is a traumatic experience I will never forget. The first two weeks I was allowed to contact with my parents, phone or e-mails. Getting up every morning to have the same thing (cinnamon bagel with butter) and the 250 mL (approx.) of apple juice we were allowed each day. Then having only 10 minutes or so to clean the room, do my contribution (cleaning a part of the house or residence building) and getting into my uniform. Doing this left no time for showering in the morning. However, it's not like I was allowed anyway. My scheduled shower time was after "the base". Continuing to my first class, then to snack which was something to eat and a absolutely revolting smoothie consisting of fruit, juices, energy powder, learning powder, and fish oil. Second class and then lunch. You were punished if you did not eat lunch (as well as breakfast or dinner), normally was SP or "suspended privileges" which meant that no girl other than your room mate was allowed in your room. Third and fourth class and then "the base" for "PE class". While there it was mandatory to fill out and complete a workout sheet or more SP was given. Once we were brought back from the base on a bus that was told to parents was a "limo service" it was once again snack. An hour later, dinner. After dinner contributions again, and then 1.5 hours of mandatory study to complete homework or read. Girls were told lights out at 10 or more SP is given. The same thing happens the next day of school, and the next.

Weekends were different. Sometimes there were volunteer activities and on Fridays the leaders, prefects and head girls do their make up and head out to a restaurant for dinner and all the other girls watch "movie with a meaning". A question sheet is given out after watching the movie and if not given to the staff member, Sonya White, by Monday, SP is given. On Saturday "major room cleans" occur when we mop our floors and tidy our closets. Then a movie during the even after all contributions are completed, no movies allowed over 14A. The "major contributions" on Sundays which included things such as removing everything from cupboards and scrubbing it all down.

Emails are received on Monday and sent Tuesday, and received Thursday and sent Friday for those on the incoming level and for lead when on SP. Emails are received everyday for lead not on SP and leaders, prefects and head girls. Emails are only received by parents or siblings unless prefect or head girl. Private 15 minute phone calls are given to lead once a week, and everything above twice a week, along with the 15 minute supervised phone call. If girls are not off private phone calls after exactly 15 minutes, SP is given.

These routines are all from the traditional school year, the summer calendar is different. We get up a little later and then proceed with breakfast, contributions, uniforms. Then ILC work, snack, more ILC work, lunch, contributions, Exploring the Arts class, and then snack and free time until dinner. After dinner, again contributions. Mandatory study time remains the same, 1.5 hours to again, work on ILCs. If a field trip is being made or the Outdoor Education credit, then the daytime routine is interrupted. Weekends remain the same routine, except trips to the beach may be during the day or evening after major contributions and room checks.

That was a briefly detailed description of my (and the other girls') daily routines at Rocklyn Academy. Now, for a personal story or description of my time there.

I do not like water. I don't know why, I just don't like it. At Rocklyn you are allowed one class of juice a day and milk with lunch and dinner. Of course, during the day water is the only other option, but I just didn't drink it. I never did at home, I didn't think it would affect me. I became very ill and was no allowed to take a sick day, as Monica thought I was faking. When I was vomiting into my garbage can, the staff on duty replied with "well I'm not cleaning it up, that's not what I am getting paid for". So, me being ill, my room mate and I cleaned it up. Since I was only incoming, I was never allowed outside by myself, so I naturally just didn't go outside or get someone to go out with me during this sick period. A staff finally took me to the hospital and when I came out of the room I was extremely pale and out of breath, my breathing was very shallow and quick. When I was at the hospital I was diagnosed with extreme dehydration - and all the staff thought I was faking and ignored my illness. I was then given natural and sour lemon juice to flavour my water, which was absolutely disgusting and I wish I could have just had some juice. I was told by my parents that I would be coming home in June after being send there in August. Ecstatic to come home, my parents told me they actually did not actually know the length of my time there. Devastated, I began continuing with the routine of my past as self-injuring my wrist with whatever I found suitable. No doubt the staff found out and so did the "therapist" at the time. Addressing my problem by giving me a book of activities advising me to deal with my stress by colouring in peace circles, praying, and listening to the music on my iPod, which was taken away from me at the time, as I was on RAMP 1 for a book that illustrated the "bad things" a group of us had done such as smoking cigarettes, and drinking a Pepsi. That was my personal journal that was unknowingly removed from my room while we were at "the base". Already on RAMP 1, I had a talk with the head of Residence Life at the time, Janet Lawler about starting knew. I knew I had a bag of contraband under my bed, such as mascara, tacks, and leftover tuck. I knew myself well enough to know that I couldn't start new knowing I had all this stuff "not allowed" under my bed. I lashed out one night and handed it all in to two staff members Ana Soares and Sonya White. They completely searched my room for any other contraband. They searched all my clothes, underwear, bed sheets, and even pillow cases. I was going to be going on RAMP 2. They took all of my clothes excluding some underwear and bras, one t shirt, one pair of sweatpants, the pajamas I was wearing, and one set of uniform clothes. Not only did they take my clothes, but they took everything else extra in my room, including books, extra sheets, extra pillows, a chair and a table. Not only did they take everything of mine against my will, but they threatened to take away my light bulb. A few weeks later we went to a camp and went on a camping trip, I fell in a hole and my ankle twisted completely around and the arch of my foot swelled so largely that it was non-existent. The staff did not take me to a hospital or clinic until two weeks later and I know have permanent damage my foot (my whole bone structure shifted and the soft tissue holding the naviular bone in place ruptured and has failed to keep it up in place as an arch as it is non existent) that I have had to pay hundreds of dollars for physiotherapy, x-rays, CAT scans and orthopedics on. Not only have I had to spend lots of money, but my foot's condition has kept me from running and participating in sports since last October. This has almost ruined my dream of following in my dad's, and his dad's and so on's foot prints of going to Royal Military College in Kingston for University.

I also had SP a bunch of times and was monitored while showering, but I only got full tuck off once.

Being at Rocklyn Academy was the worst thing I have ever experienced. The daily routines are the same everyday, so repetitive that I think I may have gone a little insane. It is hard for me to talk about the experience I had living so closely with girls who fancied girls, living with no clothes, not being allowed to shower when I want, cleaning up dirty tampons, plunging someone else's shit or bulimic vomit out of the ancient toilets. My parents were told many lies and were promised health benefits by sending me to Rocklyn Academy. Those benefits were never itemized and my parents are constantly trying to contact Darryl Williams who promised these. If you have any questions for me, please contact me at [email protected].

Offline bee_smile

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2010, 04:09:04 AM »

RAMP program:

Things SP is given for:
- not making curfew
- missing a meal
- failing a contribution

I also had SP a bunch of times for silly little and was monitored while showering, but I only got full tuck off once.

Offline bee_smile

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2010, 04:10:21 AM »
PS. sorry for posting that like a million times, my internet messed up.