Author Topic: Another Teen Help Article  (Read 7282 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Another Teen Help Article
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2002, 06:15:00 PM »
I can't say for sure that it was a stated quid pro quo in our familie's case. My mother never discussed business with us at all. But other parents have said that it was in their case.

Our family was involved with The Seed and then Straight for over 10 years. In that time, my mother tried to recruite just about everyone we knew. I don't know what she was getting more out of that than just a handy means to isolate her victims or not. You ever watch Six Feet Under? Know that character who's the obsessive control freak; chased the gay brother around and showed up at strangers' funerals for kicks? My mother is very like that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2002, 03:48:00 AM »
I think the whole world has just shook. Mr. Woodbury has written an opinion that I actually agree with. If we could only get him to think so critically on the usefullness and safety of most of these programs as he has on finders fees and referral bonuses. He does not touch on the issue of parent finder fees though which is actually a bigger concern in many ways because it contributes to the cult structure of many teen help organizations.

And remember "the feeling of safety" at many of the programs that Woodbury reviews "is tangible", unless of course you happen to be one of the victims of the 121 counts of fraud and sexual abuse perpetrated by the operator of the program that was described in exactly that way by Mr. Woodbury.
All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2002, 01:14:00 AM »
I really love that quote at the end there FaceKhan Love it. :smile:
or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline Matt C. Hoffman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2002, 07:53:00 PM »
Tommy from Hyde .I got out of Elan  in july of 76.

I ended up going to a really cool school for my senior year. That school was Waynefleet School (off of spring street in Portland ) I graduated in june of 77 .Have you heard of this school?,I believe that Waynefleet use to play Hyde in sports. Did Hyde have a soccer field that had many holes in it ?

There were 13 people in my senior class 2 former Elan residents and a fellow from Hyde who was from Bath named Todd Prower (probably rusty on the spelling and my yearbook is not close at hand).Is this name familar to you ?

Todd and I talked about Hyde a little bit. I am lucky to have graduated from this highschool,(considering how poor the quasi education that was hastily put together for the younger residents by Elan).I should say the lack of education at the time proffered by Elan in my opinion was down right stunting. (since Elan was starting to take in minors with the adults ,Elan had to provide school for us to comply with state laws )

Elan's version of school did not begin until much later in  74 afterall it was a behavior modifacation center based on negative (in my opinion) reinforcement not a school by any stretch of the imagination.

[ This Message was edited by: Matt C. Hoffman on 2002-01-16 19:01 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2002, 02:46:00 PM »
Hi Matt c. Hoffman I'm tommyfromhyde.
I was at Hyde starting in fall '76 so I
think your friend  probably left before i
got there. Do you remember if he said how or
why he left?
 There were many holes at Hyde. They were
exactly 6 feet deep and were constantly dug
and filled back in again by people with
"bad attitudes":roll:

Offline Matt C. Hoffman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2002, 10:21:00 PM »
Tommy I think Todd related that his father was not happy with Hyde.

It seems kinda ironic .I was leaving a really twisted place and going to a really nice school,in 76, and you were entering Hyde.

My friend did not  really like to talk about Hyde ,though you could tell that when he did that it seemed like a dark cloud would pass over him.

I also believe that Waynefleet's class of 76 was the last time that Waynefleet played Hyde . There for you might not know of Waynefleet School.

Anyway take care .

Matthiam

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2002, 01:45:00 PM »
Lon Woodbury has closed the WWASP/Teen Help forum on the Struggling Teen discussion board. His notice states this is because of pending litigation. This forum had heated up in the past few months after the balance of power shifted and "anti" WWASP posters started to outnumber the "pro" WWASP ones.

Lon Woodbury has claimed he receives no money from WWASP/Teen Help and is completely unbiased. I don't know Lon personally, but have always questioned his ethics and honesty. There is documented proof that Lon has received numerous payments from WWASP for something???

WWASP has filed a lawsuit against at least three of the most vocal "anti-WWASP" advocates known - Barbe Stamps of Teen Help USA, Sue Scheff of P.U.R.E., and Donna Headrick of the Intrepid Net Reporter. These three women are just part of a group of people who have been working to expose WWASP/Teen Help and its abusive programs.

They have dedicated a great deal of time, effort and their own money to this cause. Not for personal gain or notoriety of any kind. Just a selfless desire to help children who are being victimized for profit.

Ken Kay and his family are trying to do the same thing with this lawsuit, that they do to the kids in their programs. Intimidate, manipulate and threaten in order to discredit and quiet any detractors.

I have a great deal of respect and admiration for these women and others who have the integrity and compassion to speak out about an injustice, regardless of the consequences. Sadly, these people are greatly outnumbered by those who just don't seem to give a shit.

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2002, 12:04:00 PM »
Lon, despite his claims that he does not take referral fees, does in fact take referral fees by allowing programs to advertise on his website. Do you think he does that for free?

The reasoning behind closing the forum is just an excuse to do what he wanted to the whole time. It is no big secret that Lon does not want a genuine debate on TeenHelp or the entire industry. His discussion boards are for parents who want to lament about how rotten their kids are so they can support one another after they are sent off to death camps.
All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"