Author Topic: My cousin  (Read 2031 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My cousin
« on: May 23, 2003, 07:14:00 PM »
My cousin Tyler was put in the dundee when all hell broke loose and he was just recently found. He is on his way home right now. His mother did not take any of this seriously and is sending him to Jamacia as far as i know right now. i hope he stays home but i dont think it is going to happen.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
My cousin
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2003, 08:11:00 PM »
Have him read Alexia Park's website. There may be some helpful info there to avoid being deported.
http://www.teenliberty.org/
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My cousin
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2003, 09:28:00 PM »
You might want to point out - unless she wants to do all this again soon, she best keep him in the states. T.B. is a horraible place, and I think may now be facing its final days.
Try and get her to do a little home work.
There are other, truly good and helpful programs, assuming your cousin even needs help with anything.
They may seem more expensive - but surely it evens out when you have to go flyen off to rescue them like this -and I can tell ya - WWASP never stops sending bills.
It seems to go on and on.
There is a lot you could say - and all of it true - but if she been drinking the kool aid - you won't get threw to her.
Maybe when she actually sees and gets to talk to your cousin - it'll open her eyes.
Pray. Pray hard.
If you are so inclined.
If not, now might be a good time to start.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My cousin
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2003, 10:05:00 PM »
it blows my mind that parents would actually keep their child in a WWASP program after they have heard the truth.

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
My cousin
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2003, 03:42:00 AM »
You might decide how far you are willing to go in protecting your family and get a court to appoint the kid a lawyer as his guardian ad litem and try to at least get a day in court. A recent case in VA involving the Jamaica facility, Tranquility Bay, ended with the judge ordering the boy removed from the facility and his father recieved a pretty strong warning that he would lose custody of his son if he tried to send him away again. The case was brought by the boys aunt I think and technically she won.
All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My cousin
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2003, 09:28:00 AM »
On 2003-05-23 19:05:00, Anonymous wrote:

" it blows my mind that parents would actually keep their child in a WWASP program after they have heard the truth. "

They don't believe it. They have been very skillfully conditioned to think every negitive thing said about wwasp is all lies and manipulation.
I'm thinking, maybe, when these parents actually get to see and speak with their kids (coming out of Dundee)they might wake up.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
My cousin
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2003, 12:21:00 PM »
On 2003-05-24 06:28:00, Anonymous wrote:

They don't believe it. They have been very skillfully conditioned to think every negitive thing said about wwasp is all lies and manipulation.

I'm thinking, maybe, when these parents actually get to see and speak with their kids (coming out of Dundee)they might wake up. "

Well, that's probably less likely than you might think. It's a frequent topic of conversation among Program survivors. In fact, just in the last couple of days it came up again on the alumni list on yahoo.

Even years after the Program, even in cases where the now adult child is obviously successful by any measure; good career, long and happy marraige, kids graduated HS with honors and headed off to college, etc. the parents STILL insist that the kids are failures and mourn the loss of what might have been if only they'd finished the Program. Or, conversely, if the kid did graduate, they insist that that's the ONLY reason they're not skidrow junkies today or that they're even alive.

I think that's why so many of us tend to stay in touch. Think about it. It's not that our common experience and memories are happy ones that we want to keep alive. We haven't got a whole lot in common outside of the Programs and, sometimes, hauntingly similar disfuncional families. I think we hang together BECAUSE our natural families, for the most part, never do come to understand wtf happened to us or their part in it.

Some are a lot more lucky than that. But I suspect those are the ones who we hardly ever hear from. More power to them, too! I'd give my right arm, but not a single other aspect of my life, to trade places.

It is the old practice of despots to use a part of the people to keep
the rest  in order; and those who have once got an ascendency and possessed themselves of  all the resources of the nation, their revenues and offices, have immense means  for retaining their advantages.
--Thomas Jefferson to John  Taylor, 1798

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes