Poll

Will you miss Cindy?

Yes
1 (6.7%)
No
14 (93.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closes: October 30, 2044, 05:25:46 PM

Author Topic: Goodbye to Who  (Read 8350 times)

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Goodbye to Who
« on: June 01, 2007, 07:12:53 PM »
Cindy the Who has finally been banned.

Cindy since we know you're reading this, tears streaming down your face, fist clenched in rage, it seemed appropriate to take a moment and say farewell.

No longer will you be allowed to post the same tired nonsense over and over again.

No longer will you be able to use this forum to lie to parents in order to earn yourself referal fees.

No longer will anyone on here ever have to sift through your garbage just to get to the truth.

No longer will people have to watch you derail pertinent conversations simply because youre afraid of the truth.

No longer will people be subject to your cry baby antics or martyr syndrome, no longer does anyone have to watch you avoid the facts or play any of your stupid games.

And while I'm sure youre sad and angry to be forced off, and are still in disbelife since you dont feel you or your kiddie prison pals are subject to other peoples rules, the fact is you are.

Before you disappear entirely I want to also thank you. I cant tell you how many PM's and emails I recieved from parents stating how they were considering sending their kid to a program, until they met you.

Thanks Cindy. All my love, oh and your daughter is still welcome to post here and tell the truth about how you subject her to abuse any time.

Please the rest of you take a moment and wish Cindy a fond farewell and let him know exactly what you think about him.

Cindy one last thing, if you do manage to do end run around things and post here again please know that are now and always shall be a pathetic joke who's as transparent as air. That'll be the case no matter what screen name you post under.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Goodbye to Who
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 07:59:43 PM »
?Sainsbury

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Goodbye to Who
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 08:07:26 PM »
How did the who get banned? How does anyone get banned here? I can't stand the who but this seems rather bias, note I have no idea what happened to get him banned.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Goodbye to Who
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 08:09:14 PM »
Found it

Quote from: ""Scarlett Chiclet""
TheWho is currently banned for flooding. Anybody care to send me a list of links to the spam? If not, that's cool. Kelly can get at it from the back end later when she has time.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Goodbye to Who
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 09:36:29 PM »
I'm sure the Who will be back! Can't he/she just create a new username? It's too bad they've been banned. It's good to have a different point of view sometimes? The Who did make fun of victims, and I did not like, or agree with that. I'm not sure he/she deserved to get banned though? It makes us a little like Struggling Teens, and how they silenced people.

Whatever! Moving on!
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Goodbye to Who
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 11:09:19 PM »
I'm not sure I agree with this decision... but I can't say I'll miss him either.  He made it a point of disrupting the forum, he insulted survivors, he impersonated/slandered others, he lied about what he said...  etc etc etc...

The thing about banning him is this:  Those who have not read his posting history could interpret this as what he was accusing us of: groupthink.

for those who doubt there was a good reason:
http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?p=263957#263957
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Goodbye to Who
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 11:42:37 PM »

I know one very happy simian right now...
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Karass

• View Profile
Goodbye to Who
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 02:19:50 AM »
I have very deliberately made it a point to never respond to the Who. But now this banning...

oh nevermind. Goodbye Cindy.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 02:23:08 AM by Guest »
Like its politicians and its wars, society has the teenagers it deserves. -- J.B. Priestley

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Goodbye to Who
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 02:22:09 AM »
Quote from: ""70sPunkRebel""
I have very deliberately made it a point to never respond to the Who. But now I am responding to this banning, if it is really true. It's wrong, no matter how much any of us disagree with his views.

If you don't agree with him, just ignore him as so many of us have done. But if you deny him the right to speak his mind on this forum, you are no better than the programs you proclaim to hate so much.

IF that were all he did, that would be one thing.

But, it isn't.

He was spamming, he was disruptive, and had several sockpuppets.

He was a troll. A mole. A plant. Period, end of story! He STOPPED free discussion and threw up chaff where real intelligent discussion could occur.

If he behaved, then he would not have been banned. Being banned from fornits is rare (I think this is a first!) but he most definitely earned it. Ginger does not just decide to ban someone lightly!

Offline Karass

• View Profile
Goodbye to Who
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 02:24:58 AM »
Wow that was quick. Guess I should've thought about my edits before submitting. Anyway, troll -- yes. Nuiscance, yes. Paid by programs to disrupt fornits? -- probably. But still, it rubs me the wrong way to stifle free speech...
Like its politicians and its wars, society has the teenagers it deserves. -- J.B. Priestley

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Goodbye to Who
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2007, 02:28:46 AM »
I am 100% behind this decision.

Doesn't that just make it all so much  better? That a guest approves?

Thought so!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Goodbye to Who
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2007, 02:32:01 AM »
To all those frowning over the free speech implications, turn that frown upside down! The internet provides plenty of room for THeWho to build his own forum. You don't let the local homeless crazy person to come in and scream at you in your home. Free speech stops at private property, you own it and control it. Just like this forum. Come on people, we should be thanking Ginger for this wonderful Who-Free forum!!

Thanks Ginger & Co!

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Goodbye to Who
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2007, 03:04:58 AM »
Quote from: ""70sPunkRebel""
Wow that was quick. Guess I should've thought about my edits before submitting. Anyway, troll -- yes. Nuiscance, yes. Paid by programs to disrupt fornits? -- probably. But still, it rubs me the wrong way to stifle free speech...

Me too... but like Guest said, Ginger doesn't ban somebody lightly... this is really a first.

I would tend to agree that he was flooding the forum, however.  He impersonated survivors, he argued with himself, he insulted himself, he created drama for the sake of disruption.  This wasn't a person simply disagreeing with the "popular viewpoint".  He derailed at least one of my threads, as he did with many others...  He accused me of things, and when I asked him to back it up, he couldn't, and changed the subject... He did that hundreds more times elsewhere.  He impersonated RB.  He misquoted people habitually... I could go on and on and on but there is really no point.

If you read one or two of his posts they seem credible, even rational... however, if you read an entire thread, or even a few pages, you start to see his logic break down, and his purpose unfold.  In my opinion, he relies on this, knowing that few parents or casual onlookers have time for an in-depth read (or have short attention spans and no attention to detail).  I, personally, didn't see what the big deal was until I tried to argue with the guy and saw how he acted when he loses an argument.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Goodbye to Who
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2007, 04:28:32 AM »
All I have to say is, if you manage to get yourself banned from fornits.... then... wow... holy shit. You must have seriously fucked up.

Every time I read the topic title of this thread that ridiculous Scandal song goes through my head "Goodbye to You"

Except in my mind it goes "Goodbye to Whoo--oo-ooo... goodbye to Who."

Stupid 80s

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Goodbye to Who
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2007, 05:45:04 AM »
Hey, thanks much for that, Castle... sucked me back to many bittersweet memories...
-------------- • -------------- • --------------