Author Topic: So, Karly....  (Read 3678 times)

Offline Firebird81

• View Profile
So, Karly....
« on: May 18, 2007, 02:42:25 AM »
Perhaps I have been going about a couple things wrong. My intention is not to be an apologist. My heart is aimed at presenting the truth. let me state beforehand that there are two people who I have been focusing one, you and Michael Kincheloe. Michael, I believe, is not so much focused on exposing a corrupt program as he is at sticking his middle finger up at the staff of Southern California Teen Challenge. I base this not only on his topix.net discussions and those he has engaged on here, but on some of the other things he has engaged in which I prefer not to mention. Suffice it to say, in my opinion, he represents a segment of students who have failed in TC and feel a need to excuse their own behavior and failure... but you... you are somewhat of an anomaly to me. For some reason I am inclined to think you have your own personal reasons and you are probably a decent person who wants to help people...so here is my proposition...

Not a debate, but a discussion.I openly talk about the sores as well as the successes of Teen Challenge with you. And Yes--there are sores, some of which Michael has exposed, although only for his selfish reasons, some which he knows nothing about. Let me offer the olive branch first by saying--I left Teen Challenge angry and bitter. Furthermore, I have not attended a church regularly since leaving Teen Challenge. Teen Challenge would have difficulty categorizing me a success or failure. I have your curiosity, don't I?

I'll add more. We can talk about directors who have fallen, we can talk about scandals, we can talk about anything you want to. We can talk about the reasons I left. I am dying to discuss that. We can talk about whatever you want. And then we can talk about why, after it all, I would still endorse this program and would donate to it, as well as believe wholeheartedly in the effectiveness of it.

Let me also state that I have not been involved with or talked to anyone in the Teen Challenge program since June of 2000. The only thing I ask is that you and I be the only ones to respond to this and that anyone else who has comments or questions would pm one of us to add as part of the discussion. This is simply to keep us on topic and avoid confusion.... I would ask everyone to respect that request.

I wonder.....would you have this conversation
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
So, Karly....
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 03:56:00 PM »
Quote from: "I can't recallWe can talk about the reasons I left. I am dying to discuss that. [/quote

Shoot
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
So, Karly....
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 04:34:52 PM »
I would suggest you two take this over to TSW's forum. I don't really see why you'd need to keep other people out but different strokes for different folks. PM TSW and ask him to set up a QA session between you and Karly.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Karly

• View Profile
    • http://karlycordaloni.blogspot.com/
So, Karly....
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 10:42:50 AM »
Well Firebird- I have time this week to have a few discussions with you if you're up to it.

Karly

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
So, Karly....
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 11:32:59 AM »
What makes you think I want the kool aid chugger on my forum? This scrote works for a place that is from what I can see some jesus freak wannabe knock off of Straight inc.

Got no time to entertain this bullshit. Keep it out of my forum. I will delete on sight.

Unless it comes from a survivor. Then its more than welcome.
am the metal pig.