Author Topic: News and Goods!  (Read 1184 times)

Offline Silent1

• View Profile
News and Goods!
« on: May 08, 2007, 10:42:42 AM »
Even if we are all messed up due to the school, I ask why be so negative.

I am guilty as charged when saying this as well. Thats why I want to turn the frown upside down today and for ever more!

Lets state whats been going well in our lives and support each other.

I saw Spiderman 3 last night and it was good. Lots of good scenes. I really liked it about its play on friendship. I am so much into a strong bond with deep friends.

So far I have great news about my job, I finally was lucky to land a run where I know from day to day what I am doing and have set hours as well. Dont know how long this will last, but I hope to enjoy it as it comes.

The view from my new place in toronto is so amazing, I am surprised I landed the place with the rent I pay. Its only $850 thats not bad with under ground parking too!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Dont dwell in the past, there are some things at RMA that made us good people too. Work ethic, commitment, and being self aware. Lets not be angry, you cant change the past. The future is unknown and we can make it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
News and Goods!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 11:03:36 AM »
I recently read a very good book by Richard Hilliard, Surviving the Americans. It's about the aftermath of the Nazi Regime in Germany. Hilliard was an enlisted man stationed there immediately after the armistice.

One of the most moving scenes he describes is a friggen brilliant publicity stunt. This doctor who survived the camps had set up a make-shift hospital for survivors. But there was no aid from the Allied forces, and even a whole lot of harassment and some outright killing by individual personnel and commanders. So this guy put together a damned orchestra and staged a concert. I wish I had that book because he reprints the entire speech this doctor gave, detailing the monstrous scope of the holocaust. Most of the audience were too weak and sick to sit and they were the lucky 1%.

I firmly believe that the Program is an early adopters manifestation of the same damned authoritarian philosophy, only we haven't let it go that far. And we won't. Though we all may have some freaky hang ups and quirks or worse, we're out and alive and able to work whatever influence we have to turn things around for the next generations.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
News and Goods!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 10:08:37 PM »
Silent1, you're killin' me here. Looking at positive things in one's life is healthy and beneficial, but must it be invoked under the lingo of the program?

Admittedly, I don't remember a whole lot about the news and goods exercise from RMA, with the exception of the fact that it was part of something we took away after the I & Me, and we did it at first light a lot in New Horizons. It was kind of a frenzied shouting match about how great we were all doing, where we each took our turn up in front of the group.

Well, color me someone who has a stick up his ass, today.

Having said that, I'm doing ok.

Up to 80 pushups every other day. (I used to do them every day but a couple of people said that you won't build muscle unless you skip a day.)

Just started yoga.

Lost 30 pounds.

Feel more laid back and open-minded than I have in a long time.

Bought fruit and yogurt at the grocery store for the first time in years last night. Not because I had to, but because I actually had a craving. Go figure. Maybe I've experienced a transporter accident and have been replaced by an alternate version of myself.

Just got my new tattoo started of my dead cat, Persi.

Am going to see a hopefully very cool show tomorrow with a couple of bands my friends are in. I've seen both bands before, and they are fantastic. Both have very cute girls in them who are extremely talented musicians. (One of them plays the accordion AND the trombone. How FUCKING cool is that???) The other, who plays bass, I met at a party about a month ago and have since become totally enamored with, because she is so fiercely brilliant and sweet. She has a boyfriend, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy simply hanging and talking with her and watching her play. I don't go after women who are spoken for. (anymore)