Author Topic: Peninsula Village Q/A thread  (Read 41048 times)

Offline Hrt2hrtScandal

• View Profile
Peninsula Village Q/A thread
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2007, 04:22:07 PM »
6:30 Wake ups and make beds do morning hygeine
7:00 Breakfast
8:00 Chores
9:00 Morning Activity (monday through Friday schedules changed)
10:00 Morning Activity
11:00 Group Psychotherapy
12:00 Lunch
1:00-1:30 Priority Time Necessaries Group/Excercises/Quiet Time
1:30-3:00 School
4:00-5:00 Afternoon Activity
5:00 Dinner
6:00 Group Psychotherapy
7:00-7:30 Priority Time Necessaries Group, Excercises, Quiet Time
7:30-8:30 Evening Hygeine
8:30-9:30 Evening Activity
9:30-10:00 Wrap Up
10:00-10:05 Spiritual Time
Lights out
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Hrt2hrtScandal

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2007, 04:57:17 PM »
Quote from: ""Three Springs Waygookin""
Now this is going to seem really mundane, but it will give myself and others an overall clearer picture of your time in STU.

In STU,

When eating your meals did you leave the STU or were they brought to you?

Describe the showering and bathing situation.

Thank you.

We ate on STU in the dayroom.

After you wake up and set your daily goals and make beds you have morning hygeine. Three people get sent in to the bathroom at a time to brush your teeth, wash your face, change out of your pjs and go to the bathroom. You have three minutes to do all everything. Every even hour you have bathroom breaks. One minute to go number one and Two minutes for number two. If you can't go in that amount of time you have to ask permission for more time. Then you have evening hygeine when you take a shower. You have four minutes to take a shower and you cant bring your shampoo bottles into the shower because it is a safety issue. The only thing you can have is a bar of soap and a wash clothe. You have to strip down to your underwear  before you could shower and hold it out for staff to see. Staff would say "saw you" and then you could shower.Total time you were in shower is eight minutes. You had to brush your teeth which you could do in the shower if you were not on eating disorder or suicide clinical alert. You had to clean the shower to make sure all the hair was out.

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2007, 08:09:47 PM »
What would happen if you took to long in the shower?

Also what happened if you had to go to the bathroom before the bathroom break every hour?
am the metal pig.

Offline Hrt2hrtScandal

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2007, 09:00:33 PM »
What would happen if you took to long in the shower?

Also what happened if you had to go to the bathroom before the bathroom break every hour?

Too long in the shower consequence or "care method"

You had to ask to go to the bathroom. If you had not gone during the previous break you had consequence or care method

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2007, 09:14:50 PM »
Please explain the consquence and care method.
am the metal pig.

Offline Hrt2hrtScandal

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2007, 04:16:51 PM »
Please explain the consquence and care method.

Care Methods (or as they were previously called Consequences) were punishments for doing something wrong. Confront groups were called many many many many times a day and could be called by anyone as long as staff had given them permission. During a confront group a person would be called out for whatever rule they broke and then the person who called the group would give a suggestion as to what the appropriate care method should be. If we took too long in the bathroom we got something like Makes Group Aware 1 time per shift I've gotten out of the bathroom on time. Which means you had to raise your hand and ask staff if you could tell the group that you had gotten out of the bathroom on time. That wasn't the only care method though there were millions...I think. At the end of the day, if you had completed your care methods, you could get them erased off of the Care Method Board, which was a white board that one of the level 2's had written the previous evening. The catch here is that you have to state it the exact way it is written on the care method board, or you don't get it erased. The way you got to know what your care methods are was by asking staff if you could go look at the care method board during morning hygiene. Most people had at least one care method every day. Some had tons. I could go for about a week without getting one just because I was there for so long and knew all of the rules. If you had too many care methods you were excluded from Holiday activities. That sucked because it was pretty much the only time we got to interact non therapeutically.

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2007, 08:04:28 PM »
You mentioned that staff provoked people into restraints. Could you describe such an event that you witnessed?
am the metal pig.

Offline Hrt2hrtScandal

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2007, 04:39:28 PM »
You mentioned that staff provoked people into restraints. Could you describe such an event that you witnessed?

Well, one time there was a girl who didn't eat her dinner and was hungry later on and staff said she wouldn't be allowed to eat anything because she "refused" and they really kept pushing her and she finally freaked. Lots of restraints happened over food. In group therapy there was a psychologist and a family therapist that would really push people. I don't remember many specifics, but it would get bad sometimes.

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2007, 09:46:04 AM »
I'd like to give you the opprotunity to suggest the next line of questions so that I'm not overlooking something you would like to discuss further.

Is there something you would like to discuss in greater detail?
am the metal pig.

Offline DieYuppieScum

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2007, 12:41:35 PM »
how about the false titles of the staff? I remember many claiming to be off duty Marines but the staff sure did not seem like Marines
a href=\"http://photobucket.com\" target=\"_blank\">\"Photo

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2007, 07:44:10 PM »
What qualifications did staff have for working with troubled children?

by this I mean entry level staff.
am the metal pig.

Offline DieYuppieScum

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2007, 08:10:15 AM »
from what I saw no experience was really needed, hell my staff member had been with PV since it opened and he was trained to be a geologist... not a child psych worker
a href=\"http://photobucket.com\" target=\"_blank\">\"Photo

Offline Hrt2hrtScandal

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2007, 12:52:37 PM »
What qualifications did staff have for working with troubled children?

by this I mean entry level staff.

I know some of them had a masters degree and were therefore "SPC", or Senior Program Counselors. Some of them were going for their bachelors and masters still. Many had associates degrees and some were high school grads or GED's. I don't know exactly what their degrees were in either. Sorry I guess I can't help you much there.  I know some of them were in programs before they worked there and the doctor on staff went through a program because he liked to remind us of that often.

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2007, 09:48:21 PM »
Did the doctor happen to mention the name of that program?

And to DYS..

Glad to see you back.

And I'm gathering from this earlier that the entry level staff recieves no real introductory training?
am the metal pig.

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2007, 10:49:23 AM »
Also.. I'd like to start asking questions about some of the more painful experiences that may or may not have happened to you at PV. Before I ask I'd like your permission. I know from my point of view I've struggled in the past discussing some of the events I was involved with during my employment in the industry. I can only imagine that the same is true for the both of you in a more pronounced form.
am the metal pig.