Author Topic: A funny thing happened on my way to......  (Read 1287 times)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
A funny thing happened on my way to......
« on: January 23, 2002, 07:36:00 PM »
Hello everyone. I just got back from Costa Rica yesterday. What a great place to vacation.

Anyway, on my way out in Tampa airport, my friend and I were in line at the ticket booth when the man in front of us got disoriented and started stumbling around. I grabbed his arm and asked him if he was ok, and he couldn't coherently respond. I calmy asked a nearby attendent to get an ambulance and laid him down on the floor and started monitoring his breathing, which was stable, but he was now not conscious.
All of a sudden, a man about 25 walks up briskly, takes off his shirt,underneath was a bright yellow shirt emblazzoned with "VOLUNTEER MINISTER" on the front and back, and he confidently removes everyone from around the disabled man. He then squatted over him and told everyone to be quiet, and proceeded to start poking him all over asking, can you feel this, can you feel this, etc, seemingly randomly poking him all over his body while squatting over him, his big ass almost in the guy's face.  The guy started coming to about this time, shook off the cobwebs, a wheelchair arrived, and he decided not to take an ambulance. It was about now that I noticed on the sleeve of the "minister" the words "Church of Scientology" in small print, and I said out loud, "Hey, this guy has no medical training, he is in the cult scientology"
Someone from the airport security asked him if he was a paramedic and he said no, they asked him if he had medical training and he said no. Someone else asked him what happened, and he said "the man fainted"  I blurted "he did not, I was right there" and he said, "I guess your right".  He then started trying to pass out scientology pamphlets and most people just looked at him funny. We last saw him as we boarded our plane walking up to people passing out scientology stuff. My friend whom has no background in cults, thought the whole thing totally weird and made fun of him for at least three days.

Just thought I would share.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2003, 10:22:00 PM »
you kill kill them

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2003, 10:31:00 PM »
I think we get it now.. :skull:

Offline sammiegirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2003, 07:01:00 AM »
Good Call!!!!
Perhaps you saved a man from being brought into a cult.
Also I didn't know people were allowed to solicit in the airports..HMMMMM
ND THE TRUTH WILL SET US FREE

Offline TinaMC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2003, 07:19:00 AM »
That is a strange story indeed. In the 30yrs I lived in Fla I never actually met or talked to a scientologist. At least they never admitted it to me and I worked in the Clearwater area alot. Never saw them passing anything out, I wonder are they not making enough money?? Tom Curse, John Travolta, Christy Alley and the rest of their drones not pulling enough?? Very Strange!!
Its embarrassing bringing tourist threw down town Clearwater on their way to Clearwater beach and have people say " I didn't know you had a Military base here?" and then I say "we don't we have the scientologist headquaters here", Oh thats impressive!!. HA HA
The company I worked for even delivered lost luggage to them, they were just weird and I couldn't wait to get out, like they may try to keep me or something. Not a friendly lot.

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
-- Dave Barry