Author Topic: 100 people online right now  (Read 2959 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
100 people online right now
« on: April 26, 2007, 12:16:37 PM »
and a couple days ago it says the peak was reached at close to 120 people on line at the same time.

I notice that sometimes the count goes up to like 50,60 or higher, for short periods of time and then drops back down to the normal 12-15 or so that are normally on at any given time.

how come the amount of users spikes so much at certain times?

this is just out of curiosity, I have no point to make or anything. Just curious...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 12:26:57 PM »
Funny that you should make this post.  I just emailed someone else on  Fornits about this...  I have noticed that when Fornits is down for a bit, #users on spikes some time thereafter.  I've been noticing this for awhile, not just recently.  The high point on the 24th came after it was down briefly about 12 hr before.  This morning it went down for a few hours, starting roughly 6 hr ago, I am guessing.  I had composed a post, and couldn't submit it, only reason I knew.  Kept trying from time to time, and kept getting error messages.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 12:47:38 PM »
weirdness. now there is only 13 people online. couldn't have been more than 30 mins.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 12:50:14 PM »
At its peak there some 20-30 minutes ago, I saw 104 at one point.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 01:42:34 PM »
It's the search engines. They'll slam a big site like this w/ dozens of bots and crawlers at a time. I know we have to address this but Kelly's put sooo much time in and still has to make a living, sleep and such. It's one priority, thought.

What do you guys think is most important? I'm thinking about either improving or ditching the old hokey Fornits theme. Love the fairy, though. Maybe I should put the time in to clean it up. I also miss the random quotes. That's all on me. Have to find a way to get back into the coding mindset and fix it.

What else?
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 02:43:24 PM »
Quote from: ""Antigen's Ghost""
What do you guys think is most important? I'm thinking about either improving or ditching the old hokey Fornits theme. Love the fairy, though. Maybe I should put the time in to clean it up. I also miss the random quotes. That's all on me. Have to find a way to get back into the coding mindset and fix it.

What do you mean by "theme?"  The quote?  Or the angel?  I'm very partial to the angel.  I think with everything that everyone here has gone through, we really need her blessings and protective graces, so to speak... Or magic, if she were to be a fairy.  Maybe both at the same time!   :D

Thanks for enlightening us as to where the huge surges of "people" are coming from.  Kelly has been such a trooper.  Truly, the small inconveniences of not being able to get on from time to time are not a big deal.  The only reason I keep sending the copied&pasted error messages, when I do, is to hopefully reduce the trouble shooting time for you folk.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 03:49:03 PM »
Oh, the theme is the web pabe loyout. They've got it now, you can just drop prepared themes  in place.and make them available for users. They're just a little tricky to tweak once in place, though. If you click the profile link in the menu, you'll see "Board Style:" as an option. I'm using Brink of Insanity. I like it well enough, but I haven't been able to figure out how to change the color scheme of the input boxes. So it's black text on a dark blue background. That explains my lousy typing lately, and ya'll prolly thought I was just drinking more lately LOL.

Anyway, I like the old fornits theme even though the current inmplimentation is pretty fubar. I should work on it some.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 04:32:23 PM »
I use the subSilver.  The green tech (?) is okay too, but... I'd lose the angel if I used it, though I did try it out for awhile.  I tried the other ones too, but they're a bit too dark for me (plus I lose the angel).  Of those, brink of insanity is my favorite, although I don't use it anymore.  I know what you mean about the typing!  LOL!  Painful, for me, at least!   :lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 06:45:46 PM »
I prefer the Tarbash theme when I'm logged in.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 07:36:04 PM »
That icon is a fairy? I thought it was like a fire flame!
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 03:55:38 AM »
It looks an awful lot like an old European wood carving of an angel me mum always pulled out for the Christmas season.  She actually had a small number of these, they must be ancient by now.

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 11:06:28 AM »
Dude put the fairy in the front seat of a lowrider with a phat system of hydralics just bumping a funky beat.

Animate that shit yall!
am the metal pig.