Author Topic: CASCADE/ CEDU STAFF overlaps  (Read 4697 times)

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
CASCADE/ CEDU STAFF overlaps
« on: April 23, 2007, 11:45:14 AM »
Name your staff from CASCADE school.
give us the story of Cascade.

What year did it open? Under whose management and under what marketing campaign?

What staff did you know came directly from CEDU and was there a difference between them and other staff?

What were students told about the fact that their therapeutic program was hijacked from a program that "borrowed" their own practices from Lifespring and elsewhere?

CASCADE alumni you are brethren to us now that CEDU is dead. Come tell your stories, please.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline damanamanit

• View Profile
Re: CASCADE/ CEDU STAFF overlaps
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 07:14:21 AM »
Michael and Danielle Algood
Art and Gayle Tilles
Michael and Heather Cruciano
Merv and Mona Maier
Craig and Barbara Cass
John and Marci Padgett
Eric Meltzer
Paula Rudy
Ron Cavenaugh
Neil Weston
Tom Kray
Michael Golceker

As far as I knew they all came from Cedu....maybe I am wrong...not certain.
1985-1987

Offline RMA Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 02:41:32 PM »
I went to Rocky Mountain Academy in 1984 and Tom Kray was there.  He was in charge of Quest, but within a year he was gone.  If Cascade began in 1985, it is possible he was a founding staff member.  I never knew where he went till now.  Quite a jerk.

Offline damanamanit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 03:25:47 PM »
Oddly enough, Tom Kray was really a lightweight in comparison to the other staff we had at Cascade. He was my mentor for awhile and we all seemed to get away with crap that there wouldn't be a chance in hell we could get away with with any other staff member. We went from Tom Kray to Craig Cass. Night and day... I am sure there were many of us that wished we could have had Tom back...although, Craig was ultimately a staff member that I liked and admired-- as sick and twisted as that may seem he fought his way through Vietnam and I thank him for his service to our country...because his ptsd... I wouldn't want to imagine, let alone grapple with on a daily basis. Craig's way of dealing with us in raps was the most humane of all mentors. As a participating mentor, he shot from the hip, laid it out for you expected an answer and then moved on. He wasn't into beating the piss out of your for an extended period of time. It was really cut and dry. Where as Craig remained in control of the rap, Tom kicked back and let the upper school students run it for him, he was really just there as an observer. To get Tom Kray on 'Monday Night at the Fights' was a #&%(#%*#(! blessing.

Offline psn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 01:36:00 PM »
Quote from: "damanamanit"
Michael and Danielle Algood
Art and Gayle Tilles
Michael and Heather Cruciano
Merv and Mona Maier
Craig and Barbara Cass
John and Marci Padgett
Eric Meltzer
Paula Rudy
Ron Cavenaugh
Neil Weston
Tom Kray
Michael Golceker

As far as I knew they all came from Cedu....maybe I am wrong...not certain.
1985-1987
I believe Paula Rudy was a CEDU student who came to open Cascade and then later became staff. I think Carl Janowitz also came from CEDU. I remember Elaina Geltner saying that she was either former CEDU or RMA staff or a former program(med) student...don't remember what the deal was there.

I didn't know John and Marci Padgett came from CEDU...they were responsible for the horror known as Amity School in Italy.

I would love to know the "real deal" on any cascade-cedu staff. Who were these people before Cascade? Who were Art & Gayle Tilles? Were they Synanites? CEDU staff? were they ever in the CEDU program? What about Barb & Craig & EVM? I know Allgood's deal. What was Carl Janowitz like @ CEDU? Did he go through the "program?" Same goes for Elaina and Paula.