Author Topic: Can't cope with society thanks to Paradise Cove!  (Read 5867 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Can't cope with society thanks to Paradise Cove!
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2007, 08:43:46 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote from: ""exhausted""
Why is every thread turned into a The Who hatred thread?

I didn't intend this thread to become a slanging match - what The Who said in reply to me made sense

What he said in reply to the ex program kid does not ... I can well believe the use of duct tape for the very reasons he pointed out, that it is so strong it would completely immobilise the child physically, hence immobilising them mentally at the same time, it seems the perfect way of getting a kid to comply if you ask me, it's a disgusting practise & something that should be left to 2 consenting adults in the bedroom!!

I do take his point about the tornado thing though...I won't call this person a liar, because I wasn't there, but it does seem a bit strange to carry out something that is likely to get the program staff killed, however, no matter what - if this person has been through any type of abuse, then it is wrong, wrong, wrong - just my 2 cents worth

Im not the guest who was saying shut up & all that...
but thats not all she is saying.
A. she is "takes the point" of the who, whom is flat out stating the boy is lying
B she is saying "well Id never call anyone a liar cause i wasnt there" but thinks its strange or near impossible...Obviously if she thinks its near  impossible, and the only reason she cant say certainly it didnt happen becasue "she wasnt there" she's saying it didnt happen-or as close to being sure it didnt happen without being there in person
C. she ends the staement by saying "but any abuse is wrong" claerly implying that even though that partiuclar abuse didnt happen whatever did happen was bad

The implication is clearly that the boy is lying. She agrees with the "point of the Who" whom doesnt beleive it.  If she had questions about the situation like "what's a typhoon, how did that happen?" than she should have asked them in a sensitive manner.

Saying something shameful and horrible happened and then being told you are lying is horrible. They actually have a term for it in the criminal sytem in regards to rape victems reporting a crime & being dismissed. It's called getting "raped twice". This is why people dont report rape crime, and program crimes. The Who knows this, which is why he called the boy a liar and made fun of his pain. He is deliberately doing that to supress info, to derail the topic which was "consider the damage that happens", and hinder  other people from sharing. Its a good strategy. I know for I am not as vocal with what happend to me becasue of the "tone" here. WHo is evil, exhausted does not have an excuse.-she should know better

umm thats callous. Would you appreciate me saying that your  husband or brother is not a junkie as it seems strange, that can get a person killed, or that your husband is a great father it seems strange that he wouldnt be, or that it seems a unlikely that your mother abused you. Afterall why would a mother abuse her own child?..that could only hurt her.

Of course those are not accurate comparisons, as  you are not experiencing the level of torment this young man has from his experience

These things people experience are extradinarily painful -like rapes -and mabye if you used empathy youd see its not nice to say they are liars..which is essentially what you are saying. As much as if I said, now I m not calling you a liar but I dont think you were thrown in a lake   I mean if you are not calling him a liar are you saying he is hallucianating?  Channeling the spririt of Virginia Wolf? Getting thrown or not thrown in a lake is pretty objective issue

Also, if you had half a brain, you see that who is not disbeleiving this abuse but that every murder, starvation, beating that is duiscussed is also justifiable or unreal. He doesnt belive IN abuse, mostly cause as a program worker, he does that abusing so your "understanding" where he's coming from shows a complete lack of understanding

Have you ever read a book, a newspaper?
1) the holocaust? Did it happen?, only hurt the nazis lost their workforce.
2) child abuse? Does that happen, only hurts parents as they loose relationship with child- their future caregiver and sorce of emotional support.
3)crime? Did that happen, eventually all crime leads to jail (well blue collar crime anyway)
4)  prostitution? Does that happen, long tem that is a very hurtful thing for the woman.
5) rape? that doesnt happen leads to jail.
6) Heard of underperforming? doesnt happen hurts the sufferer.
7)Heard of WW2,
8)Vietnam? Didnt happen. Everyone agrees Only hurt those involved.
9)How bout those clever folk who commit crimes..then post them on the internet!
10)I read about a man who killed a homeless teen, used his head as  abowling ball, on  a public street! WHy would he do that? Get in alot of trouble for using a teens head as a bowling ball.
11)How bout those terrible things that go on in prisons, insitutions, gulugs? Acts of torture? do they not happen? every once in a while they get caught....get in rtouble.
12)That fellow out in arizona who ran a troubled teen camp and fed the boys 400 a day, one died,he went to prison...he didnt do it i guess.

Anyway you get the idea. The thing is people do  evil, take actions even if it they can lead to  trouble..they do becasue thats how  people work. They like the immediate emotional gratification, they like the long term domination they exert over the victem. They do it cause they are sadists. They do it cause they have issues with mom. They do it to inspire terror and thereby promote themselves in their society.They do it cause they can.

Also,a typhoon is a tropical storm. It is not autmatically  80 foot tidal waves. Similarly if  we have a hurricane or windstorm up here it doesnt automatically mean 1000 mile winds. It also depends on our proximity to the typhoon, hurricane ,of windstorm how intense it will be. Obviously. If they didnt have to evacuate the area it was  very intense but not so intense that they were in immediate peril of "being blow away".(haha) If you live out east ,like in somoa typhoons happen constantly and you can be sure everyone is used to them including staff

Who knows very well that this kid was abused. You, exhausted who thinks its unlikely, are unimaginitve, callous, and ignorent. The Who is evil. Great pair.
And Im not new.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2007, 08:49:30 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: ""exhausted""
Why is every thread turned into a The Who hatred thread?

I didn't intend this thread to become a slanging match - what The Who said in reply to me made sense

What he said in reply to the ex program kid does not ... I can well believe the use of duct tape for the very reasons he pointed out, that it is so strong it would completely immobilise the child physically, hence immobilising them mentally at the same time, it seems the perfect way of getting a kid to comply if you ask me, it's a disgusting practise & something that should be left to 2 consenting adults in the bedroom!!

I do take his point about the tornado thing though...I won't call this person a liar, because I wasn't there, but it does seem a bit strange to carry out something that is likely to get the program staff killed, however, no matter what - if this person has been through any type of abuse, then it is wrong, wrong, wrong - just my 2 cents worth

well that posted wrong....
Im not the guest who was saying shut up & all that...
but thats not all she is saying.

A. she is "takes the point" of the who, whom is flat out stating the boy is lying
B she is saying "well Id never call anyone a liar cause i wasnt there" but thinks its strange or near impossible...Obviously, if she thinks its near  impossible, and the only reason she cant say certainly it didnt happen becasue "she wasnt there" she's saying it didnt happen-or as close to being sure it didnt happen without being there in person
C. she ends the staement by saying "but any abuse is wrong" claerly implying that even though that partiuclar abuse didnt happen whatever did happen was bad

The implication is clearly that the boy is lying. She agrees with the "point of the Who" whom doesnt beleive it.

If she had questions about the situation like "what's a typhoon, how did that happen?" than she should have asked them in a sensitive manner.

Saying something shameful and horrible happened and then being told you are lying is horrible. They have a term for it in the criminal sytem in regards to rape victems reporting a crime & being dismissed. It's called getting "raped twice". This is why people dont report rape crime, -and program crimes. The Who knows this, which is why he called the boy a liar and made fun of his pain. He is deliberately doing that to supress info, to derail the topic which was "consider the damage that happens"& make it about "did it happen" it makes us go in cicles, and hinder  other people from sharing. Its a good strategy. I know for I am not as vocal with what happend to me becasue of the "tone" here. WHo is evil, exhausted does not have an excuse.-she should know better

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2007, 08:51:41 PM »
I ve also noticed the boy who posted has not come back...I hope Psy, Who and Exhausted have not depressed him away

Programer..if you are interested in suing the who for saying you aer a liar pm sick of child torture girl. Serious bout helping fund a lawsut

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2007, 10:27:52 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
If she had questions about the situation like "what's a typhoon, how did that happen?" than she should have asked them in a sensitive manner.

You're probably right that she could have worded things a little better, but I truly think she mistook it for a tornado...  I think you're overreacting a bit.  What "The Who" said was... fucked up beyond belief, but don't put exhausted in that category.

Yeah it's sad he didn't come back, but if you want a parent to flame, choose a better target.  I aggree 100% about your comment about being "raped twice"... Every time, it's just like back in program again.  It's why so many people want to just "move on" and "forget about it".. it's "in the past", it "does not matter", "it was horrible but now it's over"....

The Who causes a lot of damage, there is no question about that, and he tends to textually defaecate wherever he posts, but don't let him discourage him from telling your story.  Now there is nobody to hang up the phone.  Now people are listening, even if some asshole does not believe.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2007, 10:42:12 PM »
Yeah to hell with that obnoxious fool, just ignore him. It's all good.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2007, 09:34:55 PM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
It shows how many people here really believe this happens everyday at TBS's or wilderness. I know differently, kids are not Duct taped from head to toe and thrown into an ocean during a typhoon, the same as they are not made to march without food. ]/b] These are all distortions to scare parents away... anyone coming on here for the first time might believe some of the stories told, but as the stories grow and grow you loose the ability (credibility) to scare people aware from these places.

I just think it is funny that everyone buys into this crap like its a religion or something and its sacrilegious to not believe everything or talk against it as I do.

TheWho has no shame in his goal of shutting down program survivors from telling their stories. He has no shame at all.

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2007, 07:23:31 PM »
I said I was sorry if I came across that way and I certainly never intended for the poster to feel he wasn't being believed....I was more...curious as to why a safer form of abuse wouldn't be an option (I really was thinking driving winds and waves and trees being ripped up all over the place)

I also hope he comes back, this is a good place for anyone to be able to share, rant or generally let feelings out that they perhaps can't to people they know personally

One thing I am not, is callous or insensitive, I care too much about people, it gets me in a lot of shit in my own life but i still continue to do it, never put me in the category of a callous and uncaring person, I'd give anyone the shirt off my back if I thought it would help them.