Author Topic: sick  (Read 4158 times)

Offline sick of child torture girl

• View Profile
sick
« on: April 14, 2007, 03:07:32 AM »
I found this at thayler learning center website..ya know the one where the murdered a boy while humiliateing him ..like by scrubing his genitals with a toilet brush and getting all the kids to join in physically and emotionally tortuing him...........

I am a Changed Person
Hello, I am proud to say today, in front of all of you, that I am a changed person.

Before my rude awakening at Thayer Learning Center, I was a troubled teenager who made all the wrong choices in life. I was headed down the road to a hard life and I was getting there extremely fast. I thought I was invincible and that I would never end up one of the kids in all those statistics you read about. If I would have never came to Thayer Learning Center I would have been one of them.

When I was at home I was a very disrespectful person to my family and myself. I got into many fights with my parents and I would yell and scream at my mother. I would push my mom around a lot and cuss at her. We never really had a good relationship with each other. There wasn’t good communication between us and whenever she had something to say I wouldn’t listen anyway. I was skipping school a lot and partying all the time. It was just another way of hiding from all my problems. I often lied to my parents and did my best not to tell them where I was or where I was going.

Sometimes I would come home in the early hours of morning and pretend that everything was all right.

My parents had been thinking of sending me to a boot camp for years. They finally decided in the beginning of April. When I arrived I was very angry at the world, but that didn’t last long. I was very stubborn and it took me until my 36th day to get my brown shirt. The hardest part of boot camp for me was paying attention to detail and making the choice to work hard for what I wanted.

I moved up to residency on July 22nd, my 105th day. While I was in residency I let myself slip and get too comfortable, which cost me a couple of trips down to boot camp. It was very tough to put up with 25 girls, all with different problems and personalities that clashed all the time. I spent about 7 months in residency. I was in residency so long because it was hard for them to take me seriously when I joked around so much. So it took me an extra four months to move up to Sr. Resident.

I did very well as a Sr. Resident and I moved up to Jr. Staff in less than two weeks. I moved up on January 28th. Junior Staff has been a tough and fun experience all at the same time. Sometimes it gets tough trying to be the example 24/7. I also had so much I needed to get done and so much that I was looking forward to.

I have made it through the program 412 days later and persevered through it all, all the smiles and the tears. I have had a life turn around and have learned a lot. The greatest thing I have learned is to just love and be loved in return.

If I could tell all of the cadets here at Thayer Learning Center it would be that the greatest things we have in life are Faith, Hope, and Love. Live with all of them.

I am leaving today, respectful, self-confident, and happy.

I would like to thank my precious family for supporting me and being beside me all the way, and the Bundies for helping to give me my life back. I would also like to thank the sergeants for making Jr. Staff fun, and everything else they’ve helped me with. My family rep, I would like to give you a big thank you for being a great family rep. To all the other incredible staff members thank you all for helping me along the way to get me where I am today. Last, but not least thank you for always being there.

Thank-You

So gross. You know in real, non -torture "highschool" the first three quarters of your "graduation" speach isnt about what a horrible terrible cretin you were who, oh my god, argued with your mother, and oh my god, spent time having fun with your freinds. What thayler has taught this girl is masochism, public self inflicted humiliation.
Its taught her parents that for enough money you can pummel the dignity, the mind, and the humanity out of a once living youth. Why Parents, you can create that broken doormat that doesnt exist except to serve your narsisistic ego by public declarations of how terrible they were to you(so true, poor brave you!) and never, never think of their needs or desires or have an ability to think independantly again. OF cfrse your childs life doesnt have the rosiest outlook as people generally need their brains to function but thats not what matters right?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline sick of child torture girl

• View Profile
sick
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 03:28:29 AM »
sorry bout spelling errors so late  :lol:

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
sick
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 03:43:41 AM »
I was very stubborn and it took me until my 36th day to get my brown shirt.

Those brown shirts had a certain legacy, shall we say, in World War II.  Perhaps it is not so coincidental that Thayer Learning Center/bootcamp resurrected their desirability in such a fashion.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
sick
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 09:04:50 AM »
Wow, just boarderline insulting to most people that are real cadets at a senior military college. I really really hate when people use the military or military like boot camps for correction. Thats not the point of boot camps, nor is it the point of military trainning to beat the crap out of some one. Its just insulting to all military people. And fomerer military that work at these boot camps, or work at these "cadet insitutions", I believe have no honor.
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
sick
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 05:16:51 PM »
I often wonder if when the kids write and say they are happy and mean it, is there any harm done?

I don't mean the kids who are so mentally screwed up that they don't really know how they feel anymore, I really am talking about those who are genuinely happy how their lives have turned out, isn't that all anyone wants from life? And if they are happy with what they've been through to get there, then isn't it a good thing?

I'm asking as an outsider really, having never been to a program or having never sent my own children to one, and also as a person who is not happy and would go through several hells just to believe/feel I really am

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
sick
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 05:54:46 PM »
Quote from: ""exhausted""
I often wonder if when the kids write and say they are happy and mean it, is there any harm done?

I don't mean the kids who are so mentally screwed up that they don't really know how they feel anymore, I really am talking about those who are genuinely happy how their lives have turned out, isn't that all anyone wants from life? And if they are happy with what they've been through to get there, then isn't it a good thing?

I'm asking as an outsider really, having never been to a program or having never sent my own children to one, and also as a person who is not happy and would go through several hells just to believe/feel I really am

Exhausted, Coming from a parent who had a child in a TBS it is a great feeling getting those first letters.  At first you are not sure how genuine the words are until you go to your first visit.  When you see your child that has come so far in such a short period of time, regained self esteem, studying again and feeling good about themselves again and genuinely happy.  For the first time in a long time they have plans for themselves (not just tomorrow night).
There is not a better feeling in the world then seeing someone you love feeling good about themselves and happy.

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
sick
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 05:58:49 PM »
But how do you know beyond doubt that they aren't just so programed that they'll say anything to make others think they feel happy, just because it is the way of the program? As in, the kid doing whatever it takes to make everything seem okay in order to get everyone to back off

How can anyone tell wether the kid is genuinely happy and grateful, which I'm sure some of them really are, or wether they don't know thenselves what they feel anymore?

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
sick
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 06:04:35 PM »
But how do you know beyond doubt that they aren't just so programed that they'll say anything to make others think they feel happy, just because it is the way of the program? As in, the kid doing whatever it takes to make everything seem okay in order to get everyone to back off

How can anyone tell wether the kid is genuinely happy and grateful, which I'm sure some of them really are, or wether they don't know thenselves what they feel anymore?

Good question, I really didnt know.  It is hard to tell from a letter, (just like here on the forum.  People respond and it is hard to tell if they are angry by my posts or just asking for more clarification etc.).......until I went to visit her.  Once we sat and talked it became clear that she was doing well.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
sick
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 06:16:32 PM »
and thats why she didnt speak to him for two years after escaping. She was just so happy.

Exhausted many of these programs wont allow you to write any letters home unless they say youre happy.

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
sick
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 06:37:11 PM »
Well thats the kind of thing I mean, the letters and phone calls, visits etc where the kids have to say they're happy or risk mental or physical torture don't paint a true picture, even when they leave (I think Psy said something about this) they still believe they have been saved when there was nothuing wrong in the first place

So how do we distinguish between such kids and the ones who realy are genuinely glad they went to a program

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
sick
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2007, 06:43:10 PM »
I'll just add that even if a child is genuinely happy about their outcome post-program that does not justify any abuse suffered, help at any cost? Thayer is one of the worst programs I've heard about and their track record of abuse and fraud is concrete. If this kid is just getting out of program I'd bet that the Bundies put her up to it to combat the bad press over the Roberto Reyes case.

But yeah exhausted, here's the ISAC page on Thayer Learning Center

*shakes head at who?*
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
sick
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2007, 06:44:50 PM »
No no am not justifying it, I am as anti abuse as the next man, it's just an interesting subject is all

thanks for the link though.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
sick
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2007, 06:48:31 PM »
Well thats the kind of thing I mean, the letters and phone calls, visits etc where the kids have to say they're happy or risk mental or physical torture don't paint a true picture, even when they leave (I think Psy said something about this) they still believe they have been saved when there was nothuing wrong in the first place

So how do we distinguish between such kids and the ones who realy are genuinely glad they went to a program

You really can't due to the nature of programs. I think many will just say whatever to keep the experience in their past. The question I have is does it matter? Will a satisfied student justify abusive treatment?
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
sick
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2007, 06:49:21 PM »
No no am not justifying it, I am as anti abuse as the next man, it's just an interesting subject is all

thanks for the link though.

Thats not what I'm saying  :oops:

I'm just asking in general...... If a happy camper would have any bearing on the "is abuse, isn't abuse" question or the "is it worth it?" question.

Howto]

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
sick
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2007, 07:01:25 PM »
I am guessing, that a program kid who truly believes 100% that their life is better for the experience, would say that it was not abusive, in their eyes itjustified because it gave them a good outcome, the kids who suffered and are still suffering as adults, will say yes, it is very abusive

I think my childhood was abusive, I did not go to a program but I was a very unhappy child and in turn am an unhappy adult, yet i didn't suffer anywhere near what some of these kids do - so i supppose it's all down to the personal thinking of the individual