Author Topic: "What the Bleep?" and "The Secret"  (Read 12246 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: WHAT SECRET
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2007, 04:18:16 PM »
Quote from: ""BROWNIE""
So essentially what sort of bullshit does it attempt to convey?

POSITIVE THINKING SCIENTOLOGY STUFF,"

http://www.official-site.thesgrprogram.com/
"LEARN THE LAW OF ATTRACTION FROM THE TEACHERS FEATURED IN THE SECRET"

blah blah blah...

These possibilities are YOURS for only $1,995.

This is your answer to make
the permanent changes you know are necessary.

Begin Using The Law of Attraction To Better Your World

So please... don't pass up this ridiculously generous offer. You will likely never get another opportunity to listen to this program and activate the Law of Attraction in your life with this kind of detail.

Sincerely,

Bob Proctor

Basically, this is another pyramid scam, as far as I'm concerned... These hucksters are just too lazy to stand behind a pulpit and scream it out for our hard-earned dollars...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline java.gurl

• View Profile
    • http://www.everyanimalmatters.org
"What the Bleep?" and "The Secret"
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2007, 01:45:16 PM »
I gotta watch this damned DVD I have had it for 2 months now. I read my little weekly gossip mags and see the pics of celebs carrying the book "The Secret" around with them. They all say it rocks and is right on the money and has improved their lives 10 fold.  Maybe Elan should pass it out when they get new residents in. It should be required reading for students and staff alike.... :rofl:

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
So, what's The Secret?
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 10:30:06 AM »
Sweat expert James Arthur Ray has a few words to share in this older blog entry:

Wednesday, October 19, 2005
So, what's The Secret?

Dear Friend,

I've got to share some exciting news with you.

I was recently invited to share my personal experience and insights for an upcoming television show called "The Secret," along with several of the world's greatest teachers.

What is "The Secret?"

Well, "The Secret" is a world-premier television event that will rock the planet early next year, featuring the most well-known authors and speakers in the field of transformation and the expansion of consciousness. I recorded over three hours of footage for "The Secret"--two hours longer than scheduled! And I shared some of my best information ever ...

To learn more about "The Secret" (and to check out the must-see trailer), visit the pre-launch website at:

http://jamesray.com/thesecret[/list]

The site has been live for just under 72 hours, and in the first 48 hours, over 16,000 people viewed the trailer--from all over the world! Below is a map showing all the countries that have visited in the first 48 hours. (There is a legend on the side of the map. Red dots indicate 10 or more people have visited from the same location.) You can virtually see the world lighting up as the news spreads that "The Secret" is coming!

To the advancement of the planet,

James Arthur Ray
    President/CEO
    James Ray International

Copyright © 2009 James Ray International, Inc.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
    Re: So, what's The Secret?
    « Reply #18 on: June 24, 2010, 03:43:25 PM »
    Quote from: "Ursus"
    Sweat expert James Arthur Ray has a few words to share in this older blog entry:

Wednesday, October 19, 2005
    So, what's The Secret?

Dear Friend,

I've got to share some exciting news with you.

I was recently invited to share my personal experience and insights for an upcoming television show called "The Secret," along with several of the world's greatest teachers.

What is "The Secret?"

Well, "The Secret" is a world-premier television event that will rock the planet early next year, featuring the most well-known authors and speakers in the field of transformation and the expansion of consciousness. I recorded over three hours of footage for "The Secret"--two hours longer than scheduled! And I shared some of my best information ever ...

To learn more about "The Secret" (and to check out the must-see trailer), visit the pre-launch website at:

http://jamesray.com/thesecret[/list]

The site has been live for just under 72 hours, and in the first 48 hours, over 16,000 people viewed the trailer--from all over the world! Below is a map showing all the countries that have visited in the first 48 hours. (There is a legend on the side of the map. Red dots indicate 10 or more people have visited from the same location.) You can virtually see the world lighting up as the news spreads that "The Secret" is coming!

To the advancement of the planet,

James Arthur Ray
      President/CEO
      James Ray International

Copyright © 2009 James Ray International, Inc.

Ursus, you must feel downtrodden sometimes, like your always going uphill. James just keeps rolling along on his merry way and you keep trying to portray the man as a villian. I don't think folks are listening unless their drinking your kool-aid.
      Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
      « Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 03:53:43 PM »
      Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
      « Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 03:47:16 PM by Joel »

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
      « Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 03:57:11 PM »
      You missed one, Joel....

Ursus, you must feel downtrodden sometimes, like your always going uphill. James just keeps rolling along on his merry way and you keep trying to portray the man as a villian. I don't think folks are listening unless their drinking your kool-aid.

Well, hell.. He almost pulled off 3 sentences.

Paul

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
      « Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 04:03:10 PM »
      Quote from: "DannyB II"
      Ursus, you must feel downtrodden sometimes, like your always going uphill. James just keeps rolling along on his merry way

You mistake Ursus calling someone out on their bullshit for his feeling "downtrodden".  

Yes James Ray is rolling right along...milking all he can out of weak and gullible people, such as yourself apparently.  

That's my issue with those places/people.  They prey on the weak, vulnerable and gullible ones.  They delve into some deep stuff and most times have no qualifications to do so.  It's a money making scam and you're right Danny.....he keeps rolling along, sucking all he can from his marks and not giving a whit about any of the collateral damage he leaves in his wake.
      traight, St. Pete, early 80s
      AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
      « Reply #22 on: June 24, 2010, 04:08:01 PM »
      Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
      Ursus, you must feel downtrodden sometimes, like your always going uphill. James just keeps rolling along on his merry way

You mistake Ursus calling someone out on their bullshit for his feeling "downtrodden".  

Yes James Ray is rolling right along...milking all he can out of weak and gullible people, such as yourself apparently.  

That's my issue with those places/people.  They prey on the weak, vulnerable and gullible ones.  They delve into some deep stuff and most times have no qualifications to do so.  It's a money making scam and you're right Danny.....he keeps rolling along, sucking all he can from his marks and not giving a whit about any of the collateral damage he leaves in his wake.[/quote

Fuckin  Ay........ :rocker:  :rocker:  :rocker:
      I know Anne, it is just horrible.
      My Goodness you would make a wonderful Drama teacher.

Offline aliciakeys

• View Profile
      « Reply #23 on: June 24, 2010, 04:12:35 PM »

That's my issue with those places/people.  They prey on the weak, vulnerable and gullible ones.  They delve into some deep stuff and most times have no qualifications to do so.  It's a money making scam and you're right Danny.....he keeps rolling along, sucking all he can from his marks and not giving a whit about any of the collateral damage he leaves in his wake.[/quote

Danny why are you disrespecting your master again?    :fuckoff:

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
      « Reply #24 on: June 24, 2010, 04:32:17 PM »

That's my issue with those places/people.  They prey on the weak, vulnerable and gullible ones.  They delve into some deep stuff and most times have no qualifications to do so.  It's a money making scam and you're right Danny.....he keeps rolling along, sucking all he can from his marks and not giving a whit about any of the collateral damage he leaves in his wake.
      Lol. When ya got nothing more ya can possibly say... try a gratuitous ad hominem! :D

Ad hominem abusive

Ad hominem abusive usually involves insulting or belittling one's opponent, but can also involve pointing out factual but ostensible character flaws or actions which are irrelevant to the opponent's argument. This tactic is logically fallacious because insults and even true negative facts about the opponent's personal character have nothing to do with the logical merits of the opponent's arguments or assertions.

Examples:

• "You can't believe Jack when he says the proposed policy would help the economy. He doesn't even have a job."
          [li]"Candidate Jane's proposal about zoning is ridiculous. She was caught cheating on her taxes in 2003."
        [/li][/list]

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
        « Reply #25 on: June 24, 2010, 04:33:03 PM »
        Anne wrote:

Danny wrote:
        I did not know that you were qualified to call James, "out on his bullshit".

See, this is what I mean Anne because I don't agree with your view, I am weak and gullible. Why do you have to do this, why can't you just state your point and leave it at that. I am not weak and gullible, I did not pay thousands of dollars for sweat lodge weekends nor do I endorse James Rays workshops.
        I probably know as much about the man as you, zilch really.
        I am not ready to brand the guy a villain, snake oil salesman or milkman.

Anne, you got all of this out of a very sad set of events.
        You do understand the average price was $9000.00, not chicken feed. The people who attended were your above average income earners, white collar executives. Supposed to be smart, level-headed folks yet without much common sense.
        Who pays $9000.00 for a weekend, folks who have cash and don't care how they spend it.
        So no, they are not weak and gullible, they are folks with to much money and no common sense.
        Just my opinion, Anne.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
        « Reply #26 on: June 24, 2010, 04:51:13 PM »
        I did not know that you were qualified to call James, "out on his bullshit".

Sure I am.  So are you.  Anyone is.  It's called an opinion.

See, this is what I mean Anne because I don't agree with your view, I am weak and gullible.

No, I think you're weak and gullible because you put your faith in stupid crap like Tony Robbins, James Ray etc., not because you disagree with me.

Why do you have to do this, why can't you just state your point and leave it at that.

I did.

I am not weak and gullible, I did not pay thousands of dollars for sweat lodge weekends nor do I endorse James Rays workshops.
        I probably know as much about the man as you, zilch really.

You sure imply differently.

I am not ready to brand the guy a villain, snake oil salesman or milkman.

Ok....I am.

Anne, you got all of this out of a very sad set of events.

Ok.

You do understand the average price was $9000.00, not chicken feed.

Yeah, stupid people pay big bucks for stupid shit.

The people who attended were your above average income earners, white collar executives. Supposed to be smart, level-headed folks yet without much common sense.
        Who pays $9000.00 for a weekend, folks who have cash and don't care how they spend it.

And are weak, gullible and in search of the next 'guru' to lead them around by their bank account.

So no, they are not weak and gullible, they are folks with to much money and no common sense.
        Just my opinion, Anne.

Not to different from mine then.  Ok.
        traight, St. Pete, early 80s
        AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
        « Reply #27 on: June 24, 2010, 04:57:38 PM »
        You do understand the average price was $9000.00, not chicken feed. The people who attended were your above average income earners, white collar executives. Supposed to be smart, level-headed folks yet without much common sense.
        According to the update in this article, the price for the Spiritual Warrior experience was $9,695. As many as 68 people were allegedly crammed into that sweat box.

Within two hours, it became necessary to place a 911 call regarding two folk who had no pulse. By the time emergency help arrived, 19 additional folk also had to be transported to a variety of local hospitals, several even helicoptered off of the retreat site.

This would be a roughly 31% "mishap" rate, presuming an accurate head count. Not due to an act of God; no thunderbolts struck the sweat lodge, no tornadoes carted anyone away. So who was responsible for this, eh? Are ya gonna blame the whole thing on the participants who signed up for this, the "folks with to
        • [/b] much money and no common sense?"

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
        « Reply #28 on: June 24, 2010, 05:17:38 PM »
        According to the update in this article, the price for the Spiritual Warrior experience was $9,695. As many as 68 people were allegedly crammed into that sweat box.

Within two hours, it became necessary to place a 911 call regarding two folk who had no pulse. By the time emergency help arrived, 19 additional folk also had to be transported to a variety of local hospitals, several even helicoptered off of the retreat site.

This would be a roughly 31% "mishap" rate, presuming an accurate head count. Not due to an act of God; no thunderbolts struck the sweat lodge, no tornadoes carted anyone away. So who was responsible for this, eh? Are ya gonna blame the whole thing on the participants who signed up for this, the "folks with to
        Well if I was to take your train of thought, I would just blame James. I can't do that Ursus, why because their is a level of expectation that these participants have some common sense. They are above average wage earners so they must have some smarts.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
        « Reply #29 on: June 25, 2010, 05:58:30 PM »

Well if I was to take your train of thought, I would just blame James. I can't do that Ursus, why because their is a level of expectation that these participants have some common sense. They are above average wage earners so they must have some smarts.
        I see. So... the more money you have or earn, the smarter you are? If I was to follow that train of thought, that kinda implies that ... the poorer you are, the dumber you must be. Maybe not.

Disregarding the disposable income issue for the moment, just what ARE you implying here? That it is totally okay for any huckster to come up with any newage "spiritual" experience they want, regardless of any consequences or common sense safety issues, and regardless of whether or not they know what the heck they are doing, and that it is completely up to the participants to protect themselves?

You state that there is "a level of expectation that these participants have some common sense." Isn't there also a level of expectation that the facilitators of these experiential exercises have common sense, if not more so, given that they claim to be the "professional experts," are paid handsomely for that expertise, and are the ones in charge of the whole affair?

Why do you fault the participants for not having enough common sense, yet not the facilitators or owners of these LGATs?