Author Topic: China: 48$ per day against internet addiction  (Read 3243 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
China: 48$ per day against internet addiction
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007, 12:38:35 AM »
Quote from: ""Three Springs Waygookin""
You visiting or heading down to Busan for work?

Either way lemme know when you touch down in Incheon. I'd be happy to spring for a few rounds of Soju shots and gamtagang.

Naw,no work,I have Chinese friends in Pusan.
I like Korean food,but that SoJu tastes like watered down rubbing alcohol.
I live in China,but I sometimes visit Pusan,usually stay 2 weeks.
Ive been to Seoul/InCheon many times,but I only pass through,I really dont know where the CHEAP YeoinSuk is located in Seoul/InCheon.I have always wanted to see more of Korea,a small country easy and cheap transportation,the "poor man's" Japan.
I also need to visit KyuShu/ShiKoKu Japan,I have friends and FREE place to stay,but I never seem to have enough time.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2007, 12:45:00 AM »
Just curious TSW,what is your age ,I assume between 35 or 40?
What kind of work are you doing in Korea?
Dont tell me "English Teacher"?

I would like to live in South Korea,its pleasent enoughand I have lots of Korean/Chinese friends there,but I could never teach English,Im not educated.I gots no book learning.

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2007, 12:49:04 AM »
Right then.. I won't be a cheap bastard and I'll find a bottle of something worth drinking. I think I saw a bottle of Aquavit at the market in Seoul. I'll try to run one down. Name your poison and I'll see what I can do.

Visiting Korea.. Hmmmm.. Well Start in Seoul... Visit the War Memorial.. maybe do a DMZ tour... I'm not a big fan of Seoul.. why I live in the Burbs.

If you want to party there is Sinchon, Hongdae, or Itaewon.

After that head down to Busan.. Hit Daegu for a night.. Get your lonely planet guide.. I'm not even sure what is in Daegu that is worth visiting.

Busan.. got the temples.. and of course they got the "Temple" down on Texas street. No doubt you've seen this before. I'd suggest getting out the lonely planet and going and visiting as many of the smaller Islands that you can make it to. Some of them are pretty much the last remaining isolated pockets of traditional Korean style living that you will be able to find. Well isolated as far as having a massage parlor and a pc bang on the island.

I'd make it a point to head up to Pohong on the East Coast.. Maybe try to make a visit to Ullengdo Island.. Spelling?... Supposed to be a sight to behold in the spring.. though not very spring feeling at the moment.

Other than that don't know what to tell you.

If you have a Dave's Account.. I'd suggest going over to that forum and asking some of the Long term expats.

Another forum I can suggest is expatkorea.com

I post on that one, and they have plenty of long term expats who no doubt will be able to provide much more detailed information as to where to go.
am the metal pig.

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2007, 12:51:27 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

I would like to live in South Korea,its pleasent enoughand I have lots of Korean/Chinese friends there,but I could never teach English,Im not educated.I gots no book learning.

31.. English Teacher.

I'm planning on doing a stint in China also. Maybe Taiwan.. not sure yet.. possibly Japan.. but lawds.. Expensive... Though the women are far hotter and far friendlier.
am the metal pig.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2007, 01:35:21 AM »

31.. English Teacher.

I'm planning on doing a stint in China also. Maybe Taiwan.. not sure yet.. possibly Japan.. but lawds.. Expensive... Though the women are far hotter and far friendlier.

Yes,but in Taiwan you can actually make some real good money teaching English.
I live in Mainland China,and Ill tell you its better to just hang out and travel and make Chinese friends rather than trying to work here.
Chinese people really make good long lasting friends,unlike these transparent Koreans who never return a fucking email.
Koreans are all the same,just when you meet one who you think is "different",you scratch the surface and underneath,just another stupid fucking Korean.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2007, 01:43:22 AM »
How much does weed cost in Korea?
What quantities is it sold in,unit size?
Whats the quality,the budget stuff?
How do you buy it on the street?Taxi drivers?Jiggy Jiggy Man?
Who is selling it on the street?
Where is the best place in Korea to find it growing wild?
I understand the weed laws in Korea.
In Japan it can be picked on Hokkiado in north Japan.
I can find it grownig everywhere in China,its low quality,but its better than nothing.
I dont drink,in Korea i get off on Choco-Pie and NongShim.
I want to smoke weed there,but I have no connection.
I enjoy eating NongShim at the convienience store noodle bar.
I live on Texas Street when I am in Korea,but that place makes me depressed,and I know its a poor representation of South Korea.
I think I need to get out to a rural place in South Korea,find a CHEAP yeoinsuk and meet the locals.

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2007, 08:12:51 AM »
Well.. I hear you can score weed in Itaewon. I personally don't know who to go see about that. Seems the one person I used to know got himself tossed on a plane back to Nigeria.  I do know that the laws are absurd. Because of my visa I can be hauled at anytime on suspicion and urine tested. If THC shows up in the old cup o' pee I will be arrested, massively fined, and deported to my country of origin at my own expense. Should I be unable to pay I will be held in the South Korean Immigration lock up until the funds are made avaliable.

If you want to see rural Korea then go visit the Islands off the coast. Another way is to just start hitching rides on various buses and end up who the fuck knows where. Normally that is what I do on a weekend when I am bored off my knob and want something to do.

Taiwan is good money for teaching, but the salaries aren't rising with the cost of living. Here in Korea the starting wage is still shite, but you can negotiate better paying contracts for lower hours after you get your first year under your belt. I did that, but ended up getting fired from my second contract. They felt my image wasn't suitable for their school. Meaning my hearing aids pissed off some parents. This put me back to square one and I am now 7 months into my 3rd contract and doing quite well. Not sure if I am going to re-up my contract with my current school of move on. Depends on how much my boss makes it worth my while.
am the metal pig.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2007, 08:34:16 AM »
and you think America is fascist.. fuck. what does it feel like traveling in a country where you are one piss test away from jail or getting kicked out? sounds like we need to launch a few more wars to bring these fuckers some freedoms!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2007, 09:40:34 AM »
If you want to see rural Korea then go visit the Islands off the coast. Another way is to just start hitching rides on various buses and end up who the fuck knows where. Normally that is what I do on a weekend when I am bored off my knob and want something to do.

OK,but what are the cheapest sleeping accomodations in these rural areas (not the islands)?
Is there CHEAP Yeoinsuk,$10,000WON or less?
How about Minbak under $10,000WON?
The bus hitching is what I plan to do.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2007, 09:54:47 AM »
Well.. I hear you can score weed in Itaewon.

OK,but how much does it cost?
What quantities is it sold in (I dont want to buy less than 5 or 10 grams at a time)?
Are there different quality weed sold,or is it all the same?

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2007, 10:46:12 AM »

OK,but what are the cheapest sleeping accomodations in these rural areas (not the islands)?
Is there CHEAP Yeoinsuk,$10,000WON or less?
How about Minbak under $10,000WON?
The bus hitching is what I plan to do.

No clue.. I've always stayed in Jimjilbangs, pc rooms, and love motels.

I think minbaks run around 20,000. Again.. No idea.. What you ought to do is go register on the www.expatkorea.com  forum. Ask them these questions. They will be able to give you specific answers.

As far as weed goes? Again.. No clue.. I'm not willing to risk my visa over getting high. I can get blind pissy drunk, pass out in public, sleep it off curled up in the gutter, get up, and go home without a word said. Yet the minute a joint passes with in a light year of me I could well have the entire Korean Army after me.
am the metal pig.

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2007, 11:11:53 AM »
and you think America is fascist.. fuck. what does it feel like traveling in a country where you are one piss test away from jail or getting kicked out? sounds like we need to launch a few more wars to bring these fuckers some freedoms!!!

Well for one thing I don't smoke weed in Korea. So it really doesn't apply to me now does it? I can willingly give up smoking weed for a lifestyle that keeps me in chips and dip relatively free of annoying crap. Sure I have to deal with the locals on a daily basis, but as my hearing is so fucked I can't even begin to comprehend a word they babble at me I just wander through the day not even giving a shit what they have to say.

Freedom is an illusion, but my illusion of freedom as a English Teacher in Korea is far more solid than the average American working stiff back in bumcrack USA.
am the metal pig.