Author Topic: Lost Friends to the SEED  (Read 9927 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Lost Friends to the SEED
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2003, 08:35:00 PM »
Were you one of those sons or daughters?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Lost Friends to the SEED
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2003, 11:06:00 AM »
you mean am I a waymire or Vine?

Er, no.

I was in the Seed with the Waymire kids.

To the extent that a society limits its government to policing functions which curb the individuals who engage in aggressive and criminal actions, and conducts its economic affairs on the basis of free and willing exchange, to that extent domestic peace prevails. When a society departs from this norm, its governing class begins, in effect, to make war upon the rest of the nation. A situation is created in which everyone is victimized by everyone else under the fiction of each living at the expense of all.

--Edmund A. Opitz

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Lost Friends to the SEED
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2003, 06:00:00 AM »
And I was in with the Vines' kids.

Isn't it amazing the changes that can occur over the short span of just a few monts.

Offline Lazarus

• View Profile
Lost Friends to the SEED
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2003, 06:06:00 PM »
You are absolutely right, I was there when Ray Waymire's son was. We had been friends until the death of a mutual friend from an overdose, that his Mother convinced everyone was my fault. Jesus what a nightmare. I also went to LHS, but dropped out. I probably know a good many of you guys or at least older siblings etc.
Men are disturbed not by things, but by the view which they take of them.                                                               - Epictetus

Are you a Victim, a Survivor or a Student?

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Lost Friends to the SEED
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2003, 10:35:00 PM »
WElcome and thank you for posting! We have so many people lurking and afraid to post here....

Please start a thread and tell us a little about your story. Ray's brother Pat last I heard was still locked up.

Anyway, can't wait to hear your story, how you feel today about your experiences so long ago, nd how you process the experience now from an adult perspective....

He, who has nothing, and who himself belongs to another, must be defended by him, whose property he is, and needs no arms. But he, who thinks he is his own master, and has what he can call his own, ought to have arms to defend himself, and what he possesses; else he lives precariously, and at discretion.

--James Burgh 1774

Offline Lazarus

• View Profile
Lost Friends to the SEED
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2003, 02:46:00 AM »
I don't think my story will mean much to most of those participating here, as I get the general impression that I am a good deal older than most of you. I was also a bit older(I turned 50 this year) than most of you were, when I first went to the St. Pete Seed as well, I believe in 1972 or 73. And, as I recall, I didn't stick around very long either. You'll have to forgive me, but that was thirty years, a lot of drugs and probably a good 10,000 gallons of alcohol ago. I ran from the Seed and continued running until 1996. There were a few brief stops along the way, 75-79 I spent in prison after getting drunk and pulling an armed robbery. A few months after I got out of prison, I finally gave up on the drugs, I didn't want to go back and alcohol was far easier to get. I still had all of the same demons, just a different way to deal with them.

If anyone is interested, I can tell a little more about my mis-spent youth, but it may interest you to know that all of the misery and heartache brought by The Seed, Straight, Art Barker, Mel Sembler, et al. was simply collateral damage or acceptable loss. The Seed and Straight were merely a means to an end for these "founders." There is none so powerful as he who has the control of youth and that is true either figuratively or literally. These men gained enormous power and influence, not to mention a fair amount of wealth and fame at the expense of a generation. Do a search on Art Barker or Mel Sembler, and you might be surprised at results. If nothing else, look and see what the pain and misery a few thousands kids gets people.

[ This Message was edited by: Lazarus on 2003-09-08 00:21 ]
Men are disturbed not by things, but by the view which they take of them.                                                               - Epictetus

Are you a Victim, a Survivor or a Student?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Lost Friends to the SEED
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2003, 04:59:00 PM »
Thanks, Lazarus, for getting it.

I came around to my interest in the Program after probably 5 years of more of looking into drug policy and around 18 years after I split for the final time.

Having looked into the issue pretty thoroughly and read and heard a lot of different people's stories, there are some people who went through the Program with whom I would not want to trade places, not on a bet! However, there are a lot more people who've been subject to some of the Semblers other helpful programs with whom I would definitely not like to trade lives.

If it were all about what happened to me and my family 20 years ago, it wouldn't be that important to me. It's not. I knew how cracked these people were and was happy just to be away from them, even though it split my family. When something in the broader world gave me the creeps because it reminded me of the Program, I always chalked it up to leftover paranoia.

When I found out that I wasn't paranoid after all; the these same people were involved in the most insidious and lunatic aspects of the drug war, that's when I decided that I had to do what I could to get the word out, even though I liked it far better when only I was a little paranoid but the rest of the world was more-or-less OK.

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark.  The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.  
--Plato

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Lost Friends to the SEED
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2003, 09:14:00 PM »
Hey lazarius. Nice to hear from you. I am out of the country right now but will be back tomorrow. Please post more of your story, and welcome to our forum....

There never was a good war or a bad peace.

--Benjamin Franklin, (1773)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Lost Friends to the SEED
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2003, 03:49:00 AM »
I was put in the seed because somebody saw me as a threat to them when they were in and I was not there. They came to my parents and brainwashed them. These people all claimed they were my "friends" but were rather stuck-up towards me because I was poor. My bill with the Seed wasn't paid off ever. Fake friends before ...during......and now of course they are ALL screwed up on all kinds of things I hear... but I'm clean and sober still. But I don't have one really close friend who understands me. They even put me in Straight Inc. later and I escaped and left the country. I wasn't even abusing drugs. I was working in nightclubs as a musician. I've even talkd with one of these key people who hd me put in the seed and he tried to push dope on me. I had him busted. I don't care what people do, but the Dunedin click of Seed kids were all no good at all. Glad to be rid of the bunch.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Lost Friends to the SEED
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2003, 06:47:00 AM »
And very glad to have you hear. Welcome to The SDF!

Don't you suppose that maybe...after all these years, you could perhaps start viewing those other kids as victims also.....even the Dunedin Seed Kids? Many many children with no drug problems had severe drug problems after the Seed.

go figure....

Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't.
-- Anonymous

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Lost Friends to the SEED
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2003, 09:06:00 AM »
On 2003-10-31 00:49:00, Anonymous wrote:

but I'm clean and sober still. But I don't have one really close friend who understands me.

Don't be too sure of that. I felt misunderstood until about five years ago when I realized there were thousands, literally tens of thousands, of kids now adults that shared my experience. You know what, I also found out that some people very close to me, that came to be my friends  miles and miles from where I had been abused as a kid, were straight graduates that were keeping it a big secret.

The problem, as I see it, is shame. We all carried it for so long, we buried it, we disvowed the Seed, we refused to think about it or talk about it, we hid it from our spouses and children, but it never really went away it just became a negative part of us, a hurtfull portion of our wounded egos.

That shame belongs back in our childhood, and on the backs of the perpetrators of this scam.

And back to your original comment, there are many many people who read this message board that understand.

Where powers are assumed which have not been delegated, a nullification of the act is the rightful remedy.
http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson: Kentucky Resolutions, 1798

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Lost Friends to the SEED
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2003, 09:12:00 AM »
What branch of straight were you in and when?
(I was in VA from '82 - '85.)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Lost Friends to the SEED
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2003, 10:21:00 AM »
Froderick, reread his/her post. The person was in The Seed St Pete during the same time frame I was there, way back in the early 70s........

WE ARE OLD

What experiences and history teach is this-that people and government never have learned anything from history, or acted on principles deduced from it.

--G.W.F Hegel (1770-1831)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Lost Friends to the SEED
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2003, 10:25:00 AM »
reread his post Greg - he also said he was in Straight (I imagine it was St. Pete)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Lost Friends to the SEED
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2003, 01:12:00 PM »
Oops!  Sorry I stand corrected.

Was it St Pete Straight, Anon, and would you PLEASE give us a post comparing/contrasting the two camps??????

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is the meaning of success.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson