Author Topic: Lost Friends to the SEED  (Read 9931 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Lost Friends to the SEED
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2005, 01:45:00 PM »
Really, don't sweat it! Yeah, sure, in the moment it was always stressful when someone would goad us on like that. But it was also very reassuring to those of us who were just waiting it out.

Reminds me of the funniest damned thing that happened to me while in Straight. I was on a permission w/ my mom and a couple of other Straightlings at Disney World. (long story, but these were required, regimented type field trips. Pretending convincingly that it was much, much more fun than anything prior to intake day was also required)

So anyway, here I am w/ these dweebs wandering down Main Street USA when I caught a whiff of the kind on the air. That would have been surreal enough, but then I spoted the source. It was this guy on stilts dressed like Uncle Sam, sauntering along, grinning and tokin' up right there in front of Mickey Mouse and everybody. I never did figure out if my companions noticed and just thought it was better left unsaid of if they really missed it entirely.

Government operates best when it allows all messengers to offer their views, allowing the American people to decide which take root and which wither away.
--Harold Furchtgott-Roth, member of the Federal Communications Commission

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline ChrisL

• View Profile
    • http://chrislewiscpa.com
Lost Friends to the SEED
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2005, 10:02:00 PM »
Wolfman Jack's
"Midnight Special" the one you are thinking of Greg is

Don Kirshners' "In Concert"
hris Lewis
Seed 1973 -1975
AA 1991 -

Offline Napolean Bonafart

• View Profile
    • http://electriclarryland.spaces.live.com/lists/
Lost Friends to the SEED
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2005, 02:55:00 AM »
"In concert" was a network show that came on at 11:00 P.M. friday night. Midnight special was Saturday night at 12:00. Don Kirshner had a thing called "Rock Concert" That was back in the day.

Truth resides in every human heart, and one has to search for it there, and to be guided by truth as one sees it. But no one has a right to coerce others to act according to his own view of truth.

--Mohandas K. Gandhi

quot;Thank you peanut gallery\"

• View Profile
Lost Friends to the SEED
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2005, 02:57:00 AM »
Don't tell me the Dunedin click is finally coming out of the closet to harass me again?

The last struggles of a great superstition are very frequently the worst.
--Andrew Dickson

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Lost Friends to the SEED
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2005, 03:02:00 PM »
Yahana:  I also graduated from Lakewood in 1977 and spent a lot of my youth at Pineview.  Perhaps we knew each other.  GregFl also went to Lakewood.  Email me sometime and we'll figure out if we knew each other.  MPV 459

Offline ChrisL

• View Profile
    • http://chrislewiscpa.com
Lost Friends to the SEED
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2005, 11:50:00 PM »
"In concert" was a network show that came on at 11:00 P.M. friday night. Midnight special was Saturday night at 12:00. Don Kirshner had a thing called "Rock Concert" That was back in the day.

AAAAhhhhhh.. You are correct,   Grasshopper...
hris Lewis
Seed 1973 -1975
AA 1991 -

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Lost Friends to the SEED
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2005, 10:00:00 AM »
On 2005-10-19 20:50:00, ChrisL wrote:

" "In concert" was a network show that came on at 11:00 P.M. friday night. Midnight special was Saturday night at 12:00. Don Kirshner had a thing called "Rock Concert" That was back in the day.

AAAAhhhhhh.. You are correct,   Grasshopper..."

yes, and it was considered a "druggie show" that I could not watch during the seed.  

Damn, I just loved that show. I remember watching deep purple smash their guitars after a set that concluded with "smoke on the water".

What a great show that was!

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Lost Friends to the SEED
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2005, 10:03:00 AM »
On 2005-10-17 16:34:00, yhana wrote:

"I was never in the Seed but I lost friends to it.  I grew up in Lakewood Estates and graduated from Lakewood High in 1977.

I never understood the reaction from those poor kids to a simple hello.  They seemed horrified and terrified and just plain paralyzed.  After reading some of these messages I am begining to get a sense of the true horror that they went through.  I feel selfish for feeling sorry for MYSELF when a seedling, former friend, would not speak to me anymore.  

Such a waste.  I was sorry then for those kids and I am still sorry now.  

Thank God my folks were too independent to put us under the control of other people!

"

Damn I bet I know you.....

• View Profile
Lost Friends to the SEED
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2005, 05:27:00 PM »
I fucking watched all the shows on TV, did my own shows, and went to shows at concert halls. The Seed knew all about it. It was the Dunedin click that had me ruined from being a rock and roll legend by putting me in straight. But of course people carried the torch. I played in a dance hall band.

Faith is a cop-out. It is intellectual bankruptcy. If the only way you can accept an assertion is by faith, then you are conceding that it can't be taken on its own merits.
--Dan Barker, author and former evangelist