Author Topic: Night Shift Revelations  (Read 2287 times)

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
Night Shift Revelations
« on: March 05, 2007, 12:32:08 AM »
My part time job takes me 19 miles to the northwest corner of the county two nights a week.  It is there that I provide security/maintenance for the local gas station mini-mart.  It stands as an oasis of sorts bordered by 3 different counties.  From within the warm and friendly confines, you can blow your paycheck on more than 30 varieties of scratch off lottery tickets, take your chance playing coffeepot roulette on coffee that holds a close second to freshly cooked Meth, or enjoy one of the many culinary delights that emerge from the talented cashier's skills in the back kitchen grill area.  I wholeheartedly recommend the Cheeseburger Plate with a generous helping of Homemade Coleslaw at only $4.95
and if you order it before 2:30 a.m., you still have time to grab a six pack on your way out the door.

The station is surprisingly busy for Tuesday and Wednesday nights.
I am amazed at what passes for nightlife here in southeastern Tennessee.  We have a countryfied version of "The Fast & The Furious."  These country boys fell into that movie shit hook line and sinker and will take a junk Honda or Nissan from the local yards and dump half their annual salaries into the damn things tricking them out.  Most of the time all they wind up accomplishing is becoming a magnet for the local law enforcement who tirelessly dog the hell out of these poor idiots because they stand out like a turd in a punchbowl.  We have a crew of 4 or 5 guys who pull into the station to stock up on Mountain Dew, Slim Jims and Red Bull and they actually display their most recent traffic tickets to the cashier girl like they are valuable trophies, then when they are through flirting and such, they head up to Rabbit Valley Road for some more drag racing.  About 10 minutes later, me and Kayla see 3 or 4 cruisers rip around the intersection of Highway 58 and tear ass up Rt. 60 to apprehend them.

During one of her smoke breaks outside, I asked her about 9-11, and what it had been like for her.  Kayla is just 19, so she was in middle school when it happened.  What she told me kind of freaked me out.  Her principle got on the P.A. and ordered all teachers to stop the curiculum and turn the televisions to whatever channel and the rest of the school day was pretty much watching the media circus of the planes hitting the towers,  the towers falling, and all the other stuff that went with it.

Call me a hermit, but up until that conversation, I had no idea that 9-11 was part of the classroom experience for any children.  I don't know, I think it was messed up that a school administrator would willingly expose the children to that sort of chaos.  She told me that a lot of parents were really pissed off that their kids were forced to watch that shit, but that the principle had gotten his orders from the highest levels of the Board of Education.  That is some fucked up shit man.  That would be like me and my classmates having to watch live footage of a platoon of American soldiers get their arms and legs blown off in a surprise ambush in Vietnam back in the seventies.  What purpose did it serve?  Geesh, no wonder kids these days act the way they do.  They have been desensitized to the point of total numbness.  Well, all I can say is that it became the basis of the start of a very strange and insightful friendship.

We have'nt really got around to talking about drugs and drug abuse issues, but she points out truckers that she knows are on pills and shit.  A lot of times it's pretty obvious, cause they'll get so cranked up, they forget to turn off their Jake Brake after leaving the mountains and flames and shit pop out of their stacks when they get caught at the only light for miles around.  I never thought a simple part time job at a gas station could be so damn entertaining, but it is.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Night Shift Revelations
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 09:33:15 PM »
That sort of blows my mind too. I just asked my future ex son in law, who would have been in highschool at the time. Same damned thing. They called on the room phones w/ instructions. Kids were freaked, most of them went home thinking the schools would be next. That is some fuuuuuuuked up shit!
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Night Shift Revelations
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 11:11:15 AM »
Oh please!
They did the same thing in my school when Elvis died.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Night Shift Revelations
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 12:23:39 PM »
Really? I was in private school then. Do you think they did that in all of the public schools? And can you think of any reason why any sane person inside the BOE or DOE would give such a directive?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Night Shift Revelations
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 01:07:23 PM »
'cause it was an event of national interest.  I listened on the radio on the way to score that day, and my dealer had it on TV.  Nothing more sinister than people are interested in huge disasters.  I can't believe you guys are trying to turn this into a conspiracy/Big Brother thing.  The kids all watched the shooting for the "Teachers In Space" album cover, too.  DO YOU THINK CHALLENGER WAS SABOTAGED TO MAKE KIDS AFRAID OF THE SPACE PROGRAM????????MY GOD, THE KIDS WERE ALL WATCHING IT WHEN IT WENT DOWN.............

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Night Shift Revelations
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 08:48:36 PM »
I think they way they covered it was calculated to induce generalized anxiety, just like the Daisey Girl commercial. It would be different if individual teachers or even principals spontaneously decided to turn on the idiot box. But if an order actually came down from the BOE or DOE, that's an entirely different matter.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Night Shift Revelations
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 09:08:31 PM »
(To all): So what really happened?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Night Shift Revelations
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 09:55:55 PM »
A lot of things we'll never know for sure, but some things we know well enough. Here are just a couple.

All or virtually all of the 300 page Patriot Act was already written prior to the event. Much of it had been proposed and defeated many times.

While Congress was out of touch due to the bogus Anthrax attack (strain traced to US labs, etc, lots of other unbelievable shit) the bill was proposed and then was passed w/o serious debate or even the legally required wait within a couple of days after they were allowed back into their offices, still unable to receive postal mail in a timely manner.

Mean time, because of the alleged crimes of some Saudi nationals, we were told that we must bomb the living shit out of the dust and rubble that was left of Afghanistan where our very own well established CIA asset Usama Binladen, had trained resistance fighters back when he was a freedom fighter.

Then, for reasons easily understood if you accept that our fearless leaders are fucking nuts, we then proceeded to demonize, dethrown and eventually have executed Usama's #2 enemy, that secular heathen Soviet ally, Sadam (not Sodom, that was a city in ancient Bible stories) Hussein.

Next act, the same mother fuckers who orchastrated all this and then some, just as they had vowed to do when they all signed on to the Project for a New American Century (a lot like Community Anti-Drug Coalitions only more blatantly golbal and even a little more maniacal, but otherwise essentially the same sort of garden club) took on many, many billions if not trillions of dollars worth of no bid contracts to rebuild after their own image on the sites they had been paid already to demolish (arms deals, contractors, etc)

As an aside, the smirking chimp's top money man became the first living, serving ambassador ever to have an embassy named after him.

Talk about Chuspah!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Night Shift Revelations
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 10:19:51 PM »
This is really bugging me lately. Were you all stunned and amazed when the WTO came down? Cause I wasn't. I was a whole lot more disturbed by how affected everyone else was by it than by the event itself.

At the time, I was a whole lot more involved in drug policy reform than I have been since. In fact, ya might even say that the exchanges I had w/ well known and respected drug policy reformers over this gave me a lot of the impetus to go full on w/ efforts to bring together all us freaks who have something to say to the Semblers and their professional peers.

Within a day or so, it seemed the whole body of drug policy reform was all about burying hatchets, offering olive branches, turning swords into plowshares--all in the interest of unifying w/ their fellow Americans on the other side of their pet issue. "Surely", they said, "they'll be just as willing to put aside our differences to deal with this ferign threat." That and they didn't want to appear petty or over zealous or calloused to the national sorrow and international sympathy.

I tried to explain the nature of the people surrounding the smirking chimp. What a fucking fool! Even you fuckers who have known them up close and personal don't seem willing to connect the dots.

As it turned out, the Ogilvy commercials depicing 13yo teenyboppers as terrorist supporters were already in production. You remember those, right? They'd have a little girl then a little boy in popular attire on camera reading line to the effect "I helped execute a family in Nicaragua" and "I helped poison children and assasinate police men" and "I tear the wings off of angels and fairies just for shits and giggles." Then the overdub "If you use illegal drugs, you support terrorism."

I hope you'll remember those. They cost us all a few million to run during the Super Bowl and I know most of you didn't miss that!

Sorry if I'm a little bitchy lately. Polity hasn't worked so well for me.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Night Shift Revelations
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 11:32:00 PM »
Quote from: ""Antigen's Ghost""
At the time, I was a whole lot more involved in drug policy reform than I have been since. In fact, ya might even say that the exchanges I had w/ well known and respected drug policy reformers over this gave me a lot of the impetus to go full on w/ efforts to bring together all us freaks who have something to say to the Semblers and their professional peers.

Within a day or so, it seemed the whole body of drug policy reform was all about burying hatchets, offering olive branches, turning swords into plowshares--all in the interest of unifying w/ their fellow Americans on the other side of their pet issue. "Surely", they said, "they'll be just as willing to put aside our differences to deal with this ferign threat." That and they didn't want to appear petty or over zealous or calloused to the national sorrow and international sympathy.

I tried to explain the nature of the people surrounding the smirking chimp. What a fucking fool! Even you fuckers who have known them up close and personal don't seem willing to connect the dots.
They will use anything and everything to their advantage that they can get away with.  Our focus on other issues is the perfect destabilizing effect to milk for all it is worth; there will be no having to pay the piper as, seemingly, it is none of their doing.

Bottom line is it is the financial and personal interests of a small group of families, their friends and allies, and the military industrial establishment, to bring back a phrase from the not so long ago past, that make decisions regarding this country's directions et al.  It is a sadly stacked deck, and very hard to chip away at.  Only the constancy of a dedicated segment of the population slogging away over a long period of time along with a few key sympathetic political players can any difference be made.  But it can be done.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Night Shift Revelations
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 03:24:46 AM »
Face it, we're fucked!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Night Shift Revelations
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 04:23:10 AM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
Quote from: ""Antigen's Ghost""

They will use anything and everything to their advantage that they can get away with.  Our focus on other issues is the perfect destabilizing effect to milk for all it is worth; there will be no having to pay the piper as, seemingly, it is none of their doing.

Bottom line is it is the financial and personal interests of a small group of families, their friends and allies, and the military industrial establishment, to bring back a phrase from the not so long ago past, that make decisions regarding this country's directions et al.  It is a sadly stacked deck, and very hard to chip away at.  Only the constancy of a dedicated segment of the population slogging away over a long period of time along with a few key sympathetic political players can any difference be made.  But it can be done.

What we need is another Sammie
(Samantha "Did you see me on Montel" Monroe) Parade.That will get their attention!

Offline NAILBOMB

• View Profile
Night Shift Revelations
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2007, 08:59:33 PM »
WTC was brought down with Thermite and shape charges , Boom boom boom boom boom drop...freefall speed, 9 seconds 100 something stories..pancake theory my ass
bedience,Subservience, leads to Substance..