Author Topic: Inner Harbor and my church  (Read 4027 times)

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
Inner Harbor and my church
« on: February 05, 2007, 11:12:26 AM »
I found out with some annoyance and distate that my church is nominally involved with a program. Inner harbor... the pastor was making anouncements about out reach stuff and he said something about some lady doing something for them. The name pricked something in my head so I went home and googled it, imagine my anger when I realized what it was. So, does any one have any information of this program at all? Apprently is located in Douglessville GA. Any one we know go there? fill me in, and I will go to the paster and see if we can server ties, but dont make me go in there on the principle of the thing (though I wll) I need you guys to arm me with information
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 11:15:30 AM »
Stop lying! A church would never support something like that. Christians only do good things for children.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 01:02:38 PM »
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 02:25:22 PM »
http://www.innerharbour.org/index.html

I could not find any information re. who works there, let alone what their qualifications are...

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 12:08:23 PM »
Does any one have any other info, deborah, thank you for the site but it dident really help, I couldent find any reports.

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 12:12:27 PM »
You can request a copy of their inspection reports from the Ga Office of Regulatory Services
http://ors.dhr.georgia.gov/portal/site/ ... 01010aRCRD
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Ganja

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 12:19:56 PM »
Is anal sex legal in GA?

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 11:25:12 PM »
Perhaps your parish priest is not aware of what happens in this industry. if i knew nothing and i saw the website i would probably donate generously to what i imagined was a worthy cause.
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 06:50:52 AM »
Quote from: ""Oz girl""
Perhaps your parish priest is not aware of what happens in this industry. if i knew nothing and i saw the website i would probably donate generously to what i imagined was a worthy cause.

Yet another blanket assumption grounded in nothing but supposition that the O P has much of a clue about things.
Perhaps you are not aware of what this organization does.  They provide after-school tutoring.  They provide a safe house for sexually abused teen girls.  They provide substance abuse counseling.  And yes, they provide residential programs for those with that need.  Take a look at http://www.innerharbour.org/docs/programs_overview.pdf before using the broad brush.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 07:49:01 AM »
Quote from: "real world"
Quote from: ""Oz girl""
Perhaps your parish priest is not aware of what happens in this industry. if i knew nothing and i saw the website i would probably donate generously to what i imagined was a worthy cause.[/quote

Yet another blanket assumption grounded in nothing but supposition that the O P has much of a clue about things.
Perhaps you are not aware of what this organization does.  They provide after-school tutoring.  They provide a safe house for sexually abused teen girls.  They provide substance abuse counseling.  And yes, they provide residential programs for those with that need.  Take a look at http://www.innerharbour.org/docs/programs_overview.pdf before using the broad brush.

Well lets look at what we do know about them from thir website shall we.
-They have a programme for children under 12 where the maximum recommended stay away from family is 12 months.
-There is a lock down unit for sex offenders starting from as young as 12. The main aspect of this involves behavioural modification. it does not say how long the boy is there for. The program has 2 phases

the following site describes some of the things that a boy can get locked away as a sex offender for. Doesnt look like any place i would want to give my financial support to.

http://www.ethicaltreatment.org/

HR 4472 passes despite opposition by child health organizations

July 25, 2006 -- HR 4472 was quietly passed by the House and agreed to by the Senate under suspension of the rules (i.e., without debate). Descibed as a bill to protect children and combat gang violence, it places juveniles on the national public sex offender registry along with adults, despite opposition from numerous child health and justice organizations (listed below). The American Psychological Association had urged the public to educate their  representatives about the "devastating impact these provisions will have on the lives of many children and youth," but to no avail.

The bill redefines sex offenders to include not only juveniles convicted or adjudicated for certain coercive sexual behaviors, but also juveniles 14 and over who are convicted or adjudicated for consensual sexual contact with another juvenile who is under 13, or who is more than 4 years younger than themselves. These youth are to be:

* included in a new national public registry of sex offenders
    * required to produce a DNA sample
    * subject to electronic monitoring for the duration of their supervised release
    * included on the registry and monitored electronically for the rest of their lives if the violation is/was a second offense or if the other juvenile is under 12.
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 08:09:37 AM »
Hmmm... and what might constitute a "sexual behavior"?  And who is determining whether a "sexual behavior" occurred?

I can think of loads of circumstances where a kid might do something ill-advised, maybe even stupid, but with pretty harmless consequences, and to have that follow you around for the rest of your life, branded a sex offender?

Yikes.  Who is responsible for slipping this bill through "under suspension of the rules (i.e., without debate)"?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2007, 09:00:13 AM »
Well real world, I do believe that the first thing I would like to say is "Bite me you annon freak" The next thing I would like to say is, well I asked for information! I dident make a damned single judgement!

Second off im not catholic, im southern baptist we dont have a parish and we dont have a priest, we have a Dr. in something like theology thats our Minister. Preacher, what have you.

Third. Real World, Are you just an annoying troll or do you have a link to this program?

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007, 09:16:37 AM »
Quote from: ""OverLordd""
Second off im not catholic, im southern baptist

:rofl:

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2007, 09:59:53 AM »
Oh yes, because thats a perfectly cogent responce. Because its so mature, witty, useful, and pointed.

God I hate you annons, your all cowards, put a screen name on and throw up some contact information and be mature and held to account for what you say.

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2007, 10:56:58 AM »
Quote from: ""OverLordd""
Oh yes, because thats a perfectly cogent responce. Because its so mature, witty, useful, and pointed.

God I hate you annons, your all cowards, put a screen name on and throw up some contact information and be mature and held to account for what you say.

::both::    :rofl:::fuckoff::   :rofl:  ::both::