Author Topic: Inside the head of a shithead parent  (Read 25726 times)

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Inside the head of a shithead parent
« Reply #465 on: February 07, 2007, 05:20:53 PM »
It was the most tangible proof as to why these places are bad. Once Cindy saw there was no way around the numbers, he gave up.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 07, 2007, 05:25:10 PM »
Yes we know Bob.  You beat big, bad Who.  Just like you *won* with SHH.  Feel better now?  Cuz that's what's really important here you know.  You proving that you're right.

:roll:

Offline Ganja

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 07, 2007, 05:53:12 PM »
If my kids ever try to "assert their rights" I'm gonna drag 'em out to the woodshed & put the fear of GOD into 'em.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 07, 2007, 07:36:28 PM »
Do you bake uncooked pizzas?

Offline Ganja

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 07, 2007, 07:51:03 PM »
I most certainly do, sir.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 07, 2007, 08:10:53 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Yes we know Bob.  You beat big, bad Who.  Just like you *won* with SHH.  Feel better now?  Cuz that's what's really important here you know.  You proving that you're right.

:roll:

Uh oh......is that you Bullfrog? Or maybe its ol Tunafish? There are so many possibilities of idiots Ive put in their place on here over the years. Well which ever one you are, no "winning" is not what matters on here to me, it isnt a contest or a game. It's about being allowed to tell people they are wrong or they are lying without reprisal. When I was incarcertated in HLA being right made no amount of difference, I had no rights, and I was usually punished for pointing out the errors of falaceis of those in charge. Here, those people and those who buy into their line of thinking get frustrated because they can no longer punish me or anyone else for proving them wrong. Or in more specific terms, telling the truth. Being proven right doesnt matter nearly as much to me as proving you and others like you wrong. These places thrive on promoting their bullshit and then trying to scare people into silence. Can't do it on here though, and that just thrills me to no end.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 08, 2007, 12:56:29 PM »
Quote from: ""Oz girl""
I think comparing deaths/suicides kind of misses the point. Even if there was not a single fatality, this hardly makes the whole industry any less corrupt or morally bankrupt. It is to me about all of the other human rights that are denied particularly when you consider that kids are incarcerated without trial

I love this girl...

I think the point of the death/suicide angle is to startle the prospective program parents back into consciousness - to startle them, jog their attention and maybe take this issue more seriously.  

There are, however, many PP's who knew all about the deaths before sending their kids and who did it anyway.  There's no reaching this kind of PP.

For normal, rational, relatively educated consumers none of this is an issue because they will ask "Can you show me some clinical studies performed by your facility that show improvement for the condition that ails my kid?"  

The answer is, of course, "no" (but the program marketer will instead say "Listen, Lady, Junior is going to be DEAD, INSANE or IN JAIL within one month unless you get him here now.  We don't need any studies to know that - we've seen the dead kids!")  For most, that will end their foray into the TeenHurt business.  For the rest, save your breath because they're too stupid or callous to know any better.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 08, 2007, 11:38:06 PM »
Quote from: ""Dysfunction Junction""

I love this girl...

I think the point of the death/suicide angle is to startle the prospective program parents back into consciousness - to startle them, jog their attention and maybe take this issue more seriously.  

There are, however, many PP's who knew all about the deaths before sending their kids and who did it anyway.  There's no reaching this kind of PP.

oh i am touched :oops:
I concern i have with going down this line is every programme including as i understand it WWASP in the early days claims that they understand the parents concern and that they are unique in xyz way. So every parent feels that they have sent their kid to one of the "good "ones. it would be good if people could see that incarceration is not a norm regardless of whether the prison has sunshine and lollypops or beatings and gruel.
Perhaps the mills idea of a society run by shaming and gossip is the way to go when convincing parents not to send kids to programmes.
Mabey it could be couched this way.
the us has around 20 million teens
If maya Szalavitz is correct a maximum of 100000 kids are in these places
So if even 1/4 of US teens are either mentally ill, drug addicted or just manipulative rude and delinquent this is still only
100000 out of 5 million teens
this means that there are far more sane parents than not.
I guess society could go 1 of 2 ways with the small but significant minority of parents who incarcerate their kids. They can either use reason, or socially shun them. I am not sure which would work better in creating social pressure not to send kids to programmes
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen