Author Topic: Devereux  (Read 2697 times)

Offline mbnh31782

• View Profile
    • http://www.perverted-justice.com
Devereux
« on: January 23, 2007, 10:24:54 PM »
I was talking with one of the students from 3 springs that i was a counselor for and she asked me if i had ever heard of Devereux.  I said no, I googled the name and came up with the site.  or at least a site, i dont know if its the actual place, but it fits,  she told me a horror story from devereux.  i am asking her permission to post her story here.  based on what she told me, lets get it shut down!

www.devereux.org
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline mbnh31782

• View Profile
    • http://www.perverted-justice.com
Devereux
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 10:50:22 PM »
this was relayed to me after i apologised for 3 springs being hell:

yeah u can post it i would actually appreciate it,

her story:  
yeah well ive been to worse!! have u ever herd of devereux? i was there for about a year n a half it was hell! and u got to know how to work the system to live in that fuckin rehab! theyre system was messed up! and there was hardly any way to get around it, all the top dawgs were like dirty cops! and sure u could file a grievance but it dont go vary far or get shit done!

this gang of gurls were messin with me and they just jumped me one day, so of course i hit back i broke one gurls nose and they wanted to press charges on me! what a buch of crap! i was just protecting myself and they put me on car for ten days ( community association restriction) it was a padded room with a four inch mat and some sheets, that was it! and i had to fight my damn way to take a shower!

see ther was this transvestike or what ever theyere called(no disrespect to that) and they put him on the females unit, and he ended up gettin a gurl pregnant, they didnt even move him to the male unit after that! they let him stay, theyre excuse was that they were afraid for his life if they put him on the males unit they would try to hurt him cuz he was gay or somecrap like that!

ive been to some messed up places but theres still worse out ther!

dev was for kids and when they turn 18 they get discharged, whether they are done with their treatment or not, they cant really do much after that point cuz thyer legal or what ever, the thing i hated about devereux,

just say for example kinda like me i was needing some counseling for sexual abuse or what ever like most of the gurls, before they even get to talk about why they need or want counseling they get drugged up, like me i was takin meds three times aday and i was takin 7or8 different kinds of meds and every person at devereux got put on seriquil. i take 600 milagrams of that i been takin it for about two and a half years now i cant sleep if i dont take it i go days with out sleep because im on such a heavy dosage, and because i been takin so long im scared to not even take it because if i dont i got freakin insomnia!

the thing is, they dont really counsel u they just drug u up and they dont know how to talk to any one and care about the way they feel they just have a weird way of counseling i dont know what it is, my mom thinks they have helped me with the meds, i dont, just because someone goes in there with some insecurity problems or abuse they label u as bipolar or as add or what ever i looked at my chart one day and they had about ten different disorders labeld on me!

its crazy they make money everytime they put someone on meds or somthing because everyone i know was on it! i dont think they helped me at all, i think i just helped my self in way, i pushed my self because i wanted to live my tennage years having a life not in a rehab, i was in there and one day i just realized that i was spending the best years of my life on drugs, i was failing all my classes in school because all i did was sleep from those meds.

i pretty much had to work the system, i faked it till i made it pretty much , its sad because some people go there really wanting help with eating disorders and stuff and the big fat help they got was meds! and the meds didnt help me it made my self esteem go down worse then it was when i was in three springs i was having eating disorders, i was throwin up after i ate, if i even did eat,

i dont know if u remember, but i do, u sat at the table with me one day and made me eat some crackers lol and they made me thirsty so i drank some water u said that was one reason i made u eat those lol, i appreciated that so thank u!

but what i mean by the eating disorder is that this seriquil had made me gain a tremendous amount of weight! my normal weight is usually 127 to 135 i wieigh like 205 or somthing like that now so just think... that didnt help me with my eating disorder it just made it worse! i already had problems thinking then that i was over weight( i wasnt tho i wish i would have thought that then) but i have reallly high colesterol and im just really unhealthy, im still gaining weight from that seriquil!

its just crazy ill admit that all the staff there werent bad somewere really there for the kids and some really cared, some people there did help me in a way but they just have crazy standards! its unreal its unfair and its bull shit! i still talk to some people from devereux and they havnt got any better. i can say for my self that i have gotten better with the eating and depression and stuff but most of that is just really good friends and some people dont have that at all, somepeople ther dont even have family!

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Devereux
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 11:11:51 PM »
I've taken seroquel before for sleep. Tell your friend to see a doctor because that stuff is not to be used long term, it can causes diabetes!
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Re: Devereux
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 08:09:45 AM »
Quote from: ""mbnh31782""
I was talking with one of the students from 3 springs that i was a counselor for and she asked me if i had ever heard of Devereux.  I said no, I googled the name and came up with the site.  or at least a site, i dont know if its the actual place, but it fits,  she told me a horror story from devereux.  i am asking her permission to post her story here.  based on what she told me, lets get it shut down!

www.devereux.org

That would be a monumental task, given their size. Operating for 92 years.
http://www.devereux.org/site/PageServer ... rep1.app6a
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Devereux
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 09:03:31 AM »
Quote from: ""hanzomon4""
I've taken seroquel before for sleep. Tell your friend to see a doctor because that stuff is not to be used long term, it can causes diabetes!

Fucking shit, really? It's the only thing that keeps me from freaking out every day. FUCK.

see ther was this transvestike or what ever theyere called(no disrespect to that) and they put him on the females unit, and he ended up gettin a gurl pregnant, they didnt even move him to the male unit after that! they let him stay, theyre excuse was that they were afraid for his life if they put him on the males unit they would try to hurt him cuz he was gay or somecrap like that!

Tough call on this. I always felt that MTFs and TVs should be put in with the women. In a "perfect" world, there would be a trans ward.

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
Devereux
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 11:38:13 AM »
i dont know about closing this place down. I accually live near a devereux facility about 15 minutes away from my house. I dident know what it was either before I looked it up. My friend and I accually argued and he thought it was a water treatment facilty cause there is this big pond out front.   :lol:

But anyway, apprently this is where borderline crazy people go. There used to not be a gaurd at the facilty (but it was fenced) and some one got out from there and raped a lady from a near by neighboorhood. (only what I hear, I cant support it via a news paper or something like that) Now there is a gaurd group there and all that. Courts send people here, not just kids I dont think, but adults that require mental help as well. Its like a step away from an insane asilum or something like that.

Then again, this place is all over the country, so some places might be diffrent than others, and not have crazy (see mentally disturbed) people in it.
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Devereux
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 12:11:17 PM »
Hey OL,
The facility near you may be specific to severe emotional distress, but Devereux dabbles in the behavior modifying business as well.

Children & Adolescents
At-risk behaviors
Multiple diagnoses
Emotional & behavioral disorders
Behavior disorders for the prevention of escalating involvement in the criminal justice system
http://www.devereux.org/site/PageServer ... x1m3.app6a

I put them in the same catagory as Brown Schools.
There's some info here and at ISAC:
http://www.isaccorp.org/documentsam.asp#devereux
As with any RTC, there are accounts of abuse. If you happen to find other articles, post them here and send them to ISAC.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Devereux
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 03:59:14 PM »
Thanks for the links Deborah, that place has one messed up record...
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
Devereux
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 05:41:44 PM »
I was wrong! I have been informed, thank you debroah

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline FLCLcowdude

• View Profile
Devereux
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 10:51:29 PM »
Quote from: ""OverLordd""
i dont know about closing this place down. I accually live near a devereux facility about 15 minutes away from my house. I dident know what it was either before I looked it up. My friend and I accually argued and he thought it was a water treatment facilty cause there is this big pond out front.   :lol:

But anyway, apprently this is where borderline crazy people go. There used to not be a gaurd at the facilty (but it was fenced) and some one got out from there and raped a lady from a near by neighboorhood. (only what I hear, I cant support it via a news paper or something like that) Now there is a gaurd group there and all that. Courts send people here, not just kids I dont think, but adults that require mental help as well. Its like a step away from an insane asilum or something like that.

Then again, this place is all over the country, so some places might be diffrent than others, and not have crazy (see mentally disturbed) people in it.

I go to school right next to devereux. Overlordd, where do you live?

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
Devereux
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 08:02:35 AM »
Outside the peremiter of metro atlanta. Thats a close as im willing to get outside of pm.

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.