Author Topic: ACRONYM SOUP, or how to run everyone off...  (Read 25268 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
ACRONYM SOUP, or how to run everyone off...
« Reply #120 on: July 02, 2003, 02:56:00 AM »
On 2003-06-01 10:10:00, mithygato wrote:

"Powerful Attitude I pity you.

You are a self-proclaimed prophet, Huh?

Good luck with that bud.

I don't know what Spiritual Fornication is, but I do know that you're a certified nutcase.

Go someplace else - this place is for people who suffered emotional and physical torment thanks to people like you I'm sure.

NO ONE WANTS YOU HERE!

Go spew your frightening dogma someplace else. :wstupid:  :wstupid:  :wstupid: "

YOU'RE LUCKY TO EVEN BEEN TALKED TO, PUNK, YOU ARE THE BOY, DON'T GET CONFUSED. TALK YOUR SHIT AND ONE DAY YOU WILL BE MINE. HOW DEVINE, NOW YOU'RE MINE. PLAY WITH THOSE YOU DON'T KNOW. STUPID AS SHE GOES, NOBODY CAN STAND THAT CRIME.
PLAYING THOSE TAPES AND I'M SEEING YOUR DISQUISE.  BEEN AWAY FOR A LITTLE TIME, LUCKY FOR YOU TO BE HERE ALL THIS TIME, DESPISE YOUR KIND. A LITTLE HERE AND A LITTLE THERE, TRYING TO SURVIVE. TELLING A STORY FOR ALL THOSE PITTYING LIES. YOU LACK WHAT YOU STOLE BOY. DON'T ACT LIKE ME, I GET THE JOY OF LAUGHING AT THE. IF I FIND WHAT I THINK I WILL, I'LL BE SEEING YOU. NOT TO FAR AWAY. I'M COMING YOUR WAY. BUT FOR NOW I'M WATCHING THAT TAPE FUCKING YOU ALL UP. CAN'T TRIP ME I'V BEEN WATCHING YOU PLAY. SKIP ALONG NOW SON IT'S YOUR TIME IN THIS GAME. PLAY PLAY PLAY. CAN YOU FEEL IT. IT MIGHT BE COMING YOUR WAY.  I WILL WATCH FOR NOW AS YOU SKIP AND PLAY. WATCH YOUR STEP, MIGHT SEE YA ONE DAY.  SURE WOULD HATE TO FEEL ALL THAT SHAME, I'D JUST HAVE TO ROLL THAT TAPE.

YOUR CAUSE WAS LOST. SHOW ME SOME BALLS.  Hey,  and fuck you too Tampa Ass Bitch.  Come and play.  I BELIEVE and I ain?t looking to save. Just want to play.  I haven?t even looked at this place for three months and that?s all you got to say.  You?re not even a challenge.. So I will wait three more.  Just so you can practice your game.  

P.A.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2003, 09:14:00 AM »
Hey PA

Two words...

Grow Up!

CL

Ginger - Can we Please lock this topic? Pleeeeease!? I promise I'll be good! -CL

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2003, 10:10:00 AM »
WOW.

Four words to you P.A....What would Jesus do?

Im pretty sure it resembles NOTHNG like that.  

This thing is so old...however, I re-read your initial posts, and taking into account your firm belief in Christ.....well, here is a perfect example of why I get creeped out when I deal with religious people.  One day its all love and forgiveness, the next its all hate and anger.  I am certain that this perception of mine speaks for itself in this thread.
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 02, 2003, 02:25:00 PM »
I still think you're schizophrenic PA, I really do. This was never said before to be a jab, I was serious. I know, I put it in the wrong thread, but I meant it. My husband is a psychiatrist. I should know after 12 years how to spot this mental disorder. Please look into getting some help. You sound very unhappy.

What are its symptoms?

Schizophrenia is characterized by a constellation of distinctive and predictable symptoms. The symptoms that are most commonly associated with the disease are called positive symptoms, that denote the presence of grossly abnormal behavior. These include thought disorder, delusions, and hallucinations. Thought disorder is the diminished ability to think clearly and logically. Often it is manifested by disconnected and nonsensical language that renders the person with schizophrenia incapable of participating in conversation, contributing to his alienation from his family, friends, and society. Delusions are common among individuals with schizophrenia. An affected person may believe that he is being conspired against (called "paranoid delusion"). "Broadcasting" describes a type of delusion in which the individual with this illness believes that his thoughts can be heard by others. *Hallucinations can be heard, seen, or even felt; most often they take the form of voices heard only by the afflicted person. Such voices may describe the person's actions, warn him of danger or tell him what to do. At times the individual may hear several voices carrying on a conversation. Less obvious than the "positive symptoms" but equally serious are the deficit or negative symptoms that represent the absence of normal behavior. These include flat or blunted affect (i.e. lack of emotional expression), apathy, and social withdrawal).

*Like the box that was talking to you?

Taken from:
http://www.schizophrenia.com/newsletter ... intro.html

Best wishes.

Offline mcadaret

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2003, 06:14:00 PM »
Ginger,

Clay has a great idea.

Lock this topic. We are beating a dead horse.

My selfish motivation - this topic makes many Christians look horrible by association. I am greatly pained by PA's rants in the name of God. I am also greatly pained by the response PA's rants have recieved - as if PA speaks for Christians when he rages the way he does.

I know many here are skeptical/suspicious (those are kind adjectives) towards Christians. There are those who say that we are incapable of free thought(as I have been told on this forum, bluntly - "mindless followers" I think was the moniker given). There are those who see Christians as judgmental and hateful. I can't argue with this - some are - but certainly not all.

So often these conversations are ones I make an absolute effort to avoid, because no one here is going to take my faith seriously. Not to sound like a wimp - they hurt me because the insults directed at Christians are directed AT ME by association. I have never proselytized on this forum, nor will I. That's not why I read and (occasionaly) post. I'm here because I spent 18 months getting the shit kicked out of me in a stupid blue chair, all the while being taught how to hate myself. But I am a Christian - IS THAT FUCKING OKAY WITH YOU PEOPLE. YOU GIVE CHRISTIANS SO MUCH SHIT ABOUT BEING HATEFUL AND JUDGMENTAL- HOW ABOUT YOU ALL FUCKING THINKING ABOUT THE UGLY JUDGMENTAL SHIT YOU SPEW ALL OVER CHRISTIANS - EVEN THOSE WHO HAVE NEVER SAID A CONDEMNING THING TO/ABOUT ANY OF YOU.

AAIIGGHH!!!!

Please Ginger, lock this topic - I hate losing my temper.

your brother (though none of you fucking believe that because I'm A CHRISTIAN),
Michael    

Age is mind over matter. If you don't mind...it doesn't matter!
--  Chuck Gauran

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2003, 06:30:00 PM »
And stifling something does not fix it, somethings it makes it worse...SOMETIMES PEOPLE GO INSANE BECAUSE OF IT!!!!!

Offline mithygato

• View Profile
    • http://mithygato@aol.com
« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2003, 09:20:00 PM »
Here we go again,

::argue::

"A piece of knowledge is never false of true - but only more or less biologically and evolutionly useful.  All dogmatic creeds are approximations:  these approximations form a humus from which better approximations grow."
- Ernst Mach
The way in which a man accepts his fate and all the suffering it entails, the way in which he takes up his cross, gives him ample opportunity-even under the most difficult cirumstances-to add deeper meaning to his life.  It may remain brave, dignified an

Offline Powerful Attitude

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2003, 02:10:00 AM »

On 2003-07-02 11:25:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I still think you're schizophrenic PA, I really do. This was never said before to be a jab, I was serious. I know, I put it in the wrong thread, but I meant it. My husband is a psychiatrist. I should know after 12 years how to spot this mental disorder. Please look into getting some help. You sound very unhappy. :scared:

I'M CURED; GOSH WITHOUT THIS I WOULD HAVE NEVER SEEN THE LIGHT.  I'M SO GLAD YOU HAVE BEEN DOING THAT FOR TWELVE YR'S I JUST KNEW YOU WERE RIGHT. IM SO THANKFUL, YA'LL REALLY HURT, PLEASE STOP, I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE, NO, PLEASE, THE TRUTH IS UNBEARABLE, DON'T EXPOSE ME, I'M SCARED.
LOVE YA!

I SEE THE CULT STILL LIVES ON, ALL IN YOUR MINDS, ALL IN YOUR HOMES, ALL WITHIN YOUR FINGERTIPS, ALL DOCTORS, ALL ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY, STICKING TOGETHER TO CONSOLE THOSE COMING IN OFF THE STREETS, WE WERE ONCE LIKE THAT, WE KNOW, WE CAN SHOW YOU, THE STRAIGHT WAY, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE.

JUST A THOUGHT, YA'LL HAVE FUN BUT PLEASE LEAVE ME BE. I CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH,  NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, "STRAIGHT LIVES ON".

LOVE YA........PA
t. Petersburg 1985-86, Dallas 86-87

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2003, 03:53:00 AM »
Regardless of our experiences, or rather because of them, it is pertinent that we maintain self-control. This forum works better when it is focused on it's purpose. It cannot unify around another purpose. I understand PA, what you said about the fourth dimension. I've read Cho's book years ago. So, I know where you are coming from and that you are not crazy. But rather than stirring up a hornets'nest and upsetting people here with the "I'm right, and you're wrong" powerful attitude, try to recognize that it's not about proving that you are "right". If you know people here won't believe when you preach Jesus to them, then why are you preaching Jesus to them?

I guess what I am saying is, what you are doing is offensive to some. Jesus is a gentleman. He never forces Himself onto people with threats and intimidation. He draws them by love. So, by acting in agreement with I Cor 13, you will go much farther than preaching "the bad news". Perhaps you feel called to preach about hell, but I remind you that it was the Pharisees who got the most preaching about that. The Pharisees are not here. You will find them in churches.

Use a little common sense. The people here have been through Straight, a psedo-religious cult, and have little patience with anyone telling them what to do about anything. If you really want to reach people for God. Love them. Love never fails. People like the love. I don't agree with the atheist's views here. But I'm not distraught, dismayed, disgusted, disoriented, disturbed, disemboweled or dismal, because they are everywhere. There may be people here who are genuinely hostile to you simply because you are a Christian, well you signed up for a little hostility (whether you knew it or not) when you found God (He doesn't always tell us up front, but it's in the Bible).

So, you can try the wise approach of love, or you can go off on people here because of their unbelief and get clobbered in return. The choice is yours. But to go back to my original point, this forum is not set up as a place for religious discussions. There may be more appropriate forums where people want to discuss this stuff. But if they don't hear here, then move on to where do people DO want to hear what you have to say. But if you are wanting to grieve people who don't currently believe the way you do...then I don't know what to tell you, because that's not right or cool. I am not trying to "tell you what to do". I am not your conscience. These are suggestions and I hope you will prayerfully consider what I tell you.

Now, for my benevolent benediction, memorized from my old catholic schoolboy days. "The mass has ended, go in peace to love and to serve your Lord, (and all the people said "Thanks be to God!" (Then the patter of running footsteps to get the best doughnuts in the hayouuuse).

And look, mom, no cussing.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2003, 07:11:00 AM »
I didn't realize this thread was 14 pages long???. Even though I have it set as a 'watched' thread, because I must have posted to it at one point, I hadn't read it lately.

Folks, I haven't been in the business of telling anyone what they may or may not or even what they should or should not talk about in over 20 years. I quit that gig with finality and have not regretted it for a moment since.

The only types of communication that I discourage in these forums are spam, flooding and anything inconsistant with my cop-free lifestyle.

The one thing I know for sure about Jesus is that he hasn't been saying much of anything for right about 2000 years, give or take, depending on which chronology you believe. He didn't write a single page of the New Testament, the authors of the Gospels can't all be right because their stories don'g jive and there's serious contention over whether or not Paul was a complete scammer; dining out as an apostle but having never actually met the radical, rebellious and controversial anointed one in question.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, can possibly speak from a position of authority on what Jesus said or did or wanted or thought. Therefore, it's not worth fighting about. You'll never have proof one way or another till you're beyond gloating.

That which does not kill you can make you stronger, but I really never needed to be this strong.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Delphi/5580/straight.html' target='_new'>Scott Wagner

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline 2dogs

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2003, 11:21:00 AM »
How cool would it be if there was just a few seconds of life after death just so all the dip-shits could have that moment of realization that all the years they spent torturing themselves was meaningless and now it is time to fertilize some dirt.  Jesus was a pretty cool guy , and I aspire to be like him, but he was only a man and his mama fooled around and ol' Joey bought her bullshit because he was in denile. No one really wants there old lady stoned to death for cheating , they just want it to go away and what better way than to let all those kooky old prophets have there little gig. Poor old board cuttin' saw-dust -in-his-sandles Joe. He never saw how many millions and millions would suffer and be murdered in order to keep the faith. He must have really loved ol' Mary. It's good for him that there is no God or heaven to look down from and see the devistating toll the Joke has taken. What if this is it? This is all you get? Are you in heaven or hell? I am God but I would piss on your prayers if I knew where to aim. But I listen to my own prayers and since I am God I pretty much anwser them. As long as they aren't too lame or of course impossible.  Take the leap and free your self.  And then repent as you are dying just in case....2dog(ma)s

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 26, 2003, 05:54:00 AM »
It doesn't really bother me that people write off the Bible, saying it cannot be inspired, or if they say things like no one can have any authoritative understanding about God. Because what is at work in such statements is usually fear. People are afraid that He MIGHT be real and that we MIGHT have to give an account for our lives at some point and so they develop protective barriers against the most wonderful person in the whole world.

To say of the apostle Paul, for example, that he was somewhat phony because he didn't actually rub elbows with Jesus while he walked earth in a human body is absurd. Anyone who is willing to die a martyr's death preaching that Jesus, the Messiah, rose from the dead has credibility in my book. All of the "apostles of the Lamb" died a martyr's death (except Judas) and John who was reportedly dumped in scalding hot oil and wouldn't burn. These testified to the fact that Jesus did indeed rise from the dead and loved not their own lives even unto death. Even the secular records of history record the miracle working Jesus, and mention that many people saw him after his death.

But such "proof" is irrelevant to anyone who doesn't want to believe, to obey Jesus.

I trust Him. I know what He has done for me. All He does is good. I know Him very well and He knows me. Just because you don't know Him, or choose not to know Him, does not mean I therefore can't know Him. He is quite knowable, if you would know it.

And if "organized" Christianity ceases to be potent in society, the grassroots Christians who are outside that system will flourish due to the lack of the self-imposed rules and burdens of that system.

Indeed, there are all sorts of problems in the churches. The people in churches often act the same way that everyone else does. They commit the same sins. The "church" is probably a "remnant" or a cross-section of people who go to buildings on Sundays, called "churches", so you can't always look to the present structure. I think the structure IS often the problem. Most Christians balk at that and won't agree because of a hardline "you gotta be in submission, brother".

Faith is a matter of trust. But human beings don't trust God up front. They almost persistently don't trust Him. I'm talking about people who are Christians also. They don't really trust Him, because they think He's out to "get them". They forget that we are "easy to get" if we needed to be "gotten" and that if "getting us" or harming us was what He wanted, He would have done it a long time ago and zapped us and gotten it over with.

Faith is a loving relationship with God. We can make "faith" a "tool" for getting stuff we want, or view faith as our own ability to "consider it done". But faith is a revelation of God's love for us. It is an experience of the heart foundationally. Until you have the experience of faith, faith is a foreign concept. You may think of "faith" in terms of agreement with doctrinal systems. You could quote Hebrews: "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen", but until you have a faith experience with God, you are clueless as to what that all means.

Now to tie it all in: Straight taught us that our worth came from our behavior. It was up to us to "be good" to "earn talk" etc. What we learned there and internalized was that we were were unworthy until we behaved. A standard of behavior, based on the fear of punishment, became the quest. This has made most of us very insecure. It made me very insecure at one moment, overconfident at the next. Love was to be earned for us, never freely given to us. Now we are broken people, trying to put the pieces of lives back together. Is not a correct view of God at this point of our lives crucial to our emotional well beings?  

Some of us need answers that lie beyond reasoning and human sympathy. I know I do. Criticize me if you want. I don't care. It is the truth.

We are suspicious. About everybody. Even God is up to no good in our demented minds. (There's just something about that Jesus being all bright and shiny and happy. He's got to have an alterior motive for all that light of His!)Perhaps the good news is hard to believe because it is "too good to be true?" Perhaps abandonment issues surface whenever we hear about Jesus. Just food for thought.

P.S. Please don't kill me. Thank you.

Offline wayeast

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 27, 2003, 02:16:00 AM »
"It doesn't really bother me that people write off the Bible, saying it cannot be inspired, or if they say things like no one can have any authoritative understanding about God. Because what is at work in such statements is usually fear."

Who's really afraid here, buddy?  Those of us who've actually read and studied the Bible or you?

"Anyone who is willing to die a martyr's death preaching that Jesus, the Messiah, rose from the dead has credibility in my book."

The Branch Davidians would LOVE you. They died martyrs' deaths, too. As did the Nike fans at Heaven's Gate, the inhabitants of Jonestown, the folks at Ruby Ridge, the 9/11 attackers, the Hamas suide bombers, the PLO, the and those gentle folks in Uganda a couple years ago.  You're right: anyone willing to die for their beliefs HAS to be right.

"All of the "apostles of the Lamb" died a martyr's death (except Judas) and John who was reportedly dumped in scalding hot oil and wouldn't burn. These testified to the fact that Jesus did indeed rise from the dead and loved not their own lives even unto death. Even the secular records of history record the miracle working Jesus, and mention that many people saw him after his death"

No, actually, the only "secular" reference to Jesus was an obscure and meaningless mention by Josephus. Otherwise, there's no evidence he even existed.  The only references we have to the deaths of the "saints" was from those whose power be increased if there was "evidence" that Jesus was God. Where are you getting this stuff? From "Evidence That Demands a Verdict?"

"Some of us need answers that lie beyond reasoning and human sympathy. I know I do. Criticize me if you want. I don't care. It is the truth."

Once again we see the "heads I win, tails you're spiritually deceived" approach to faith.  If we point out your flawed logic, you're right because we're "rebelling against God."  If we agree with you, that's God's grace at work.

"We are suspicious. About everybody. Even God is up to no good in our demented minds."

Sorry, but this has nothing to do with God. It has to do with Evangelical Christianity. Evangelical Christians HAVE to believe that disagreement with them is disagreement with god, and the rest of us are wrong until we hand you a certificate, written in Jehovah's handwriting, saying He doesn't exist.

"P.S. Please don't kill me. Thank you."

Bless you child. Poor thing. Poor persecuted Christian. Tom Delay, Bill Pryor, Roy Moore, and Pat Robertson will salute you in your courageous stand for the faith. Maybe James Dobson will even have you on his radio show.

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 28, 2003, 11:54:00 PM »
:???:

(what would joan jett do?)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 29, 2003, 10:48:00 AM »
She'd probably sentence him (Tom Delay) to be pilloried for 30 days in the Castro district of San Francisco...  :lol: Good enough?