Author Topic: Your chance to picket Mel Sembler FEB 3 2007  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Your chance to picket Mel Sembler FEB 3 2007
« on: January 21, 2007, 11:50:27 AM »
Fashion show is for Boys & Girls Clubs
By TIMES WIRES
Published January 21, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ADVERTISEMENT

Neighborhood

It won't be your average fashion show. That's a promise from organizers of the annual event to benefit the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Suncoast, who plan to pair men who are community leaders with family members and models from Boys & Girls on Saturday.

The Hilton St. Petersburg Bayfront, 333 First St. S, is the site for the 10 a.m. brunch, which will feature Beall's clothing.

The Peg Nunn Hat Award will go to the most distinctive hats.

Tickets are $45 each. Proceeds go to the Peg Nunn Memorial Scholarship Fund, which helps Boys & Girls Club members who are seniors in high school with college expenses. Information: 821-9536, 374-3960.

Wine Under Stars benefit is Saturday

Food, wine, dessert and music will be featured at Wine Under the Stars, a Saturday fundraiser from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Science Center of Pinellas County, 7701 22nd Ave. N, St. Petersburg. Tickets are $45 each. Information: 384-0027.

Sojourn benefit features Kiwi theme

Sojourn, a Feb. 3 benefit for WEDU-TV, will feature a New Zealand theme and Mel Sembler, former U.S. ambassador to Australia, as honorary chair.

There will be wine, food, art, dance and music, and that's before the dinner and wine pairings begin. Sojourn starts at 6 p.m. at the Hilton St. Petersburg Carillon Park, 950 Lake Carillon Drive. Tickets, $200. Information: www.wedu.org; toll-free, 1-800-354-9338, ext. 2241.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 11:52:57 AM »
WHOSE GOT THE GUTS?????

YOU GUYS ARE ALL CHICKEN.

BRADBURY CAN'T PICKET HE'S UNDER AN INJUNCTION.

BUT YOU FOLKS CAN.  

BUT WILL YOU?

MOST LIKELY YOU WONT BECAUSE YOU ARE ALL LAZY ARM CHAIR TALKERS.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 01:47:23 PM »
Well if you wouldn't mind driving around the country in a semi and loading us all in our armchairs into the back where there's a bigscreen t.v. and driving us down to St. Pete, I'm sure no one would mind getting off their duff for a couple of hours. I'm sure I have half and hour to spare, at least, and I can color posters while I'm watching television. Thanks much.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 02:02:06 PM »
:rofl:  :rofl:

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 02:40:42 PM »
There is ONE thing that can be done that is not too risky on such short notice.   Anyone living in St. Pete could go to 22nd Ave N. and remove any signs pointing to the Science Center, alter them a little and then place them on Anvil Street to misdirect people to the Morgan Yacht Building nearby which was the 3rd building in the history of Straight St. Pete. (Actually 4th if you count the Sail Cloth Warehouse off 39th & 8th Ave South which was pretty much the Seed back then)  From there a few people could be waiting to hand out printed flyers informing people where they really are.

Edit...........

OOPS!  I MESSED UP............... The event is actually next Saturday
The WEDU site is probably not up and running because it is the weekend.  Okay, so folks have a whole week to do stuff.  Well, the sign idea is still good.  Someone can go to Staples or whatever and make up some of our own.  There is no law against making signs leading to Morgan Yacht, and there is even time to get a real live legal PERMIT to close off the street for a "block party"  the city will even provide barricades.  Last time I applied for one, it was a little over 16 dollars.  If anyone has any old flyers from other protests, that would be the place to hand them out.  There is also a recreational trail running behind the old Morgan Yacht Building and Tyrone Square Mall is on the other side of it.  If anyone wants copies of the old bumper stickers I made, I can either mail you some or you can go to a print shop at 5150 Ulmerton Rd. and see if he still has the plate to print more.  The owner looks like Micheal McKean (Spinal Tap, Sat. Nite Live) and is a former Shop Teacher for Pin. Co. Schools.  It cost me about $125 for a thousand stickers, but you don't have to order so much.  write me at [email protected]  and leave a number where I can reach you.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 03:07:29 PM by Guest »
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 02:42:06 PM »
:roll:  Sembler can be protested from afar just fine. No need to call people chicken if they can't drive thousands of miles to be there in person. There's always that possibility that he won't even be there. Will the public misinterpret your message?  :-?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 01:39:03 PM »
Your right, but I thought it would be nice to let Mel's little friends at this party know who he really is.

I get tired of that child abuser pretending nothing happened to us and then he goes out for cocktails and people pretend to like him and that none of this happened.

Hopefully you'll can get a picket togther.