Author Topic: Straight Documents & Such...  (Read 5998 times)

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Straight Documents & Such...
« on: January 04, 2007, 04:01:11 PM »
Ok I added an HTML version so they can be viewed via your web browser... I think that's easier so I've updated the links below.

These are what were known as Straights Position Papers. Their Official position (until they changed their mind and printed a new one) on certain topics. The highlighting was done 20 years ago and by someone who believed what they were reading.
http://www.webdiva.org/straight/docs/SPPs.htm

A draft of the proposed plan of actin for PR and fundraisng for Springfield VA, Straight  1984 The word QUOTA and the Bottom line are a bit disturbing but expected
http://www.webdiva.org/straight/docs/PRPlan1984.htm

Another document outlining fundraising efforts, Springfield VA Straight.  1984
http://www.webdiva.org/straight/docs/fundraisin1.htm

edit just added:
pre intake application for parents and a really disturbing memo that was attached.
http://www.webdiva.org/straight/docs/pi.htm

he sounds so desparate in his memo almost like he's concerned if he doesn't make his QUOTA he may not have a job. looks like he did though cuz he stuck around far too long.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 06:16:23 PM by Guest »
RIP Steve Matthews and all those we have lost along the way!

Offline Valhalla

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 04:22:29 PM »
I only got program jibberish (pardon the pun) when I accessed the links.  I would really like to read what you've come across.  Anyway to translate it?  Or maybe it's just on my end...  but that would be a bit incriminating! :lol:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
lol
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 04:32:38 PM »
hmm do you  have adobe acrobat reader? They are PDF documents.  You can download it from Adobe's website by going here, it's free. But if you are on a dial up connection it's going to take awhile. Meanwhile I'll see about getting them into another format (like jpg or something) that is browser friendly.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 04:42:27 PM »
All this warped, faith-based, xtian right, stepcult thinking is weird to see in print. They went to a lot of trouble to get their "point" across. I'm referring to the 1st document; I have yet to view the others.

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 04:48:22 PM »
hell yeah it is its weirder to see the notes my mom took as she was going through the initial parent raps and then the material they gave her when she was to TEACH it... its like duh, in your face so obvious yet clueless they were. perspective is everything.

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 04:49:22 PM »
Quote from: ""Valhalla""
I only got program jibberish (pardon the pun) when I accessed the links.  I would really like to read what you've come across.  Anyway to translate it?  Or maybe it's just on my end...  but that would be a bit incriminating! :lol:

You should be good to go now, just go back to my original message and click one of the links it should take you to a browser friendly page once you refresh.  just an HTML page no jibberish ;)  Let me know if that works for ya.

Offline Valhalla

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 05:22:17 PM »
OK... just pulled up the first one...it looks like it's working!

Offline Valhalla

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 06:19:35 PM »
That was heavy...I only got thru the first link, but it has sent my head realing!

And our parents all bought into that shit?!

I'll have to read the other links later...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 06:55:35 PM »
What's really vile is the fundraising letter, where the parents of "Scott" inform everyone they send the letter to of their son's "serious drug problem".  

More evidence that Straight viewed us as commodities to be exploited, not as human beings.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Ok, let's parse this out...
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 09:10:42 PM »
I think I could have done the cult a great service as a wordsmith, saving them copy expenses and time. Leme see what I can do here...

On Sexuality:
No touch. Got it? All approval, validation, affection and acceptance comes from Group. We'll allow it if you're legally married till we find some way to explain that away too.

On outside treatment:
No advice from anybody not indoctrinated in the cult. Need counseling? We'll pick the counselor for ya. Insist on an outside source? Ok, but only if they're willing to toss dr/pt priviledge out the window. Best just keep it inhouse.

Alcohol in the home:
Well, we can't quite get all you suckers to come along with an outright prohibition so we'll just make it fucking impossible to drink after lunch. If you choose to do that, naturally you'll get reamed in parent rap. So best not to drink at all.

On travel:
Don't let a little thing like paying the bills or visiting unindoctrinated friends and family get in the way of devoting yourself and your entire family completely to the cult. Better tell them what's up, too. If they can't accept it, well too damned bad! Get another job, family and friends!

On unauthorized vacations: (I took three of these)
Oh how we long for the good old days on Ft. Lauderdale Beach when we could outright kidnap a kid, brow beat a confession out of them and then call in the parents saying their kid had asked for treatment, all on the coerced word from a friend we'd already brainwashed. But there were legal troubles with that shit, so now we pretend not to be involved. Hit your phone tree [wink, wink, nod, nod] And we've got enough cops and juvy judges in our pockets that it's fairly safe to let them in on it too. Good luck! And, of course, if you never see your kid again cause they hate you, you can always count on us to keep soaking you for all you're worth.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 09:51:37 PM »
Quote from: ""Valhalla""
That was heavy...I only got thru the first link, but it has sent my head realing!

And our parents all bought into that shit?!

I'll have to read the other links later...

hard to be beleive but most defintely they  bought into it hook line and sinker. Most of them were hooked before they ever agreed to put their kid in the program. It was a matter of convincing them to the point that if anyone bucked up against what you thought was true well they  liar who must be reported. IMMEDIATELY!  A sea of NARK parents basically.  on the 2nd phase Parent rules sheet it says...  "
parents should report to staff first time, every time, immediately:
a.  problems in a childs MI
b. childs slacking off in responsibilities
c. childs breaking of straight or parents rules
d. GUT instinct about the child. .

They didn't even want the parent making a choice whether or not staff should be callled or if they could actually be a fucking parent to their child. call staff immeditely  and futher down it says, and this si nuts...  "Parents When i doubt - use you COMMON SENSE, and THEN report to staff about the situation." Nark nark nark you're child is a druggie liar who can't be trusted. hard to thnk anyone could buy into that shit but its the only thing that makes sense because other then a few paretns who m aybe did ddoubt and pulled their child, the rest were silent. They were under the same guidelines you all were whatever happens at straight stays there, no talking about anyones kid, another parent. Defintiely no negative talk about straight or staff and if you hear another parent do it report them. They had everyone walking on eggshells and not willing to talk about anything in fear they might get in trouble. Sorry to ramble Ive got a shit load more to scaneits a bit overwelming lol but take your time eventually it starts to make sense. It doesnt make it right or make it easier but it definitely allows ou to see how they could possibly have been fooled. And its pretty unbelievable.

Kelly

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 09:53:10 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
What's really vile is the fundraising letter, where the parents of "Scott" inform everyone they send the letter to of their son's "serious drug problem".  

More evidence that Straight viewed us as commodities to be exploited, not as human beings.

agreed,,,, did  you see in the other fundraising memo the words QUOTA and the bottom line was INTAKES. if thats not screaming commoodities, gotta sell sell sell, i dont know what is.

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
Holy Shit! Holy Reprint l ine for l ine
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2007, 12:59:12 AM »
The following is a reprint from a much earlier post concerning the scope of parent involvment in the evolution of straight.  After that, I will comment on some more current shit directly relating to this thread, so try to keep up and away we go........

In the Pinellas County area in the late seventies, many 'inmates' came from families where the parent was directly or indirectly employed by the Defense/Aerospace industry. I would give my left arm to know the name of the person responsible for informing these workers of the "danger signs" and luring them to check out the program.
Now I am not discounting that there was a drug problem back then, but they were just attacking the symptom and not the cause. The average Joe in Pinellas County had not had a meaningful raise in over ten years, while rampant inflation was eating into whatever was left. The only workers that had it made in the shade were the aforementioned ones. They were priveleged, their jobs were secure, they saw little of their families, and god forbid, they did not talk too freely about what they do at work. This loyalty to the big daddy government guaranteed an aura of anonymity that may have made the Straight Inc. Program look like it was tailor made just for them. This is my theory. Anyone from that era want to go in on this with me then maybe I'll be a little more inclined to help out with your projects. One thing comes to mind. Prior to my coming into Straight, there was alot of construction going on at General Electric in Largo and we all know the name Mel Sembler as having a hand in redevelopment. Just something to think about is all. After some thought I have decided to name a few names of clients who's parents worked Defense/Aerospace and the place that their parents worked.

Tom and Steve Andrews............Honeywell
Mike, Bob, and Scott Patterson...General Electric
Chuck Haig..............General Electric
Lance and Lewis Cantrell........Paradyne
Ted Eckhardt..................E-Systems
Mark Errett..................Rand Corporation
Mike Kubica..................E-Systems
Mike Sailor...............Rockwell

There are more, these are just the ones I am sure of from them either being friends or oldcomers.

Actually, after some thought I decided to edit this post. I now remember that one girl's dad was a U.S. Postal Worker and another girl had a father than ran a UPS route that serviced quite a few defense plants in the Tampa Bay area. I guess the parents of kids already in the program spread the news to other parents like a bad cold or something, but I am sure it was all a part of Sembler's game plan.......Oh wait, there is a guy from UPS knocking on my door. Be right back.  (kidding)

I fucking almost swallowed my tongue when I saw the crappy typewritten document.  I recognized the print at once.  I used the very same typewriter on my final composition for Sociology Class at Dixie Hollins High back in 1980.  Back then it was still owned by Tom Schifferel's mom.  She let me borrow her IBM Selectric that had a glitch in which the letter "l" when followed by an "i" would have about half a space between them.  It was annoying as hell, and I pointed it out to her when she came to get it back.  She only lived on the other side of the Cemetary separating our neighborhoods.
I even tried to buy it off of her, but she told me she was donating it to the Straight offices at the Morgan Yacht Building.  Them cheap bastards had it ever since!  Simply amazing, and just goes to show what a small world it really is.  

I was talking to my dad shortly before Christmas, and come to find out that he actually was a big part of the Straight Machine in that he presented a 'horror' movie at General Electric about the dangers of drug and alchol abuse, and teen deaths due to auto accidents.  They probably got about 10 or 15 intakes just off of that.  My dad is not a tall man, he's about 5-6 with shoes on, but the peer pressure and the spotlight really put the zap on his head.  At least he feels a little bad about it now.
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline seamus

• View Profile
holy shit
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2007, 01:56:29 PM »
tom schifferil,that's a name I havent thought of in 25+ years I was a newcomer there Big Bret was a foster at the same time .....................................wow
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2007, 02:02:16 PM »
Bradbury has thousands of documents from Straight's from all over the country.

I know I have seen them.