Author Topic: TB DOCUMENTARY?  (Read 14379 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TB DOCUMENTARY?
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2007, 11:05:35 PM »
From another FORNITS thread:
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?p=235662#235662

---------------------------

The rumors about this Documentary's release keep flying.
I hard the same as everyone else, that it was WWASP/ Litchfield that had an injunction holding up the release in the USA. What I heard came through a grape vine - its not like the French told me or anything. Still, it is true Something has kept it from being released.

Another rumor I have heard - also through a grape vine - is that is is Mz Scheff her own self that is keeping it from being released.

You know there are two versions? The short version some have seen when Google had the link up. There is a long version - about half an hour longer. Much speculation has taken place about what is on the long version. I have heard that Sue is not pleased with this version and has threatened to file suit if it gets released. The producers just don't want the hassle, and so scrapped the release plans.

I have also heard the problem is the niece who was filmed incognito. That she would not sign a release.

I have no idea if any or all of this is true. But, so far, that the extent of the rumors I have heard.

--------------------------------

Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:31 pm     Post subject:    

I "heard" that Sue Scheff threatened to sue if the 90 minute version of the TB Documentary was released, because this version tells about Ms. Scheff referring kids to these WWASP programs for money.

BUT, you know about "hearing things".....it could just be gossip.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TB DOCUMENTARY?
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2007, 01:28:40 AM »
Like was suggested earlier, shouldn't be too difficult to get to the bottom of this by contacting the producers, directly.  They are the ones who made the documentary and would clearly know what, if any, issues are preventing it from being aired in the U.S.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TB DOCUMENTARY?
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2007, 01:34:51 AM »
The Lost Children of Tranquility Bay

http://paulareeves.com/Film/1-Film.htm

Okay, now I am really confused after reading this description.  Is this someone that might be able to shed some light on the questions being raised in this thread (assuming this is even the same documentary)?  Thanks!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TB DOCUMENTARY?
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2007, 03:38:04 PM »
It's possible this documentary was never intended to be shown in the United States.  Guess we'll never know since no one who may be "in the know" is willing to answer the questions posed to them on this board and elsewhere.

Speculation, no matter how intriquing, is a complete waste of time and frankly, only adds to the "hype".

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TB DOCUMENTARY?
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2007, 06:13:56 PM »
Well, well.  This explains a lot now that I see this review. Sue is not mentioned in the review. Sue is also not mentioned in the reviews of the Aussie documentary but the one below is the longer one shown in France.

Sue wouldn't want one our in the U.S. unless she was in it and the "rumors" about Mz. Scheff being behind the documentary being stopped in the U.S. is beginning to make a lot of sense.

Quote from: ""Guest""

Okay, now I am really confused after reading this description.  Is this someone that might be able to shed some light on the questions being raised in this thread (assuming this is even the same documentary)?  Thanks!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TB DOCUMENTARY?
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2007, 06:15:34 PM »
Didn't someone say Mz. Scheff hates Paula Reeves.  Paula Reeves is in the longer documentary so.........................................Yup.

Well, well.  This explains a lot now that I see this review. Sue is not mentioned in the review. Sue is also not mentioned in the reviews of the Aussie documentary but the one below is the longer one shown in France.

Sue wouldn't want one our in the U.S. unless she was in it and the "rumors" about Mz. Scheff being behind the documentary being stopped in the U.S. is beginning to make a lot of sense.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TB DOCUMENTARY?
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2007, 10:44:29 PM »
It is becoming clearer about the documentary......Her son was at Tranquility Bay but Paula Reeves is not in the Aussie one.

"Only when her son returned from Tranquility Bay did Paula Reeves, a lawyer from Florida, hear what really took place behind its closed doors: brainwashing and abuse are not unusual. Reeves takes legal action."

"The Lost Children of Tranquility Bay"

Tranquility Bay / Mathieu Verboud / Jean Robert Viallet

Direction: Mathieu Verboud / Jean Robert Viallet
Sceenplay: Mathieu Verboud, Jean Robert Viallet
Cinematography: Jean Robert Viallet
Editing: Christophe Bouquet
Sound: Mathieu Verboud
Music: Rémy Berger
Cast: Narration: Denis Lavant
Producer: Bruno Nahon
Production: Zadig Productions, France

T.+33 1 5830 8010 F. +33 1 5830 6869
                 DigiBeta PAL, Colour, 90'
                 France 2005
                 http://www.filmfestival.gr/docfestival/ ... ons&id=313

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TB DOCUMENTARY?
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2007, 11:17:05 PM »
Regarding this WWASP Documentary:

It is reported that Sue Scheff and Paula Reeves both live in Florida, right?
This seems to add to the confusion about why this film's distribution is being delayed or blocked.  Perhaps it ain't ONLY WWASP fighting its distribution?

Previously on Fornits it was reported that Sue Scheff referred the son of Paula Reeves to Sorenson Ranch after he left Tranquility Bay.  Wonder if Paula Reeves knew Scheff was being paid for referrals--if, in fact ,Scheff was paid for this placement; and if Paula Reeves was pleased with the placement of her son at Sorenson Ranch?

On the CAFFETY site, Paula Reeves once posted that she and Scheff sort of "agreed to disagree" about Scheff's policy of being paid for referring children to programs---whatever that may mean.

This does seem to be a confusing.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Documentary
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2007, 07:59:31 PM »
Here in England my family saw the longer film of an hour and a half called The Lost Children of Tranquility Bay. I also saw the shortie george version in Australia called Tranquility Bay.

I don't get it. The longer version is better but the short version seems to be taken from the long one we saw in Europe. I'm sure it was.

The one we saw in Europe was brillant and made us cry. Why hasn't it been released on the American tellies yet?  

What does Sue Scheff has to do with any of this? Paula Reeves and more and other kiddies are in the long one but not the Australian one we saw.  Europe is not showing the short one as far as we know and I don't think anyone here even knows of the short one except for these sites.

Anyone know what this is all about?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TB DOCUMENTARY?
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2007, 09:18:18 PM »
IT appears that the SHORT VERSION has perhaps been cut/edited for a simple reason:  Maybe to promote Sue Scheff/ PURE????

If this viewer from England "didn't even seem to notice that Sue Scheff was in the film" it doesn't seem that difficult to figure this out, does it?

WHO exactly is trying to stop the distribution of this full version of the film?  That's the question that needs to be answered, and maybe it's NOT WWASP.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TB DOCUMENTARY?
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2007, 10:52:03 PM »
Could someone summarize this issue about the documentary?  Were two versions made by the producers?  If so, why?  There must be a reason why the producers would make two versions of the same documentary.  What's in the longer version that is not in the shorter version?  Some of us have not seen either version and don't know why it seems to matter so much which version is shown in the U.S. if they are both getting good reviews and tell essentially the same story (about Tran. Bay).

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TB DOCUMENTARY?
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2007, 11:57:04 PM »
As reported, there was only one FILM made by the French company.
It appears that the "shorter" version was edited from the 90 minute version which has been shown in Europe/England and is titled:
 "The Lost Children of Tranquility Bay."

This "shorter" version, which has been viewed on the internet by some in the United States, goes by the title "Tranquility Bay Documentary."

The question still remains:
Who is fighting against the distribution of the the full-length film, "The Lost Childreren of Tranquility Bay" in the United States?

Some people say that Sue Scheff does not want this full-length film to be distributed in the United States, because it does not focus on HER and PURE, as does the "shorter, edited version."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TB DOCUMENTARY?
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2007, 12:00:15 AM »
WHO IS GOING TO MAKE MONEY ON THIS FILM???????

That's the real question.

In this industry, it's always about THE MONEY!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TB DOCUMENTARY?
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2007, 09:39:20 AM »
I saw the Google short film and I don't agree that it FOCUSES on Sue Scheff although with her self-centeredness I'm sure SHE thinks it is all about her-the fucking super referral agent broad. She is in it but Sue Scheff was REFERRING KIDS to Tranquility Bay with her buddy RANDAL HINTON.  If you look at the reviews it appears that Paula Reeves is in the longer one because it says so. For sure she was not in the shorter one but I think she spoke at the beginning. This longer one has Paula and some others unknown to us in it so that is what this is about IMO. That tells me it is either WWASP or Sue Scheff trying to stop it.

As reported, there was only one FILM made by the French company.
It appears that the "shorter" version was edited from the 90 minute version which has been shown in Europe/England and is titled:
 "The Lost Children of Tranquility Bay."

This "shorter" version, which has been viewed on the internet by some in the United States, goes by the title "Tranquility Bay Documentary."

The question still remains:
Who is fighting against the distribution of the the full-length film, "The Lost Childreren of Tranquility Bay" in the United States?

Some people say that Sue Scheff does not want this full-length film to be distributed in the United States, because it does not focus on HER and PURE, as does the "shorter, edited version."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TB DOCUMENTARY?
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2007, 11:36:30 AM »
Sort of strange how WWASP and Sue Scheff's names get paired up a lot, isn't it?
It seems like it has been Scheff and WWASP from the get-go, doesn't it---until Scheff decided to compete against WWASP in this nasty referral business?  That's how it seems, anyway.