Author Topic: CAICA TOOTS IT'S OWN HORN (and PURE's) AGAIN ...  (Read 4156 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CAICA TOOTS IT'S OWN HORN (and PURE's) AGAIN ...
« on: December 21, 2006, 12:25:22 PM »
Not that anyone should be surprised, but you would think these two women would wise up and realize the price for over-exposure of themselves in self-generated press releases.  People aren't stupid you know.  And search engines can not be counted on to point people only to CAICA or PURE friendly websites.   :lol:

Bottom line is this lawsuit isn't about them.  It's about children who allege they were physically, mentally and emotionally abused and parents who allege they were defrauded.  

Second, Isabelle Zehnder who describes herself as a "legal professional" really ought to take the time to read the WWASPS trial transcript (posted on her own website) against Scheff/PURE.  Apparently she is unaware of the testimony relevant to Ms. Scheff's involvement with WWASPS as a referrer to their programs, including Majestic Ranch, a program Zehnder herself, describes as abusive in a report she wrote and published on her own website.  

What interests me is whether any of these plaintiffs are children and parents who were referred to WWASPS by Sue Scheff either before or after she started PURE?

Anyone know?

http://www.webwire.com/ViewPressRel.asp?aId=25454
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 12:42:17 PM »
------Original Message------
To: Ken Kay
Date: August 17, 2001
Subject: Sue Scheff

The last contact I had with Sue was 8 18 (sic 16) she emailed a lead to me. In our last conversation probably last week July she said she thought our programs were good but that our Seminars were terrible. She said she would continue to send referrals to me for Majestic Ranch as she didn't have any other resources for younger kids 7-12. She said she had placed 8 kids that week in Red Cliff or Red Rock not sure which. She asked me to manipulate the referral system and give 2 referrals to her so she wouldn't have to pay Diane Luchetto for 2 referrals that she somehow received from her. She said she had given Diane about 12 referrals. I told her that I couldn't change that information in our computer system and that I didn't feel right about doing it if I could.

Kevin Richey
Teen Help
Admission's Coordinator

--------------------------

Posted under Historical Documents Thread (FORNITS)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 01:32:56 PM »
Ya know, that's a really good question.  If Scheff, in fact, referred families to WWASPS, what do these particular parents have to say about their WWASPS experience?  Have any of them ever spoken out publically?  

I haven't read the amended complaint yet but it seems to me the original complaint may have named at least one WWASPS related referral company as a defendant.  But not all parents who were referred to WWASPS programs were referred by one of their referral companies, correct?  Many were referred by educational consultants, WWASPS parents, and as revealed in the WWASPS v. PURE trial transcripts, by PURE, which is an independent program referral service, not a WWASPS referral company.

Guess I'll just have to read the newly amended complaint and see if I can answer my own questions.  Anyone else who is interested, can find it posted here (Turley's own website):

http://turleylaw.com/Recent_Filings/200 ... d%2088.pdf

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 01:37:49 PM »
See this thread which offers more insight about Sue Scheff (PURE) and her relationship with Teen Help and someone named Randall Hinton.

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=19872

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 05:30:53 PM »
Why the hell would any parent send a 7 year old kid off to a program in the middle of nowhere to be cared for by complete strangers?  Was Majestic Ranch even licensed at the time?  This is truly appalling that children THAT YOUNG can be shipped off to private UNREGULATED (and possibly unlicensed) programs.  I hope the media wakes up to what is going on in the referral industry because this is just heartbreaking, IMO.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 11:56:05 AM »
Maybe Izzy should sell bumper stickers that say "Honk if you love PURE CAICA"?  

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 01:48:21 PM »
I've heard of a parent who secretly drugged their kid to make them more complaint while being transported to a program, but never heard of a child as young as 7 years old being sent to one of these places.  It's bad enough that many of these programs take kids as young as 12 years old but a second grader?  That is just insane, IMO.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sue Scheff and Randall Hinton Selling their souls together
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2006, 02:54:01 PM »
From BuzzKill----

///Wait a minute. This article [reference letter] is from back in 2001! Was this before Sue and WWASPS had their fallout?///

Clearly so. But it was After PURE was formed, and That is very interesting, to me at least.

Well, Sue by her own mouth was selling WWASP programs with the help of RANDAL HINTON.  They were partners!

No wonder she wanted nothing to do with Layne Brown. When was Layne at Tranquility Bay?  

Sue Scheff has some deep soul searching to do if ya ask me.  Oh yea, just for Sue-sue----IMO   :rofl:

The question is will Sue-Sue and her PURE company be named as a defendant in the Turley lawsuit?  

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2006, 10:37:07 PM »
How could PURE be named as a defendant in the Turley Lawsuit?  I thought the lawsuit was against WWASPS?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 02:25:50 PM »
Bump.  Anybody have any answers to these questions they can share?