Author Topic: Brat Camp: Fifth Installment in the Works  (Read 13493 times)

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
Thats new
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 03:33:32 PM »
I thought that twentytwenty were engaged to Aspen forever as marketing for the yet unexplored European market.

Why only three weeks. Family brat camp this year showed it. The parents quit if it is too hard for them and it would not be the first time.

Many parents quit the first time before any program comes into consideration.

That is why the youngster run away in the first place or hang around the cities drunk and on drugs. They need to address the problems long before they wake up due to the police knocking on the front door or finding the child ready for a fast trip down to the hospital to be pumped out.

Addressing the problems is for a start to talk with the child.

Yes. I am a father. I know that it will cost you and you risk missing the news or a nap in the sofa. But that is the price you have chosen to pay the very day you made your child.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Brat Camp: Fifth Installment in the Works
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 03:53:07 AM »
We only got 1 season of brat camp her and it was during the summer when nobody was watching. I saw an episode and then forgot except i remeber thinking that if i were a young delinquent and I was forced into the middle of nowhere with assholes bossing me around I would be sure to smash Daddy beamer with a cricket bat when i got home. After all he already did his worse. I also wondered if the pale english kids who were not used to a hot summer would get heatstroke and enact some kind of lord of the flies scenrio.

So this is why i think it would be interesting to see what happens when mumsy gets to go to the summer camp from hell. i am guessing they water it down so it is not as bad for the parent but I think it would be amusing to see how La madre likes having to live off lentils and deal with some Asshole making her share her most humiliating and shameful secrets not just to her kid but to random strangers with whom she shares no common ground. let the parents also do pointless tasks in order to learn a work ethic. See if the parents question natural consequences like being penalised as a group. See how comfy it is for them to be unable to wash correctly for 28 days. I hope this season of Brat camp does get shown here.
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
The parents can not take it longer than three weeks.
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 01:37:13 PM »
Season four of Brat Camp - UK was a family camp. One of the parents pulled her family because it was too hard for her regardless of the fact that her son was improving.

Another family pulled their daughter due to a claim from the child about abuse. The believed their daughter because they were there themselves and had seen what the "therapist" was able to do.

So - no family camp can go on longer than three weeks or there will be a huge risk of the parents chicken out.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Re: The parents can not take it longer than three weeks.
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 05:21:47 PM »
Quote from: ""Covergaard""
Season four of Brat Camp - UK was a family camp. One of the parents pulled her family because it was too hard for her regardless of the fact that her son was improving.

:rofl:  ::bwahaha::  ::bwahaha2::
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline The Luffly Shandy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 01:15:55 AM »
So what's the whole story about brat camp? Because during my stay at turn about they were filming a German version of brat camp, and there weren't parents or anything like that...
A HREF=\"http://myspace.com/turnaboutsurvivor\">Join The Cause

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
There are several versions.
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 04:00:55 AM »
If you look on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brat_Camp you will find, that there is several countries involved in the "Brat camp" concepts.

TwentyTwenty in UK started it. They used Redcliff with a huge success. "Everyone" like to see people break down on television and they got their money worth. Redcliff was so harsh on these kid (But not as harsh as they wanted to be. Read the link in the article.)

Redcliff did not want to ease off children just for the TV, so Aspen took on the next season (as well as season 3 and 4). The UK viewers wanted to see new stuff every year, so they tried to bring the parents along in the forth season. (Parents do have a part in creating a so-called "brat". It came apparent in season two, where a parent on TV say "You actions may me consider suicide". What kind of parent would use such a threat?)

Aspen gave up after season 4 and left it to Anasazi to make UK version 5.

ABC brought the concept from TwentyTwenty to create an American version, which became "ABC Brat Camp". They used Sagewalk and it resulted in criticism back in the states. So there would not be a second season in your country.

The concept was also sold to Germany and the Netherlands. They would properly use a RTC like Turnabout Ranch due to the language barrier. (It would be dangerous if a misslead instruction would lead to a child dying in the wilderness. As you know it very well Turnabout is a prison without walls. Where could the children go?).

They were trying to hire personel speaking german and dutch. I dont think that they would get very qualifitied instructors, because most professionels in Europe finds the stuff that is going on over at your place child abuse.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007, 07:08:41 PM »
You catagorize Brat Camp as a "Reality TV" show, which is inaccurate. Might you consider editing that? While they may have been billed as Reality TV to increase interest, they were considered Documentaries by the producers and programs. Nothing staged, not for entertainment, but to educate Brits about how Amurkins deal with their rowdy kids.
Classifying them as Reality TV is deceptive and could lead the viewing audience to believe that the takedowns and other abuse was stage for affect.

http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.ph ... ary#238492
http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.ph ... ary#238483

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 05:07:57 AM »
But it is not the real thing. If look on wikipedia and read Redcliff's account of why they did not want to be a part of the show anymore, they claim that they had to think too much about what they said to the children.

Wayne in season two could not "wrestle" with the girl as he used to do if we should take "Toni in Utah" serious.

They were cared for, so the viewers could get the impression that the staff was there for them.

It was harsh on the children, but not quite reality. We should also keep in mind that it is 24 hours of television cut down to 1 hour. How many tears did Jada not cry, we did not see. Check Lauren's myspace (I will respect her privacy and send you the link as a personal message.) with pictures of sagewalk taken apart from the aired program. Someone even smiled.

We must also keep in mind off, why there are so many programs out there which want to be a part of the "Brat camp" succes. It is the money. One dead child in "brat camp" and the industry is finished.

Documentary? Perhaps. But not a documentary about the industry, but about what is does to a child when it is put on display with all the personal problem displayed for the entire nation.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 09:35:52 AM »
Covergaard wrote:
It was harsh on the children, but not quite reality. We should also keep in mind that it is 24 hours of television cut down to 1 hour. How many tears did Jada not cry, we did not see.

I think it would be safe to say you get to see all the conflict and tears.  Viewers don?t want to see a bunch of kids sitting around enjoying themselves and laughing (not good for ratings).  Any conflict or argument, fight is going to make prime time?..think about it, how many drunken brawls or shots in the hot tub are left on the editing floor in place of the group sitting around eating pizza and discussing what they want to do tomorrow on the show ?Real world??  Its all about conflict and controversy, something the people can take to the water cooler the next day.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 08:00:04 PM »
What was totally alarming is that people indeed want to see kids be made cry, sometimes in physical pain!
 If six fat people want to wear a bikini on TV and be yelled at to loose weight or a bunch of adult slappers wish to lock themselves in a house for 15 minutes of fame all power to them. But the fact that as a society we encourage the public degradation and shaming of children who dont have a choice is really sad.
How can any adult person justify what they did to lucy. it was obvious that the girl was a handful. it was also obvious that she was more likely to act up for the cameras than the other girls. But at fifteen she was made an international figure of fun. Unlike georgie who the audience laughed with when she was able to point out the stipidity of her 20 year old wardens, or Joe from BC2 who aptly dubbedthe roundy camp facist Wane the Wanker, the audience laughed at Lucy, even when people twisted her wrists for over an hour. Even when she was followed and goaded and literally told to punch guy in the face.
What is amazing was that this was not portrayed as discraceful but as must see TV. Channel 4 and Aspen have made socially acceptably for adults to laugh at fat kids!

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 09:26:52 PM »
Hopefully we will pull out of this mentality as a society and turn to more cultured programs.  The reality tv craze initially caused a blur between documentary and fiction.  The first few episodes of survivor, real world, American Idol, Apprentice etc. was focused on the humanitarian aspect of people living together or competing together and was extremely real, competitive and interesting.  But what the participants found out was if you stood out or became the protagonist or antagonist you could make a few bucks after the show aired so screw the million dollar prize, the key was to get yourself noticed.  Brat Camp is not excluded from this?.if the kid acts right for the camera it could become an audition for a spin off series?.., the biggest Brat, the one that does well or moves on to college first etc.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2007, 04:30:26 PM »
I laugh at kids who are hurt on TV, Ha,Ha,Ha.. the screaming was my favorite part, Ha,Ha,Ha..

TheWho (can't sign in)

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
Brat Camp a career jump and as a failure
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2007, 05:16:08 PM »
Some of the kids are smart. They have used being on Bramp Camp as a kind of recommendation for a future job.

Jemma from Brat Camp two (The girl they could not break) is seen here on another show: http://www.islandoo.com/account/user_page/3584

Lydia from Brat Camp 3 is seen as a succesful show-dancer with little but at least some clothes on. I think I have her myspace address somewhere, if you want to go to such a place. (Personally I dont visit such places).

But we also have victims. Fran from Brat Camp 1 could not walk in town without people also asking her to through one of those fit of rages they saw her do on TV.

James (BC1) can not go anywhere with his car without the police being all over him. (No smoke without a fire. If a person needs to be sent 6000 kilometers away, he must be a bad person, so the police is properly just doing their job pulling him over everytime his car leaves the driveway)

Also either Gordon or Tom (BC1) was shown in the follow-up a year later, properly because Gordon continued to use his fist and Tom wanted to continue to smoke some weeds "because he only lived once".

Georgie from Brat Camp 3 is locked up at Excel Academy. Julia is living in the streets as far as I have heard.

So being on Brat Camp can either be a positive jump-start into public life as the tough one or just one kick more down the gutter.